trdc3lica

B1 rejected because of K1

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So, we had applied for my fiancee's K1 visa and received NOA1 on the 25th of may. My fiancee is a dentist in her home country

and in order to practice dentistry here she needs to take her Dental Board Exams. International graduate dentists are

required to go to dental school in America for 2 years before they are able to practice here.

Anyways, I am a medical doctor hoping to start residency next July. Since there are very few dental schools, this limits

the choice of cities. And, a lot of the dental schools here in California have deadlines for applications coming up soon.

I will apply for residencies in August, have interviews in december, and will be matched to a residency program in March (based

on my rank list). Once you match, you're bound to that residency program.

So we were hoping she'd be able to take her board exams, and apply for dental school. That way we'd know before I submitted

my rank list where she had received admission, so I could rank programs accordingly. Otherwise I could match in like LA and she

might only get admission to a school in SF. And that wouldn't work too well.

So she applied for a B1 visa to take her exams. Had her interview a few hours ago, and was flat out rejected. The woman at the embassy

says that she has no case/business applying for a B1 visa, since she's already applied for a K1. So is this a valid reason for rejection?

I mean if we had lied, and not mentioned the pending K1 she probably would have received the B1.

Now my whole future and her future is in jeopardy. So my question is, can we do anything else? Is there any other way (not illegal :no: )

for her to come here to take these exams???

Thanks in advance for reading such a long post, and thanks for any replies.

05/15/09 - Sent in I-129F

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
So, we had applied for my fiancee's K1 visa and received NOA1 on the 25th of may. My fiancee is a dentist in her home country

and in order to practice dentistry here she needs to take her Dental Board Exams. International graduate dentists are

required to go to dental school in America for 2 years before they are able to practice here.

Anyways, I am a medical doctor hoping to start residency next July. Since there are very few dental schools, this limits

the choice of cities. And, a lot of the dental schools here in California have deadlines for applications coming up soon.

I will apply for residencies in August, have interviews in december, and will be matched to a residency program in March (based

So we were hoping she'd be able to take her board exams, and apply for dental school. That way we'd know before I submitted

my rank list where she had received admission, so I could rank programs accordingly. Otherwise I could match in like LA and she

So she applied for a B1 visa to take her exams. Had her interview a few hours ago, and was flat out rejected. The woman at the embassy

says that she has no case/business applying for a B1 visa, since she's already applied for a K1. So is this a valid reason for rejection?

I mean if we had lied, and not mentioned the pending K1 she probably would have received the B1.

Now my whole future and her future is in jeopardy. So my question is, can we do anything else? Is there any other way (not illegal :no: )

Anything can be a valid reason if it is not "discrimanatory" Most likely they fear she will illegally immigrate. It is not uncommon for these visas to be denied due to the filing of an I-129f. It is particularly difficult from certain countries, Pakistan is one of them.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Definately is is a very common reason for rejection because this shows that the primary reason COULD be to go live the fiance illegally. Thus, its well known that once you have filed for any of these visas, you will not be issued another visa of any sort.

Best thing would be for her to wait out while her fiance visa is processed and then come there and carry out other obligations/priorities.

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You think that was a long post? You should see me when I get on a roll! I can type faster than I can think! :P

I don't think there's much of anything you can do, but I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that your futures are jeopardy. In the worst case, one of you might might have to put your professional plans on hold while the other finishes their professional requirements. Eventually, you'll finish your residency and she'll finish her exams and school, and you'll both settle into your lives and professional careers together. One of the sad lessons you'll get from spending any time on this site is that the US government doesn't really care how this process affects your personal plans. In their myopic view, the visa application is the only thing going on in your life right now. Also, one of the bits of advice you'll see often quoted here is not to make any concrete plans until you have the visa in hand.

In this regard, the US government isn't much different from doctors who have no problem leaving patients waiting for hours because they can't comprehend how the patients time could be any more valuable than their own. :whistle:

Sorry, I couldn't resist... :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

You think that was a long post? You should see me when I get on a roll! I can type faster than I can think! :P

I don't think there's much of anything you can do, but I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that your futures are jeopardy. In the worst case, one of you might might have to put your professional plans on hold while the other finishes their professional requirements. Eventually, you'll finish your residency and she'll finish her exams and school, and you'll both settle into your lives and professional careers together. One of the sad lessons you'll get from spending any time on this site is that the US government doesn't really care how this process affects your personal plans. In their myopic view, the visa application is the only thing going on in your life right now. Also, one of the bits of advice you'll see often quoted here is not to make any concrete plans until you have the visa in hand.

In this regard, the US government isn't much different from doctors who have no problem leaving patients waiting for hours because they can't comprehend how the patients time could be any more valuable than their own. :whistle:

it appears that brother Jim has spent time in a waiting room :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hehehe.... on behalf of all doctors I apologize for keeping you waiting in the waiting room. But usually, the reason for keeping you

waiting so long is that we're in there counting our money. :P Can you suggest a better time for us to count our money? You

couldn't possibly be suggesting we do it at home on OUR OWN time??? I mean our personal time is used for bathing in diamonds...

you don't actually expect us to put that on hold, do you ???? heheheh.....

Anyways thanks for all the replies. I guess we'll just wait till our K1 comes through, and just hope she gets into dental school in the same

city as my residency.

05/15/09 - Sent in I-129F

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You couldn't possibly be suggesting we do it at home on OUR OWN time??? I mean our personal time is used for bathing in diamonds...

you don't actually expect us to put that on hold, do you ???? heheheh....

I knew it!

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Timeline

Hehehe.... on behalf of all doctors I apologize for keeping you waiting in the waiting room. But usually, the reason for keeping you

waiting so long is that we're in there counting our money. :P Can you suggest a better time for us to count our money? You

couldn't possibly be suggesting we do it at home on OUR OWN time??? I mean our personal time is used for bathing in diamonds...

Anyways thanks for all the replies. I guess we'll just wait till our K1 comes through, and just hope she gets into dental school in the same

city as my residency.

Nah, I think the doctors are just jealous because I make more money than they do! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

city as my residency.

Nah, I think the doctors are just jealous because I make more money than they do! :D

Could be. 3 of my four brothers are doctors and I have two of them beat. Hehehhe, however, the other one beats me and all the others by a long shot and if I say otherwise will fly his private plane here, land it on the lake and come and kick my @ss! I suspect he bathes in diamonds.

No worries, Lord Obama will fix health care soon, turn it over to the USCIS and we will all be happy.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

city as my residency.

Could be. 3 of my four brothers are doctors and I have two of them beat. Hehehhe, however, the other one beats me and all the others by a long shot and if I say otherwise will fly his private plane here, land it on the lake and come and kick my @ss! I suspect he bathes in diamonds.

No worries, Lord Obama will fix health care soon, turn it over to the USCIS and we will all be happy.

Great. Then we'll all have equally crappy health coverage. Gotta love socialism... :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.