Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

my big bro and his wife wanted to keep the gender a surprise but their doc spilled the secret at the US.. :whistle: so they kept it a secret for the rest of the family.. but i couldnt do that.. i am really bad in keeping secrets.. :wacko:

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am so relieved! We went to the doctor last Wednesday. Everything is fine with the baby. I have diabetes and this is my first baby, so I am always worried if the baby is alright. We did find out the sex of the baby. We are not sharing the sex of the baby with any of the family and friends, but I want to share with some one. So I picked you guys. :) It's a BOY! My husband is so excited! He could hardly control himself.

http://bd.lilypie.com/ZLrrm5.png

11-22-04-- mailed I-129f

12-06-04 NOA 1

2-16-05 NOA 2 online Approval

2- 19-05-NOA 2 Approval receipt in mail

3-08-05 NVC assigned case number

3-10-05 Letter from NVC saying they completed processing on our case and will be forwarding our file to US Consulate in Chennai.

3-11-05 NVC forward our case to Chennai, INDIA

3-29-05 Received an email from Consulate in Chennai. Interview date May 12, 2005.

4-6-05 Fiance received the appointment letter

MAY 12,2005--INTERVIEW----- VISA APPROVED

6-2-05 WELCOME HOME Prem!

7-30-05 WEDDING DAY!!!!

8-5-05 AOS/EAD/ papers sent in

8-10-05 NOA's for AOS, EAD

12-02-05 EAD approved

12-05-05 EAD received (dated Oct.14)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we are going to tell people the sex of the baby so people know what kind of things to buy.... we are not going to tell people the name though..... that will have to wait until after the baby is born....

it turns out that hubby has no more days off this year and my ultrasounds are always in the morning and at my next ultrasound we will probably be able to find out the sex... I really wanted my hubby to be there :( ... he says just to get them to write it down and we will look at it together when he gets home from work... but who knows maybe my next ultrasound won't be till next year... :unsure:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow, time goes by quickly!

Did anybody get news from Sara, did she have her baby?

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Heh. I wish my husband could go to at least one appointment with me. He will be in Iraq until August next year though and I have to deal with the pregnancy all by myself. This sucks. :(

Can you get them to print out an ultrasound pic for you? You can also go to a place with your husband together, that does 3D and 4D ultrasounds around a time which would be convenient for both of you. I have an appointment at this place here:

http://www.babysfirstimages.com/packageschicago.htm

I mean, you do have to pay for it but I am gonna get it done so i can send a CD to my husband with the baby's images. i think it is worth the price.

If you really want your husband to be a part of an ultrasound, go to one of these places! :thumbs:

we are going to tell people the sex of the baby so people know what kind of things to buy.... we are not going to tell people the name though..... that will have to wait until after the baby is born....

it turns out that hubby has no more days off this year and my ultrasounds are always in the morning and at my next ultrasound we will probably be able to find out the sex... I really wanted my hubby to be there :( ... he says just to get them to write it down and we will look at it together when he gets home from work... but who knows maybe my next ultrasound won't be till next year... :unsure:

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
I am so relieved! We went to the doctor last Wednesday. Everything is fine with the baby. I have diabetes and this is my first baby, so I am always worried if the baby is alright. We did find out the sex of the baby. We are not sharing the sex of the baby with any of the family and friends, but I want to share with some one. So I picked you guys. :) It's a BOY! My husband is so excited! He could hardly control himself.

Another boy!! Congrats :thumbs:

We will have our anatomy ultrasound in 3 weeks. I can't wait!!!!

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

i have an avent isis manual breastpump that i never used if anyone wants it, i never BF so i dont need it.. i dunno who much it costs.. i got as a gift, make me an offer and its yours.. PM me if u want it..

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Timeline

i have been craving ice cream and chocolate these last few days which is strange because I am not a big fan of ice cream or chocolate...

so we just got back from Walgreens where I wanted to get some chocolate ice cream to satisfy both cravings but they didn't really have any.. I didn't want plain old chocolate so I settled on chocolate peanut butter cup.... hopefully that does the trick...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Yay a bunch of you will know baby's gender soon!

To anyone who has waited or is waiting(not sure if anyone is), I don't know how you do it! Me and Suj were just talking about how we've known it's a boy for a month and a half now and yet his birth still seems far away at times. And we can't imagine not knowing if it was a boy or girl until the birth, it would seem like an eternity waiting to know!

