10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My husband and I are working on the AOS documents. His I-94 will expire on June 19th...

The doctor that did his medical exam in Brazil never gave hime a copy of document DS-3025 and he has no proof of any vaccinations. We really do not know what to do. Any suggestions???

Also...where do you find the A#???

And on the AP form....do you have to put a date of travel? what if it is unplanned right now?

Thanks!!!

OUR JOURNEY

MAY 30,2008-SENT I-129F TO VERMONT

JUNE 3, 2008-VSC RECEIVED PACKET

JUNE 5, 2008-NOA1

DEC 31-NOA2 RECEIVED VIA EMAIL

MARCH 10,2009-INTERVIEW....VISA APPROVED!!!

MARCH 21, 2009-FINALLY TOGETHER!!!

MAY 9, 2009-MR. & MRS.

JULY 2, 2009-AOS MAILED

JULY 9,2009-NOA (AOS,EAD,AP)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My husband and I are working on the AOS documents. His I-94 will expire on June 19th...

The doctor that did his medical exam in Brazil never gave hime a copy of document DS-3025 and he has no proof of any vaccinations. We really do not know what to do. Any suggestions???

Also...where do you find the A#???

And on the AP form....do you have to put a date of travel? what if it is unplanned right now?

Thanks!!!

"A" number is on the NOA2 and is also on the visa

He has no proof of vaccinations? Does he have a record from when he was a child? If he has no proof of vaccinations then a visit to a Civil Surgeon will be needed

AP dates can be TBD

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

From reading some of the other threads it seems logical that USCIS should already have your full medical and vacination report that you did prior to your I-129F interview. I would call the USCIS and try to find out if they have it on file, and if it is necessary to send it out at all.

Timeline

Thanks for your quick response. He has no childhood records. We have contacted the local health department that can do MMR, Varicella, and tetanus titers. Does anyone know if they can fill out the vaccination supplement part since they are ran by the government?

We were also looking for other suggestions that may save us money...

From reading some of the other threads it seems logical that USCIS should already have your full medical and vacination report that you did prior to your I-129F interview. I would call the USCIS and try to find out if they have it on file, and if it is necessary to send it out at all.

I called USCIS and they said that we would have to schedule an infopass with our local field office. However, that is like an 6 hour drive away...

OUR JOURNEY

JUNE 5, 2008-NOA1

MAY 9, 2009-MR. & MRS.

JULY 2, 2009-AOS MAILED

Timeline
Thanks for your quick response. He has no childhood records. We have contacted the local health department that can do MMR, Varicella, and tetanus titers. Does anyone know if they can fill out the vaccination supplement part since they are ran by the government?

We were also looking for other suggestions that may save us money...

I called USCIS and they said that we would have to schedule an infopass with our local field office. However, that is like an 6 hour drive away...

local health department can administer but are not authorized to prepare the form. Local health department is county or state run is not a federal agency.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

since the OP's fiance(e) provided no proof of vaccinations at the time of visa medical, then no DS-3025 could have been prepared at that time. No DS-3025 is in the "A" file with the USCIS... A trip to the USCIS for infopass would be a waste of time and energy.

YMMV

Krystle-- Did you husband have immunizations or provide any records for the panel physician in Brazil? It was assumed he didn't by a previous poster, but you didn't specifically say. I was just wondering because your comment about the titre test kind of indicates he's already been immunized. If he was, and you think it was recorded on a DS3025 (especially if you think all shots were complete) then I would skip the I-693 for now and hope they find his medical and immunization record complete in his files. Many men only need MMR and Td or Tdap, so if he got those prior to the medical in Brazil, it could all go through without further effort on your part. It's also possible your AP and EAD could be approved before anybody asked for further medical info for the AOS. Just another suggestion to add to the mix with a lot of "ifs" thrown in. :)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline
Krystle-- Did you husband have immunizations or provide any records for the panel physician in Brazil? It was assumed he didn't by a previous poster, but you didn't specifically say. I was just wondering because your comment about the titre test kind of indicates he's already been immunized. If he was, and you think it was recorded on a DS3025 (especially if you think all shots were complete) then I would skip the I-693 for now and hope they find his medical and immunization record complete in his files. Many men only need MMR and Td or Tdap, so if he got those prior to the medical in Brazil, it could all go through without further effort on your part. It's also possible your AP and EAD could be approved before anybody asked for further medical info for the AOS. Just another suggestion to add to the mix with a lot of "ifs" thrown in. :)

it was not assumed... see second sentence in post #4

YMMV

Timeline

He had all his "childhood" immunizations. However, we have no proof of what he has and has not had. We have documentation of measles and rubella...but they do not vaccinate adults for mumps in Brazil. He also had one dose of tetanus with his medical exam...I believe the panel physician had to "assume" he had not had any vaccines since he did not take any records to the exam there.

I'm sure he will need a vaccination record at some other point of his life...so I think we will probably go to the health department to do the titers so that they can make him up a immunization record. Does anyone know if Dr. Arnold can use that to do the vaccination supplement form? Just trying to go the cheaper route...

Thanks for all the responses!!!

OUR JOURNEY

JUNE 5, 2008-NOA1

MAY 9, 2009-MR. & MRS.

JULY 2, 2009-AOS MAILED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.