13 posts in this topic

Hello vj'ers,

I would appreciate if you can give my friend an advice what she needs to do. A year ago she arrive3d in Texas on a k1 visa and didnt told her hubby now that she has a 9 yr old daughter in a previous relationship so the child was out of the picture on her k1 application.

She wanted to get the child now,,is it possible for her to bring her child here? What she has to do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So they lied on their K1 application?

I don't really know how to go about children that weren't included in the K1 at all. Normally (and legally) you must include all children even if they won't be going the K2 route.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Hello vj'ers,

I would appreciate if you can give my friend an advice what she needs to do. A year ago she arrive3d in Texas on a k1 visa and didnt told her hubby now that she has a 9 yr old daughter in a previous relationship so the child was out of the picture on her k1 application.

She wanted to get the child now,,is it possible for her to bring her child here? What she has to do?

She is now a Permanent Resident right?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=child

Hello vj'ers,

Yes she is now an LPR.She asked me what she needs to do to bring her child here that was not listed on her k1 application.Can her husband file an I 130 for her child?

Edited by happywifeymom

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This sounds a little familiar I can not currently find the thread but I know there may be some problems because the child was not listed on the original application. If I was th ehusband I would be saying WTH?? Or hopefully he is accepting and they can go forward. I will look for the post.

Found it Mom seeking Advice

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello vj'ers,

Yes she is now an LPR.She asked me what she needs to do to bring her child here that was not listed on her k1 application.Can her husband file an I 130 for her child?

yes but needs to be able to prove the step parent/child relationship

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hello vj'ers,

Which brings my question of how is the husband taking all this?

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Hello vj'ers,

To start with, she needs to tell her husband that she has a child.

I'm confused. :unsure:

The child may have not been listed on the K-1, but isn't the fact that you had a child a fact that needs to be disclosed somewhere during the K-1 process....at the very least during the medical? How did your friend manage to not disclose to her husband that she is a mother of a 9 year old child? Setting aside for a moment that omitting from the K-1 that the beneficiary has a child constitutes lieing on govt. forms, the predicament your friend has created necessitates that her husband fill out an I-130 to initiate the process of bringing this child here. After having been kept in the dark about the existence of said child...now he must act as sponsor to bring said child here? IMO your friend's 'priorities' are a little skewed.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Hello vj'ers,

How can she prove it?

Hello vj'ers,

How can she prove it?

Is she the mother of the child?

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Hello vj'ers,

Oh Lord, you were supposed to put the child name into the forms for the K-1 even when the child was not traveling with you at that moment.

I would recommend you get a lawyer, the k1 forms ask you if you have child if you wrote N/A you were lying at that moment.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello vj'ers,

How can she prove it?

Well for starters... proof of relationship to the mother (ie. birth certificate) and then proof of relationship of the mother to the USC (ie. marriage certificate).

YMMV

Hello vj'ers,

How can she prove it?

Well for starters... proof of relationship to the mother (ie. birth certificate) and then proof of relationship of the mother to the USC (ie. marriage certificate).

She said she has all of that proof.Thanks for yur replies.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.