Congrats!! :thumbs:

Yet another boy!

Are you picking out all gender neutral items so that your fam and friends won't figure out what you are having? How will that work with presents, etc? Are you doing any special traditions? :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I crave 2 things: beer and coffee. It is certainly a boy and it is my hubby's son. He is already proud of him!

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Timeline

I found this artcile and thought it was great for dads to be....

http://www.babycenter.com/0_a-childbirth-c...Info%403f48fb42

A childbirth cheat sheet for dads-to-be

One of the best ways to prepare for childbirth — an eye-opening experience for most of us — is to accompany your wife or partner to a childbirth education class. Almost all hospitals and birth centers hold sessions, and parents are usually given the option of attending two or three short evening sessions or one long daytime session. For me, the class was a great introduction to the big event, still several weeks off for us.

We decided to attend a one-day childbirth preparation class at our hospital (Alta Bates in Berkeley, California) rather than attend an offsite class, where the emphasis is more likely to be on natural childbirth. I'll confess up front that I thought 80 percent of the class would be about breathing exercises. Not quite.

We immediately hit it off with our instructor, Janaki Costello, a certified doula, childbirth educator, and board-certified lactation consultant. Here are the ten key lessons she passed along:

1. Recognize the onset of true labor

Late in their pregnancy, most women will experience false labor — Braxton Hicks contractions that may start out strong but taper off and then stop after a while. Look for these signs, among others, that your wife is experiencing the real deal:

• Her water may break, resulting in a trickle or a gush of fluid. When the amniotic sac (also called the bag of waters) breaks, 80 percent of women will spontaneously go into labor within 12 hours. Keep in mind, though, that contractions usually start before her water breaks.

• Persistent lower back pain, especially if your partner also complains about a crampy, premenstrual feeling.

• Contractions that occur at regular and increasingly shorter intervals and become longer and stronger in intensity.

• She passes the mucus plug, which blocks the cervix. This isn't necessarily a sign that labor is imminent — it could still be several days away — but, at the very least, it indicates that things are moving.

2. Know how to time the contractions

Make sure your watch has a readable second hand, and time your wife's contractions from the beginning of one contraction to the beginning of the next. If they're eight to 10 minutes apart and last 30 to 45 seconds each, your partner is likely in early labor. Your doctor or midwife can help you make the decision over the phone about when to come in. As a general rule-of-thumb, if the contractions are less than five minutes apart, last a minute or more, and continue in that pattern for an hour, you should get to the hospital. But some situations call for getting to the hospital sooner, so be sure to talk to your caregiver ahead of time about what's right for you.

3. Don't get to the hospital too early

Costello hit us over the head with this admonition: Don't head to the hospital the minute your partner goes into labor. If she's dilated to only 1 centimeter, chances are they'll send you home because you have a good ways to go. "Take a walk, go to the mall or a museum, hit the beach, catch a movie — anything to help you take your mind off the contractions," Costello said. "Try not to fixate on the clock. If it happens at night, try to get back to sleep for a few hours." Easier said than done, says my wife.

4. Know what to expect during labor

Forget those TV sitcom images where a woman goes into labor and a baby pops out by the second commercial. It sometimes happens that fast, but only rarely. For most, especially first-time mothers, labor is a journey, not an event. Bottom line: Don't expect this will be over in just a few hours. Every woman's experience is different, but it's helpful to understand that there are three distinct stages of labor:

First stage

The first stage really consists of three phases:

• Early phase. This phase typically lasts up to 14 hours or longer, although it's usually considerably shorter for second and subsequent babies. As labor progresses, the contractions get longer and stronger.

• Active phase. Often this phase lasts up to six or more hours, although it can be a lot shorter. You should be in the hospital or birth center by now or en route. Contractions are much more intense, last about 40 to 60 seconds, and are spaced 3 to 5 minutes apart. Breathing exercises, relaxation techniques, and coaching are all important now. If your partner is having trouble coping or she's not interested in a drug-free labor, this is when she might opt for an epidural or other pain relief.

