Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

My DR's office called me this afternoon to tell me my blood sugar is 'elevated' from the glucose test and I need to go on Tuesday to take the 3 hour test at the hospital. DARN IT!!

Anyone else had this??

i had to take the 3 hr gtt... and 3 of the 4 were high :(

hopefully yours will turn out just fine :)

so were/are you officially diagnosed as diabetic? at least of the gestational variety?

i was diagnosed as gestational diabetic, yes... i was not diabetic prior to my pregnancy, nor am i now that my son has been born... but i am at a higher risk of having diabetes in 10 - 15 yrs from now as a result

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :thumbs::dance:

My daughter is expecting, my daughter is expecting :dance::dance::dance:

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Diaper-Free Babies

Mon Aug 27, 2:05 PM ET

Thirteen-month-old Dominic Klatt stopped banging the furniture in the verandah, looked at his mother and clasped his right hand around his left wrist to signal that he needed to go to the bathroom.

His mother took the diaper-less tot to a tree in the yard, held him in a squatting position and made a gentle hissing sound — prompting the infant to relieve himself on cue before he rushed back to play.

Dominic is a product of a growing "diaper-free" movement founded on the belief that babies are born with an instinctive ability to signal when they have to answer nature's call. Parents who practice the so-called "elimination communication" learn to read their children's body language to help them recognize the need, and they mimic the sounds that a child associates with the bathroom.

Erinn Klatt began toilet training her son at birth and said he has not wet his bed at night since he was six months old.

"The nice part is ... really getting the majority of poops in the toilet versus having to clean that," Klatt said. "I don't have to wake up at night and change diapers or have wet sheets anywhere. That's really nice.

"And being able to travel without a big, bloated diaper bag is terrific," she said.

Some parents and toilet training experts are skeptical.

"They teach them from birth? Oh, my God!" said 40-year-old Lisa Bolcato, as she held her 5-month-old daughter, Rose, at a park on Boston Common. "When you're getting two hours of sleeps between feedings, I don't think that you have the time to do it. You just make sure that your child's healthy and happy and well-fed."

Still, the practice is common in many parts of rural Africa and Asia where parents cannot afford diapers.

In the United States, many of the parents are stay-at-home-moms, but there are also working mothers. Some meet in online groups, at homes and in public parks to share experiences and cheer each others' efforts.

Experts at the Child Study Center at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center say children younger than 12 months have no control over bladder or bowel movements and little control for 6 months after that.

But some parents begin going diaper-free at birth, and the infants can initiate bowel movements on cue as young as 3 to 4 months, said Elizabeth Parise, spokeswoman of DiaperFreeBaby.org, a network of free support groups promoting the practice.

And unlike some methods of toilet training, there are no rewards or punishment associated with it.

Dr. Mark Wolraich, professor of pediatrics and director of the Child Study Center, said the practice essentially conditions young children to go to the bathroom at predictable times or show clear signs when they must go.

"To be truly toilet-trained, the child has to be able to have the sensation that they need to go, be able to interpret that sensation and be able to then tell the parent and take some action," said Wolraich, who is also editor of the American Academy of Pediatrics' book on toilet training.

"And that's different from reading the subtle signs that the child is making when they have to go to the bathroom."

Parents attempt the early training to forge closer ties with their infants, to reduce the environmental impact associated with diapers and to avoid skin irritation caused by a wet diaper, Parise said.

Others were inspired by observing the practice while traveling abroad.

The practice also enables parents to get insight into an infant's development since more accidents occur if a child falls sick or enters a new phase such as learning to crawl, walk or talk.

This is because an infant may be too distracted by illness or efforts to master a new skill to communicate the need to go to the bathroom, said Melinda Rothstein, an MIT business school graduate who co-founded DiaperFreeBaby.org.

She says finding a supportive daycare center is the biggest challenge for parents who choose not to use diapers. Other problems include finding tiny underwear for diaper-free infants.

Isis Arnesen, 33, of Boston, has a 14-week-old daughter, Lucia, who is diaper-free. She said it can be awkward to explain the process to people, such as when she helped Lucia relieve herself in a sink at a public restroom.

"Sometimes I don't know what's gonna happen and it doesn't work, and sometimes I feel a little embarrassed," Arnesen said. "It makes her happy though, right? She smiles, she's happy."

ok... now, let me repeat this part...

