peace

How long you've been separated

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We were separated 36 years and 26 years, respectively. So much so that we didn't even know each other. The last four and a half months of our separation (from when we met in person until Nani had her visa and moved here) were the hardest, though. :P

Edited by ET-US2004

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

In these 5 months over we have been appart we talk at least 3 hours a day through Skype, and send e-mails and e-cards to cheer each other up. We´ll to a new low now ´cus I´ll move to a place where I won´t have a computer or a connection so we´ll have to stick to phone calls, which are very expensive so we´ll only be able to talk for a few minutes every day. Hopefully our process won´t take much longer now. Rio gives interviews rather fast. I will use lan houses everytime I can to arrange an MSN talk so we can speak for longer.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

its been almost 7 months since i have seen my fiance, and i wont be able to see him until our process is approved as he is in South Korea and it is too far to just make a trip. It is hard because we have not even gotten our NOA2 yet and it has almost been 6 months waiting for that. But, we are still hanging in there.

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

3 months now and it feels like longer :cry:

the longest time we've been apart was for 7 months and I thought I would pull my hair out :lol: but we handle it well... we make each other laugh alot (yes, we are too silly :lol: ), we talk on the phone and internet everyday 2, 3 times, see each other through the webcam, make plans, so things are as easy as they can be :energetic:

brazilCq14.gifLiszy & Kenny usaCa.gif

----~~~-----

12/26/06 Sent AOS to Chicago

04/16/07 Green Card approved w/o interview !! YYYAAAYY

----~~~-----

03/16/2009 - I-751 sent to VSC

03/17/2009 - VSC received

03/18/2009 - NOA 1

03/20/2009 - Check cashed

03/23/2009 - NOA 1 in mail

04/01/2009 - Biometrics letter

04/14/2009 - Biometrics

04/15/2009 - Touched

04/16/2009 - I guess I can lay down and sleep now ?

07/16/2009 - 3 months later...... nothing... oh well

07/21/2009 - Card production ordered w/o interview again :) !! woohooo

07/22/2009 - Touched

07/30/2009 - Card is here !

----~~~-----

01/23/2019 - I-90 sent online

01/28/2019 - Notice of receipt in the mail

02/01/2019 - Biometrics notice in the mail

02/15/2019 - Biometrics

02/21/2019 - Card being produced

02/23/2019 - Card received!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I haven't seen my baby since April. But instead of looking back I prefer to have a date to look forward to - I'm a stressed out, grumpy emotional mess until I have a date fixed. I'm flying to Los Angeles in one week (yeah!)

Six year relationship, 9344 miles apart. :(

We talk every day, we email back and forth all day, we chat and call from yahoo, and frequent phone sex helps! :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
We talk every day, we email back and forth all day, we chat and call from yahoo, and frequent phone sex helps! :P

oo la la...

we talk every day from skypeout but even that is getting expensive :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:( Separation is hard, and it isn't over for us.. We met in Jan 04, and spent every single moment together until he had to go back to Canada in March 04. I had a fun experience with the airline over a birth certificate issue, so couldn't fly to visit him in June 04 so I jumped the bus to Sweetgrass, MT.. border with Alberta. Anton met me at the border and of course the Canadian's didn't care if I had an unofficial birth certificate, after a few questions they said welcome to Alberta. We were going to originally start me on a Canadian Immigration , but Anton decided it would be easier to come here on a K-1. We were engaged in June 04. I spent two weeks in Alberta and then came home, quit my job, ( it was before that daym Affidvit of Support,} and flew back up to Canada at the end of August 04 I stayed until mid Sept. I loved it up there.

Anton doesn't like the cold, so he drove down here in October 04. We started our K-1 paper work. He could only stay 3 months since he was on a Visa Waiver so he drove back up to Canada, and that's when it really started getting rough. He was denied entry into the US and tried several different ways of coming back like trying for a Visitor's visa, but was denied that.

So, It wasn't until June 05 that I made it back up to visit, cause now I had to go back to work full time being the supporting sponsor. We saw each other 2 weeks.

Then yeah, he got his Visa in July, finished his work up and came down in October 05.

We have been together 8 months, when he got his EAD, he couldn't stand the heat down here and found a job In Flagstaff, about 4 hours North of here, so now we are separated again!!! :( I thought I'd get up

there to visit, but we are trying to get me out of total debit, credit card ,student loan, so I take as much work as I can get, and I havent' seen him in two weeks.

