Mr. Big Dog

PALIN 2012

103 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
. I would vote for her if she ran in 2012. The screwball image is nothing more than liberal attacks that have been circulated until they are believed. If you take the time to really look at what she has done in her job you will find she is very competent. She has had 80% approval ratings in Alaska. You don't get that if your the moron she is made out to be.

Actually, if you look - she started with high ratings before people got to know her well in office - her current ratings are dropping like a rock. A friend who lives in Wasilla tells me that Palin is not very popular there these days at all.

http://www.themudflats.net/2009/03/30/the-...approval-index/

http://www.themudflats.net/2009/05/06/pali...-burning-start/

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I love that people here have such a hard-on for their little partisan mud flinging that they'll actually defend a screwball like Palin.

Would anyone seriously vote for that?

Well, count me in as an idiot then. I would vote for her if she ran in 2012. The screwball image is nothing more than liberal attacks that have been circulated until they are believed. If you take the time to really look at what she has done in her job you will find she is very competent. She has had 80% approval ratings in Alaska. You don't get that if your the moron she is made out to be.

No they aren't Gary, that's just it.

Certainly Palin has been the subject of a lot of attacks in the media (not least from her own party which tried to blame her for the failure of McCain's Presidential bid), but the fact that she appeared on TV appearing totally clueless about national politics and couldn't answer simple questions related to that and to the broad thrust of the McCain campaign showed how woefully underpowered she is.

We've had 8 years of one of the worst presidents in modern times, and if Palin gets similar support then we won't have learned our lesson.

I have no doubt that that GOP has well qualified, charismatic people in its ranks, but Palin really isn't it. She's a real life Looney-Tune!

^ not true.

It was Sarah Plain's interview with Katie Couric about Russia's proximity to Alaska that killed McCain's campaign and did it in for me and my vote as well as many millions of Americans when we realized we're smarter than her on that subject.

Look it's fine to be a left-winger but at least be an honest one.

We have read your posts......... don't even pretend you ever thought about voting McCain/Palin

:bonk:

Hee you haven't read all of them then! :D

I've got to give the Right props for knocking Biden though. I worry a little about that guy too! Hope Obama stays healthy.

The "Right" don't have to knock Joe Biden. Joe Biden is better at doing that himself than anyone else. :thumbs:

Biden has gone into Oblivion if you ask me. We don't hear much about him these days.

I have been sparing with Pike since he was know as FishDude. Trust me, I seriously doubt if he ever would have voted for McCain/Palin. Besides, I don't think he is a citizen yet so the question is moot. Have you naturalized yet Pike?

Timeline
. I would vote for her if she ran in 2012. The screwball image is nothing more than liberal attacks that have been circulated until they are believed. If you take the time to really look at what she has done in her job you will find she is very competent. She has had 80% approval ratings in Alaska. You don't get that if your the moron she is made out to be.

Actually, if you look - she started with high ratings before people got to know her well in office - her current ratings are dropping like a rock. A friend who lives in Wasilla tells me that Palin is not very popular there these days at all.

If I remember correctly, Palin scored highly with conservatives, but never really had any appeal outside of the traditional conservative base.

^ not true.

It was Sarah Plain's interview with Katie Couric about Russia's proximity to Alaska that killed McCain's campaign and did it in for me and my vote as well as many millions of Americans when we realized we're smarter than her on that subject.

We have read your posts......... don't even pretend you ever thought about voting McCain/Palin

I've got to give the Right props for knocking Biden though. I worry a little about that guy too! Hope Obama stays healthy.

The "Right" don't have to knock Joe Biden. Joe Biden is better at doing that himself than anyone else. :thumbs:

Biden has gone into Oblivion if you ask me. We don't hear much about him these days.

I have been sparing with Pike since he was know as FishDude. Trust me, I seriously doubt if he ever would have voted for McCain/Palin. Besides, I don't think he is a citizen yet so the question is moot. Have you naturalized yet Pike?

I think you're confusing me with someone else Gary ;)

I'm not Pooky.

I love that people here have such a hard-on for their little partisan mud flinging that they'll actually defend a screwball like Palin.

Well, count me in as an idiot then. I would vote for her if she ran in 2012. The screwball image is nothing more than liberal attacks that have been circulated until they are believed. If you take the time to really look at what she has done in her job you will find she is very competent. She has had 80% approval ratings in Alaska. You don't get that if your the moron she is made out to be.

