Thursday!

41 posts in this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mornin gals.

we had a shower last night too, didn't hear any thunder tho. We did have the A/C on in our room and the rain beat that for quite sometime :blink:

Bridget and Nagi...hubby is working too all weekend too bad we couldn't all hang out and see the fireworks together.

It's not going to be an eventful 4th for me either. We are supposed to go to the shore for the day Friday, I wouldn't say I am 100% about it just yet.

Just a lil something of what you might see July 4th here in Philly

4thofJulyFireworks-GWidman_Ulong.jpg

image_1669910.jpg

http://www.gophila.com/Go/PressRoom/files/...-2-RKennedy.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
I think I've seen one hint of sunshine in the last month and it's really getting to me. The next few days doesn't look at all promising, especially the 4th.

Hubby is working double shifts on the 3rd and 4th and I can't find anyone to go to our fireworks with me since the kids will be in Gloucester with their dad and stepmom watching those fireworks. Oh well I'll rent a whole bunch of girly flicks and then watch the Boston Pops. To this day I get goosebumps when I hear the 1812 Overture. (why on earth it's connected to the 4th of July I'll never know :P)

I don't know either, but I have the same reaction to it. The Memphis Symphony used to play it every year beside the river, and we'd go sit on the grass and wait for that cannon :-)

I'll be putting my husband on a plane to Morocco on the 4th :cry: but we'll enjoy this evening and tomorrow together.

Yikes!! will he be back for the birth of the baby?? you are awful close!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good day everyone! Happy Thursday! I have cramps...argh! At least I understand why I was so emotional and ate anything I could get my hands on this week. Oh mother nature :P Have a great day everyone!!

awww. I suffer terribly some months and hardly at all on other months. I prescribe hot baths, comfy cozy clothes, naps, chinese food and sappy movies that will make you cry and get it all out. Oh and chocolate...preferably Ben and Jerry's NY Chocolate Fudge Chunk. :thumbs:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think I've seen one hint of sunshine in the last month and it's really getting to me. The next few days doesn't look at all promising, especially the 4th.

Hubby is working double shifts on the 3rd and 4th and I can't find anyone to go to our fireworks with me since the kids will be in Gloucester with their dad and stepmom watching those fireworks. Oh well I'll rent a whole bunch of girly flicks and then watch the Boston Pops. To this day I get goosebumps when I hear the 1812 Overture. (why on earth it's connected to the 4th of July I'll never know :P)

I don't know either, but I have the same reaction to it. The Memphis Symphony used to play it every year beside the river, and we'd go sit on the grass and wait for that cannon :-)

I'll be putting my husband on a plane to Morocco on the 4th :cry: but we'll enjoy this evening and tomorrow together.

Yikes!! will he be back for the birth of the baby?? you are awful close!

He's due back two weeks before the day they're talking about inducing, so it is close, but I'll have my fingers crossed, and he's promised to change his flight if things change. :unsure:

Happy Thursday!

5 more days 'til I leave for Morocco! YAY!!!

Have fun!

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We went on our date to Thai food today and we had our discussion about me staying or going and decided it is best for me to go back August 5th using my return ticket and waiting for him to get his visa and follow me shortly so cross you fingers. At first he was upset for awhile but after much discussion he was doing much better and we have settled on a plan for the rest of the year. This 4th of July weekend he is going to Cairo without me to get his medical check. I'd rather stay in my own place alone then stay at his families waiting around while he is out running errands and meeting friends so I will be celebrating the 4th in Hurghada alone. He leaves tomorrow.

013.jpg

Edited by ~Flower~

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

We went on our date to Thai food today and we had our discussion about me staying or going and decided it is best for me to go back August 5th using my return ticket and waiting for him to get his visa and follow me shortly so cross you fingers. At first he was upset for awhile but after much discussion he was doing much better and we have settled on a plan for the rest of the year. This 4th of July weekend he is going to Cairo without me to get his medical check. I'd rather stay in my own place alone then stay at his families waiting around while he is out running errands and meeting friends so I will be celebrating the 4th in Hurghada alone. He leaves tomorrow.

013.jpg

Wow, that must have been some discussion. (Hope the Thai was good.) Pray that both of u are at peace with ur decision and I also pray for him to get his Visa ASAP! You live in Washington?? If so, maybe Maggie and I will need to take a road trip to come visit u...or u can come here! You're in my prayers!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Happy Thursday- Not sure on other Embassy sites, but Thursday is the day they usually make changes to AP staus online in Damascus.

No change for this week. Oh well. There is always next week! :clock:

Not one plan for the weekend. No kids around either. Hmm...perhaps I will spend the weekend watching movies and reading trashy novels!

Baj

ah. the longing....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello to everyone and wishing all a safe 4th of July weekend, I finially get the entire weekend off, not sure how to act without being at work on a Sat. so very excited to get lots of fireworks and join in with some friends at her home in a city close to mine she has a big farm and horse arena where they will have an annual 4th of July event. Its very big and will be great food and good times.

Olivia I'm glad you got things setteled with Waleed, Ahmed and I have talked about my comming the end of July and as I told you he was wanting to go to the North Coast, he actually walked there yesterday from the military camp to check out villas and apt's to rent. Was a big day for him, when I talked to him he said " honey I've been thinking maybe we should do as you wanted and go to Hurghada" LOL so maybe will be able to see you there before you go. If we do that we will only stay 3 nights so we can go back to Alex and visit the family, I miss them so much. Plus I can't wait to give his mom the Mary Kay Satin Hands set I bought for her, she works so hard in the home I want her to have some nice soft hands for a moment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Awesome Sandra I bet Dorthe and Julie could give you recommendations for great budget priced hotels to stay in. I just posted a new album facebook and an interactive thread for Hurghada here in MENA you can check out and go on a virtual tour of. :D

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.