His work schedule got messed up for the 4th of July and they made him work over this weekend. He will be down next weekend, and then I will finally have a weekend to visit him up there.

He also needs to visit his father who is 72 and help him out getting the farm up for the winter in Alberta, so there we go again. I will be working here, and he will be in Alberta for a few months.

Needing $ is a pispoor excuse, but right at this time I can't sacrifice loosing jobs, as since he was here without a job, we accrued some bills.

We do have cell phone minutes now we share so we catch up with each other every night for a few minutes.

And at least he's not permanently away.... There is more hope now with the Green Card that we are able to freely travel to and from Canada, cause as soon as we catch up on the bills we hope to spend half the year in Alberta and half here inTucson. The best of both worlds.

Thanks for letting me have the opportunity to tell my story..

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We were apart from the 21st of June/2005 to the 8th of June/2006...... so one year!

Spent 2 weeks together and now we've been apart from the 21st of June/2006 to this day. :crying:

We talk a lot using msn, skype...... we spend most of our days on camera! And I call him a lot too. We miss each other but we found a way too keep each ohter close! And it's working very well....... sometimes it feels like he's right here. :luv:

But hey........ I want my visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to KNOW, and not just feel, that we're together!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

WE'VE BEEN SEPERATED FOR 7 MONTHS. HE IS THINKING OF OF MAKING US A LIFE IN UK. HE WANTS TO KNOW IF THIS IS WONDER LAND (USA) THATS WHY THEY GIVE HIM HARD TIME AT EMBASSY. HE ALWAYS SAY

WHAT THE FU CK. I JUST WANT TO BE WITH MY FIANCE. I WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY TERRORIST CAME HERE ON FIANCE OR K-3 VISA. AS FAR AS I I KNOW NON. ANYWAY THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY

5-2005/ met online

11-4-2005/ went to see him in republic of georgia

11-25-2005 returned home

01-17-2006/ sent I129F to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->nsc<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

01-23-2006/ packet was recieved and signed for

01-23-2006 / NOA 1

01-26-2006/ check was cashed

01-31-2006/ recieved NOA 1 in mail

03-23-2006/ NOA 2 - oh yeah

03-27-2006/ touched

03-30-2006/ recieved NOA 2 in mail

04-07-2006-petition was sent to nvc

04-19-2006/petition got entered into nvc system recieved case number

05-30-2006/ interview date ( yahoo)

05-30-2006/he was put on a/p

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
how long have you been away from you significant other..... If already with them how long where you apart and what are some general tips on helping cope with the distance and the separation?

Me personally we have been apart for a year now and what helps right now is just talking with each other on yahoo or something......

The reason I am asking is cause I would like to find different ways of dealing cause not everyone knows way to cope with the pressure and stress in this situation. Lets help each other out

We have been apart since last September. We use MSN messenger everyday, and webcams on the weekend. I found a great internet based phone service (like Vonage) that costs $50 per month for unlimited calling worldwide. Let's just say that they might rethink that "unlimited" part after awhile... :P

Through experience we have learned how to deal arguments. If it starts to get ugly we will not use instant messaging because things can be said too quickly. We use email to work through the problem so that we can complete our thoughts and control our emotion. Thankfully we don't have to do this often.

I try to send gifts that are more personal. I am a soccer nut, so I sent her a custom USA world cup jersey that has my name and number on it.

We used to play a game together in the arcades in Beijing. I found a game just like it for the pc, so I bought it and then installed GoToMyPC on my computer at home. Now she can look at my computer screen and we talk on the phone and play they game together. That sounds kinda geeky but we really loved playing that game together before, and it lets us be able to share something that is special for us.

In spite of all of the efforts that we make to stay close, it is still difficult. As far as I can tell there are no magic bullets for making this easy. Some days we both feel very lonely. We just keep plugging away one day at a time.

Qiao

我爱小兔子

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

once we were "together together" and not just dating - we were only apart 70 days at the most - but we WERE apart 2 years when we were just dating...not too many dates there, eh?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

i wanted to try and travel down every couple of months, but that is just not an option right now for me. last time i saw Kathe was April 23rd. Hopefully I will be back in Peru in September.

We talk everyday either via MSN or Vonage.

.oO - Jake & Kathe - Oo.

the significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them - Einstein

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I have seen my man several times in the past few years but only for 4-5 days at a time-every 4 months or so.

We haven't really been "together" in almost 2 years. His interview is this week so I hope things will change real soon

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"