Certainly Palin has been the subject of a lot of attacks in the media (not least from her own party which tried to blame her for the failure of McCain's Presidential bid), but the fact that she appeared on TV appearing totally clueless about national politics and couldn't answer simple questions related to that and to the broad thrust of the McCain campaign showed how woefully underpowered she is.

We've had 8 years of one of the worst presidents in modern times, and if Palin gets similar support then we won't have learned our lesson.

I have no doubt that that GOP has well qualified, charismatic people in its ranks, but Palin really isn't it. She's a real life Looney-Tune!

I say again, look at what she has done in Alaska. The accomplishments are not one of a "looney-tune". If you judge her by the things she said in an interview then why did Biden get elected with Obama? He has a very long record of totally looney-tune remarks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
^ not true.

Ok, but Plain is a bad fish. I say throw her back and search for someone else better qualified for 2012 surely there are some.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

I'm not Pooky.

Opps, my bad. To many quote boxes to keep track of. :blush: And it was ~flower~ that I should have been responding to.

Gary.......

If the GOP really wants to return to its roots, Palin is the exact sort of person they don't need driving the bus.

The real leaders and 'right thinkers' of the GOP recognize that.

From your perspective maybe. From mine she is exactly what I would be looking for. That is politics I suppose.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm not Pooky.

Opps, my bad. To many quote boxes to keep track of. :blush: And it was ~flower~ that I should have been responding to.

My Uncle lives in Wasilla and before the general election they were saying she was bad and they voted for her. Now she is leaving and that doesn't make her a good leader or even the kind you want for a country.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

That's all Obama's fault.

Timeline

I say again, look at what she has done in Alaska. The accomplishments are not one of a "looney-tune". If you judge her by the things she said in an interview then why did Biden get elected with Obama? He has a very long record of totally looney-tune remarks.

Biden is a goof - but he was always in the background (where he should have been).

From what I saw at least one of the problems with the McCain campaign was that they put Palin in the foreground (over McCain) because again the main reason she was selected was to give McCain's "Maverick" rhetoric a youthful polish. That meant that there was a certain expectation on Palin to at least justify the importance placed on her - and she failed to do it. We're not talking the odd gaffe here - but that she was demonstrably unable to pitch the campaign platform and appeared clueless on national TV about frontline politics.

Part of that could have been that she wasn't coached very well - but that isn't really much of an excuse when it comes to one of the most prominent and most closely scrutinised political appointments there is. You can't afford to not know what you're talking about.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
McCain's problem was that he never really distanced himself from GWB to make his policies sound "Maverick". Of course he had an uphill battle going into the campaign - but it seemed obvious to me that Palin was selected not for her qualifications, but because McCain needed someone young and "new" to buff up his image.

Unfortunately while Palin may have looked good on paper, she was a total embarrassment when she opened her mouth.

Unlike Biden then? http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...nder.html?cat=9

05-02-2004 Met in Östersund, Sweden
09-07-2007 Got married in Eden Gardens State Park, Santa Rosa Beach, FL

*************************************************************************************************

AOS

11-02-2007 - Filed

03-14-2008 - Green Card received

*************************************************************************************************

Lifting of Conditions

02-08-2010 - Filed

06-21-2010 - Green Card received

N-400

06-24-2017 - N-400 package sent via EFile

06-24-2017 - Payment received via credit card

07-01-2017 - Appointment notice received

07-19-2017 - Biometrics appointment in Atlanta, GA

08-04-2017 - Case updated. Interview scheduled. 

"Whither thou goest I will go, whither thou lodgest I will lodge,
Thy people shall be my people, And thy God my God." ~ Ruth 1:16

Timeline
Gary.......

If the GOP really wants to return to its roots, Palin is the exact sort of person they don't need driving the bus.

The real leaders and 'right thinkers' of the GOP recognize that.

Is Palin the "best" that the GOP has to offer?

I honestly doubt it.

McCain's problem was that he never really distanced himself from GWB to make his policies sound "Maverick". Of course he had an uphill battle going into the campaign - but it seemed obvious to me that Palin was selected not for her qualifications, but because McCain needed someone young and "new" to buff up his image.

Unfortunately while Palin may have looked good on paper, she was a total embarrassment when she opened her mouth.

Unlike Biden then? http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...nder.html?cat=9

Your question is moot at this point - in that I already covered it in the preceding post.

Well, Obama's ratings have been falling also. Do you apply the same conclusions to him?