She said it can be awkward to explain the process to people, such as when she helped Lucia relieve herself in a sink at a public restroom.

?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i imagine it WOULD be awkward... ok, you dont want your kid to wear diapers... ok, fine... but in the SINK of a PUBLIC restroom????? why not the toilet? so shes an infant... but what is the cut off for when she can pee in the sink? how old before she uses the toilet?? do what you want at home, but in public???

i am all for supporting parenting choices, including breastfeeding in public, etc... but this is a bit over the top even for me!

!

so she is training her kid to take a leak whenever or wherever he or she feels like it?? :lol:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Well guys its one for the blue team, Its a boy! So excited and happy, talk soon!

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I had gestational diabetes and am now pre-diabetic.....never was before.

My last two fasting blood sugars have been 118 and 121....if it gets to 125 (twice) I wll have full blown type 2 diabetes :-(

Trying HARD to lose weight and get back in shape to head it off.

I had to do the 3 hour glucose with BOTH of my sons and both times it came out fine.

I probably got the gestational this time because of my age (was 39/40 while pregnant)

CONGRATS Grandpa Jasman and "team blue" Lizzzy. Boys are great!

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am loving ALL of the baby photos :yes: congrats AUKGirl, and hello EnglishSammy

The last few nights have been short of hell...he kicks so hard it hurts and playtime is when daddy comes home from work. My hubby works until about 11pm and he always wakes me up to let me know he's home. As soon as likkle junior hears daddy's voice it's *bam bam kick kick wave another kick* - serious assault on me. Hubby couldn't believe how hard this boy kicks! I have been in so much pain from that and my uterus growing it has been insane. Thankfully the countdown isn't too much longer!

I plan to breastfeed, baby wear, but no cosleeping - I need my own space and I've been called a wild sleeper. The crib will be right next to my side of the bed. I also want to try and make some of my own baby foods. Disposable diapers will be used (we've already started buying the different brands to see what works best).

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

Add me to the club. I am 19 weeks pregnant and it is a boy.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

HAPPY PREGGO TIME LYUBA.

@LIZZY...YEEEEEEEAH another boy. Congratulations. I bet you are overexcited...

@Jonesy: However the baby's wake/sleep cycle is now...it's gonna be the same as soon as it's born. Luckily they get the hang of that bright means awake and dark means sleep thing fairly fast (our's did). Good luck and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

Have you tried a diabetic diet? My risk has increased because I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease) and my DR told me to start eating the diabetic, low-carb way. I have some really good recipes! I am borderline diabetic - not sure exactly what that means but I do need to watch it. I think I will have gestational diabetes again this time. I had it with my first child but not my second.

I had gestational diabetes and am now pre-diabetic.....never was before.

My last two fasting blood sugars have been 118 and 121....if it gets to 125 (twice) I wll have full blown type 2 diabetes :-(

Trying HARD to lose weight and get back in shape to head it off.

I had to do the 3 hour glucose with BOTH of my sons and both times it came out fine.

I probably got the gestational this time because of my age (was 39/40 while pregnant)

CONGRATS Grandpa Jasman and "team blue" Lizzzy. Boys are great!

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Timeline

Oh man. My daughter had colic teh first few weeks and oh my god, every night at 1am she would start her screaming spell until 8am. It NEVER failed. I burned out my vacuum from having it on so much but it was the only thing that would make her fall asleep right away. I hope I do not have to deal with that again this time.

HAPPY PREGGO TIME LYUBA.

@LIZZY...YEEEEEEEAH another boy. Congratulations. I bet you are overexcited...

@Jonesy: However the baby's wake/sleep cycle is now...it's gonna be the same as soon as it's born. Luckily they get the hang of that bright means awake and dark means sleep thing fairly fast (our's did). Good luck and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Magnolia,

I am trying to lose weight period right now,

for some reason after the baby I gained ALOT really quickly.

During my pregnancy I actually lost weight by being on the strict diabetic diet, but it was SO hard, I missed milk and fruits etc.

I had my thyroid checked....normal damnit!

I am hoping if I just lose weight in general my blood sugars will come down.

I know that after having gestational though my odds are at 60% of getting type 2 and it seems I'm well on my way :(

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You can add me to the club :whistle: . Morning sickness is a killer. I love all the pictures on this site :) so lovely. Im off to rest feeling so tired. Congrats to everyone else and all the best. :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Congrats Belwin!!!

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png