AlGosia

help me with this income!pls!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
hi!if the household is 3 how much the income must be? n if we need a sponsort he must fill in I130 n that's all?

N what if the income is ok but my finacee doesn't have any properities etc?help bc we don't know what to do

Most consulates use the I-864 income guidelines:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf

Unless the US citizen sponsor is in the US military, you need income of 125% of the poverty level for the size of the household. You don't have to list assets (like property) unless the income is not sufficient. Assets count for 1/3 as much as income on the I-134. In other words, an asset with a value of $3000 would only reduce the required income by $1000.

If you need a co-sponsor then he must also fill out the I-134, except that the co-sponsor's household size will include himself, his dependents, and the immigrant beneficiary, but NOT the primary sponsor and his dependents. He must meet the same income requirements.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

hi!if the household is 3 how much the income must be? n if we need a sponsort he must fill in I130 n that's all?

N what if the income is ok but my finacee doesn't have any properities etc?help bc we don't know what to do

Income must be 125% of the 2008 Federal Poverty guideline amount for the # in your household.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/08poverty.shtml

So for 3 people, 125% of $17,600 is 22,000. That's what the income needs to be.

(Unless your fiance lives in Alaska and Hawaii, where the poverty guideline is slightly higher. Please see link above.)

Owning property is not needed if the income requirement is met that's good enough.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If income is sufficient you do not need any properties or other assets. The co-sponsor would fill out form I-134, just like your fiancee and attach support documents

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

what if we have a baby together but she has an american citzenship then co-sponsor includes her too? n what if he was unemlyed couple months but 2 months ago he got a job n works a lot. n his income is 19,200 but poverty line is 22,887 for 3 people. so what must we do now?????:(

Timeline
what if we have a baby together but she has an american citzenship then co-sponsor includes her too?

The baby is an American citizen. It isn't immigrating (it has a right to live in the US), so it doesn't need a sponsor. Assuming your fiance is the father and petitioner, then he will need to list the baby as a dependent, but a co-sponsor wouldn't need to list it as a sponsored beneficiary.

n what if he was unemlyed couple months but 2 months ago he got a job n works a lot. n his income is 19,200 but poverty line is 22,887 for 3 people. so what must we do now?????:(

You need a co-sponsor.

Edited by JimVaPhuong

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

both your fiance and the co-sponsor need to fill out seperate I-134 and yes the co-sponsor needs to meet the poverty guideline, this is the purpose of getting a co-sponsor. if your co-sponsor meets the poverty guideline then your fiance's income doesn't really matter anymore.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

ok i do have couple more q.just have to be sure.so the last anual income is the most important?for 2008? bc his other incomes were enough.n doesn't it matter that he changed his job n now he works a lot n makes more money?

You will have to submit the most recent tax year (2008 for 2009 filings).

If you want your current income to count as evidence - you would need a letter from your employer, detailing the job/income/type (full/part).

You will also need paystubs (6 months or so to be sure).

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

ok.s if he will get this letter,we won't need a co-sponsor then?

If your current job meets the level needed, and you can prove it - then no, you probably will not need one.

However, you may want to get one in line *just in case* - it really depends on the person judging your case.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline
ok i do have couple more q.just have to be sure.so the last anual income is the most important?for 2008? bc his other incomes were enough.n doesn't it matter that he changed his job n now he works a lot n makes more money?

Please update your timeline with (at least) your NOA2 date.

Also, try to remember you're writing on the message board, not texting your fiance... use English, please.

Timeline
Also, try to remember you're writing on the message board, not texting your fiance... use English, please.

Thank you! One of my pet peeves! :thumbs:

Give some people a full keyboard, and they still type as if they're on a 10 key cell phone. :angry:

Thank you! One of my pet peeves! :thumbs:

Give some people a full keyboard, and they still type as if they're on a 10 key cell phone. :angry:

perhaps they are using a cell device to access the board? :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.