• Transition phase. This phase can last anywhere from a few minutes to a several hours. It's here that your partner is most likely to swear at you like a truck driver. (Don't take it personally; even women who have coped well up to this point often "lose it" during the transition phase.) Contractions last 60 to 90 seconds and come two or three minutes apart.

Second stage

• Pushing and birth. The second stage can last from minutes to hours — the average is about an hour for a first-time pregnancy (longer if she's had an epidural) — and ends with a moment that's made up in equal parts of relief and breathtaking beauty: the birth of your baby. There's a lot to think about during this phase: Do you want to record the birth on video? Will you want to cut the cord? (Be sure to remind your doctor or midwife if you do.) Does your partner want to try to breastfeed immediately after birth? If the doctor or midwife or labor and delivery nurse doesn't make sure that happens, you'll need to be ready to advocate for her.

Third stage

• Delivery of the placenta. It's not over yet! This stage, which begins immediately after the birth of your baby and ends with the delivery of the placenta anywhere from one to 30 minutes later, is usually anticlimactic but necessary. Be aware, too, that your partner may get a case of the chills during this phase or feel very shaky. If that's the case, be ready to offer a warm blanket and to hold your newborn while she's regaining her strength.

5. Be an active participant

Costello looked at the half-dozen expectant fathers around the table. "Remember, dads, it's your baby, too. You're a critical part of the process."

In the days and weeks before your baby's due date, make sure both you and your wife are packed for the hospital, including a possible change of clothes, toiletries, and camera or camcorder, and other essentials. If you have a birth plan, you may need to let the labor and delivery nurses know about it (you should have already discussed it with your doctor or midwife).

During early labor, remind your partner to drink plenty of liquids. Pour her a glass of nonacidic juice such as apple juice or pineapple juice, honey and water, an herbal tea, or just plain water to ward off dehydration. Offer her a bagel, yogurt, or something bland — she might not get anything solid to eat at the hospital for many hours after the baby's birth. Finish packing.

When you head to the hospital, drive carefully. This isn't the time for taking unnecessary chances. When you get to the labor room, stick around to provide comfort and support. "The transition stage is not the time to head out for a long lunch," Costello advised. Feel free to bring fruit or other snacks along if it's in the middle of the night.

6. Be an advocate for your partner

The doctor or midwife and nurses are there to make sure your partner and baby do well during labor and birth. But you have a big role in helping your partner get comfortable and in communicating her wishes. You and she also have a big say in personalizing your room. When it's time to rest, soften the lighting. Freshen the smell by taking along aromatherapy balls, potpourri, or scented oils. Bring pictures and your own music. I found a portable CD player in the garage and packed some of my wife's favorite CDs.

7. Know how to play coach

Take your cues from your partner. Some women love having a massage or having their hair stroked during labor. Others don't. And it may be hard to predict ahead of time what your partner will prefer. In any case, try to reassure her that she's doing fine and be ready to help in any way she asks. See more tips on how to be a great labor coach.

8. Be prepared

We watched two videos of vaginal births and one of a c-section. All showed the messy, unglamorous side of labor. Don't be surprised if your baby's skin looks wrinkled or his head is molded into a cone shape, and, in truth, he doesn't even look like a baby.

9. Cut the cord if you want

Today, most dads choose to cut the baby's umbilical cord in the first minutes after birth. "It's your right, but sometimes they forget," Costello said, "so make sure you remind your doctor or midwife."

10. Read further

Costello recommended several books: The Birth Book (Little, Brown, 1994) by William and Martha Sears; Sheila Kitzinger's The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth (Knopf, 1985); Carl Jones's Mind Over Labor (Penguin, 1987); and Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: The Complete Guide (Meadowbrook Press, 1991) by Penny Simkin, Janet Whalley, and Ann Keppler. And there's no substitute for exchanging questions or swapping tales with other moms-to-be and expectant fathers. BabyCenter's bulletin boards bring together expectant mothers by due date and also provide a place for expectant dads to hang out.

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I don't really want to find out the gender, but I am pretty sure we'll be having another US in the next two weeks. My hubby is dying to know though. We have 3 boys, and he is soo sure this is a girl and he can't stand being wrong :P

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Marilyn, after a few months without posting and visiting the Off Topic section.... I have to say I'm very happy to read about your pregnancy.

I wish you the best!!!

Oh and all the other moms to be too, of course! :)

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---