ellmvl

Worried!!!

13 posts in this topic

My husband mailed me all the copies of documents he submitted to USCIS and NVC to be brought for my upcoming interview including the form I-864 and tax transcripts but unfortunately it's still hasn't arrived here. I am leaving to Manila on tuesday and i am afraid i will never get those documents on time. Although we have already submitted to the NVC our form I-864 together with tax transcripts they will still require those during my interview, right? My question is...since my interview will be on the 18th but i am leaving on the 9th for my medical...can we still request for a copy of his tax transcript? Is it possible for the IRS to fax me the copy of my husband's 2008 tax transcript so i can get it faster than have it send through mail? or have it fax to my husband and husband scan and email it to me? Is it acceptable to bring scanned form I-864 during my interview? or does it need to be an original copy? This is the only way i can think of getting those requirements faster. Pls if you have any idea you can share with me...i appreciate it. Thanks!

ZlYHm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They probably will already have the documents, but even hubby and I brought the extras to the interview. We made two copies of everything we sent, so you can have your husband scan them and email to you. Or if you can't get the actual transcripts in time (assuming he doesn't have an extra copy), have him email you his 1040 and W-2's. The odds of you needed this are slim, but always nice to have.

Edited by wowswift

Why don't your husband scan all of the documents and sent them to you via-email.

He mailed me the copy of his affidavit of support packet that he submitted to the NVC...including the tax transcripts, paystubs, all my personal letters to him and the rest of the documents we might need for the interview. So a scanned form I-864 and tax transcripts is fine? The embassy wont be looking for the original documents?

ZlYHm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Why don't your husband scan all of the documents and sent them to you via-email.

He mailed me the copy of his affidavit of support packet that he submitted to the NVC...including the tax transcripts, paystubs, all my personal letters to him and the rest of the documents we might need for the interview. So a scanned form I-864 and tax transcripts is fine? The embassy wont be looking for the original documents?

copies are fine because the originals were sent to NVC.

They probably will already have the documents, but even hubby and I brought the extras to the interview. We made two copies of everything we sent, so you can have your husband scan them and email to you. Or if you can't get the actual transcripts in time (assuming he doesn't have an extra copy), have him email you his 1040 and W-2's. The odds of you needed this are slim, but always nice to have.

Ok thanks, i will ask him tomorrow if he got his original 1040 and w-2's. I hope he didn't include it in his package.

ZlYHm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok thanks, i will ask him tomorrow if he got his original 1040 and w-2's. I hope he didn't include it in his package.

There's no way he would have the original 1040 because it was sent to the IRS when he filed his tax return. If anything, he would only have a copy. If he filed electronically (many people do now) then any 1040 he had would only be a copy that he printed from the data that was sent electronically.

He may have an original of the W2's. Most employers send 4 copies; one for the federal tax return, one for the state, one for local or municipal taxes, and one for the employee's records.

Tax transcripts are usually better because they show the information the IRS received. They're not certified documents, so copies of them are usually fine. The IRS will fax them, if requested, to the taxpayer (your fiance).

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You should have your interview letter now from the NVC, right? Check their document list. It will indicate if they wawnt anything else from you. You'll see all the docs you sent to NVC with initials like "O" for original, "Y" for Yes, etc. That's how you tell what else is needed. Otherwise, you can ask for a re-schedule if you feel you need more time to get the docs.

--------------

You should have your interview letter now from the NVC, right? Check their document list. It will indicate if they wawnt anything else from you. You'll see all the docs you sent to NVC with initials like "O" for original, "Y" for Yes, etc. That's how you tell what else is needed. Otherwise, you can ask for a re-schedule if you feel you need more time to get the docs.

According to my NVC appointment letter the Financial Evidence is marked as Y stands: The require document has been received and accepted. Is this means its not necessary to bring a copy anymore?

ZlYHm6.png

Gosh finally my husband's documents got here yesterday...and in 3 hours ill be flying to Manila for my medical tomorrow and interview in a week. I am nervous...but i know God is with me. Thanks for all the info guys. God bless you all!

ZlYHm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
My husband mailed me all the copies of documents he submitted to USCIS and NVC to be brought for my upcoming interview including the form I-864 and tax transcripts but unfortunately it's still hasn't arrived here. I am leaving to Manila on tuesday and i am afraid i will never get those documents on time. Although we have already submitted to the NVC our form I-864 together with tax transcripts they will still require those during my interview, right? My question is...since my interview will be on the 18th but i am leaving on the 9th for my medical...can we still request for a copy of his tax transcript? Is it possible for the IRS to fax me the copy of my husband's 2008 tax transcript so i can get it faster than have it send through mail? or have it fax to my husband and husband scan and email it to me? Is it acceptable to bring scanned form I-864 during my interview? or does it need to be an original copy? This is the only way i can think of getting those requirements faster. Pls if you have any idea you can share with me...i appreciate it. Thanks!

whoa....i never made copies of my docs...and neither has my husband. we sent originals to NVC and i thought the only thing im supposed to bring with me at the interview is the medical report, passport photos, and proof of a bonafide marriage. am i screwed for not having made copies of the docs???

05-08-2009 Mailed DS-230

05-13-2009 NVC website sign on failed

05-14-2009 NVC Case Complete

xx-xx-2009 Case left NVC

06-02-2009 interview date Assigned

07-08-2009 Interview

xx-xx-2009 Visa in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

whoa....i never made copies of my docs...and neither has my husband. we sent originals to NVC and i thought the only thing im supposed to bring with me at the interview is the medical report, passport photos, and proof of a bonafide marriage. am i screwed for not having made copies of the docs???

I actually sent extra copies to NVC just for an example like this. I will make extra ones anyway I have the copies made already!

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.