Aymsgirl

Thursday!!

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning, good afternoon, or good evening MENA!

Happy Thursday......NOT! I will be at work for 13 hours today! At least I only have to work a few hours tomorrow.

Anyhow, have a good and safe day everyone!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yo MENA Peeps! I send you lots of love.

Jax - Honey, feel better soon. I always say that you just need a good flu to take off a few pounds to get you back on track. :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good morning everyone! I can barely sleep these days...I am so excited to see my husband in just 2 days after waiting 8 months!!! :dance: I can hardly focus on work!!!

When my husband came I hadn't slept for 4 days straight I was so excited. When he got here that night he said I snored so loudly he had to sleep with his head under the pillow. I guess I was just finally able to relax. I'm excited for you Amanda!

Good morning :)

At work early so that I can leave early :P

This is my motto....the earlier in the earlier out! Enjoy your day!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning!

Another hot and humid day.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Morning

Jackie, still the flu, my goodness, take care. At least you got a jump start on the 7lbs. :blush:

HLM, I finally found out what day I can start moving....this Saturday. I am so glad too because I didn't want to have to do it next weekend, 4th of July. I had planned a day trip to the shore for us on Fri, July 3rd. So now the move is on schedule and I will be busy busy busy. Not looking forward to it all, even though we have a tiny place (moving to only a slightly bigger, different layout, on the same floor, same complex) it is still a hassle and I haven't done a thing.

Now, I need boxes! Not easy for you dear being pregnant. Take it easy OK.

Tasha....my hubby too. Comes in late from work and then I have to wake up from my sleep and talk and serve him for an extra 2 hours. He is getting better with understanding that the amount of time I need to sleep and the importance of me sleeping uninterruptedly because of work is different than his requirements. He is an insomniac to begin with so he has always stayed up alllllllllll night. There is usually 1 night a month where I see him completely burned out and tired and he will actually go to bed with me.

It is hard because I know he is dying to see me and talk to me all day, me too but during the week I have to keep a regular schedule.

Amanda....I know you are ready to burst! You will have so much to catch up on with him and I imagine you have some introductions to make as well. :D

I wish I had a more flexible work schedule so I could make my schedule around my needs. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Everyone. Boiling hot here in DC today. Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to New York with my husband for the weekend. I'm trying to plan stuff for us to do for the 2 days we'll be there. His Brother and sister in law live there but will be working all weekend and I don't plan to sit in the apartment all weekend long. We're thinking about going to Coney Island but I have a feeling it will be loaded wiht people. We've seen some stuff (quite a bit actually) but I was thinking of taking him to Ellis Island. I think it would be interesting for him to see how my family came here and the difference between his immigrant situation and those of the past. Other suggestions welcome :)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Hi Everyone. Boiling hot here in DC today. Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to New York with my husband for the weekend. I'm trying to plan stuff for us to do for the 2 days we'll be there. His Brother and sister in law live there but will be working all weekend and I don't plan to sit in the apartment all weekend long. We're thinking about going to Coney Island but I have a feeling it will be loaded wiht people. We've seen some stuff (quite a bit actually) but I was thinking of taking him to Ellis Island. I think it would be interesting for him to see how my family came here and the difference between his immigrant situation and those of the past. Other suggestions welcome :)

I love Ellis Island. Have you taken him to see the Statue of Liberty? Nothing like seeing, "Give us your tired, your poor. Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free." :star:

Good Morning All~~

I hope everyone has a good and safe day...not to mention that it passes quickly for you if for those of u at work and you Amanda...I'm sure ur looking at the clock over and over again just praying for the minutes to melt away in the blink of an eye.

I'm off with the boys until I leave for Morocco...only 12 more days!!! I started packing all the gifts into my suitcase last night. I'm sooo excited my stomach is doing flip flops non-stop now!

Going over to Maggie's for fish tacos tonight. We always have a good time. Love living 15 minutes away from a MENA sister!

Take Care,

God Bless,

Melynda

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I hope you get well soon JJ :(

Sandrilla- I know what you mean!! I keep looking around the apt. thinking where do I start?? :blink: even tho I'm not allowed to do much becoz of the prenancy I have to help hubby as much as I can...I can't imagine him doing it all by himself poor thing is going to be carrying the furniture two stories by himself :wacko:

lyrics.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Defintely go to the Lower East Side Tenement Museum - http://www.tenement.org/index.php. It's an apartment building that housed over 7000 immigrants in only a few decades. The building got closed up with much of the furniture and interior intact, basically became a time capsule and is an amazing look at how immigrants lived during the late 1800's and early 1900's.

Ashamed to admit as a native New Yorker that I have never been to Coney Island or Ellis Island. :blush:

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Timeline

Happy Thursday MENA peeps :star:

I hope that you're all doing well!

Jackie I'm so sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well. I told you to stay in bed and rest and I don't think you are following my advice. Get to bed before I come get you :P

Congrats Amanda I'm sure it's going to be such a sweet and wonderful day for you (F)

Annie where are you??? I think everyone is moving - Annie, Lisa, HLM - I wish you all quick and painless moves.

Staashi :luv:

Everyone else take care and be safe

I would say definitely Ellis Island, I haven't been there myself other than a ferry boat ride around it in the 8th grade.

We had planned to go there last month and it didn't pan out but I hope we can soon. I don't feel it is a "cheap" day trip.

If I go I want to see all I can.

They have reopened the Statue too since 9/11.

I guess if you have a place to stay that helps and you can accomplish more without spending as much.

Have a great time!!

Ash, I had a February baby boy.

Born 16 years ago on Feb 10th, right on the due date.

The good thing about that due date is you don't have to be so uncomfortable in the summer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.