1,653 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
my interview is set on Thursday, Aug 20, 2009. Wish me luck. I've gathered all the necessary things my husband and I would need. I'm even considering taking the wedding album even though it is quite heavy. My 11 mos old son will be with us on the day of the interview. I hope it will go smoothly. I know God is great. :)

Good luck to everybody else!!

Will definitely update you guys after the interview

I'd bring a few great family photos from the album. With a 11-month old I'm sure you got plenty to carry around.

Tell me... do you or your husband wear your wedding band? Will you plan on wearing it for the interview?

Neither my wife or I wear it and I'm a little scared of not wearing the day of the interview, but at the same time my finger doesn't show the ring mark so anybody can tell.

Jumping in here :) Our AOS interview is on 9/2 and we'll be wearing our wedding rings. I wouldn't want to give USCIS anything to look at. Seems like something they'd notice.

I never wear my wedding ring (or any ring for that matter) b/c I don't like to have anything around my fingers. But I will wear it for the interview. I don't think they'd go as far as examinining my finger to see any ring marks though.

The interview is 5 days away - I'm starting to get in a nervous frenzy. I know we have nothing to be worried about, yet it's still not exactly a walk in the park. I keep worrying that we're forgetting to prepare something or bring along an document they would want to see. I had a nightmare the other night that we were late and missed the interview!! :o

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I def WILL be wearing my ring ( I always do my husband's job doesn't allow him too)! The lawyer we spoke to said that's something they def look for!

I'd rather wear it for an hour if that, then have them ask me why we don't have them on!

Hope everyone is well! B)

Our Timeline

04/06/09 - Got Married

06/16/09 - Mailed Forms To Chicago lockbox - I-485,I-130,I-765

06/23/09 - NOA Issued for I-485, I-130 & I-765

06/24/09 - Checks Cashed!!

06/24/09 - NOA Arrived for I-485, I-130 & I-765

07/07/09 - Cases added online

07/07/09 - I-130 touched

07/10/09 - Recieved Bio Appointment Letter (dated 7/7/09)

07/13/09 - Did My Biometrics @ 1pm

07/14/09 - I-765, I-130 Touched! (come onnnn EAD!)

07/20/09 - I-765, I-485 Touched!

07/21/09 - I-765, I-485 Touched!

07/23/09 - Original Bio Appointment!!

08/13/09 - EAD & AP Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (card ordered!)

08/17/09 - EAD & AP Arrived!

08/17/09 - Interview Letter arrived - [dated 08/14/09]

09/21/09 - Interview!

09/21/09 - Approved for 2 year card!!!!!!!!!

2011 - Lifting Conditions

June 2009 Filers!!!

.pngs-savings.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
my interview is set on Thursday, Aug 20, 2009. Wish me luck. I've gathered all the necessary things my husband and I would need. I'm even considering taking the wedding album even though it is quite heavy. My 11 mos old son will be with us on the day of the interview. I hope it will go smoothly. I know God is great. :)

I'd bring a few great family photos from the album. With a 11-month old I'm sure you got plenty to carry around.

Tell me... do you or your husband wear your wedding band? Will you plan on wearing it for the interview?

Neither my wife or I wear it and I'm a little scared of not wearing the day of the interview, but at the same time my finger doesn't show the ring mark so anybody can tell.

Jumping in here :) Our AOS interview is on 9/2 and we'll be wearing our wedding rings. I wouldn't want to give USCIS anything to look at. Seems like something they'd notice.

I never wear my wedding ring (or any ring for that matter) b/c I don't like to have anything around my fingers. But I will wear it for the interview. I don't think they'd go as far as examinining my finger to see any ring marks though.

The interview is 5 days away - I'm starting to get in a nervous frenzy. I know we have nothing to be worried about, yet it's still not exactly a walk in the park. I keep worrying that we're forgetting to prepare something or bring along an document they would want to see. I had a nightmare the other night that we were late and missed the interview!! :o

Its going tobe a peice of cake and being nervous is just okay.I know a few couple who dont wear their wedding bands,its weird to me because io started wearing my engagment ring since June 2008 and wear my wedding ring always.

Just wear it for the interview,its the least you can do and am sure they will have other things to do than checking your ring finger.

You are the first to have your interview and i wish you best of luck.

My interview is on the 28 and am like whatever.

Goodluck,you will do just fine

01/28/2009==K1 interview/approved

01/30/2009==entered USA

04/24/2009==Grand Canyon wedding

Late May==AOS package sent

08/28/2009==interview/approved

09/02/2009==Card production ordered

09/08/2009==Greencard received

Removal Of Conditions

Sent package 6/16/2011

NOA 6/24/2011

Bio appointment 7/13/2011 SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR FOR CITIZENSHIP

Approval date 9/13/2011

Card received 9/18/2011

Mezoh/Randy

I am not sure if it would give them any negative thoughts, but you are this close to finishing this thing. Why give them any reason to think anything other than legitimate marriage. I would for sure wear my wedding ring if I had one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Its going tobe a peice of cake and being nervous is just okay.I know a few couple who dont wear their wedding bands,its weird to me because io started wearing my engagment ring since June 2008 and wear my wedding ring always.

Just wear it for the interview,its the least you can do and am sure they will have other things to do than checking your ring finger.

You are the first to have your interview and i wish you best of luck.

My interview is on the 28 and am like whatever.

Goodluck,you will do just fine

Thanks, Shashar!! Good luck to you too!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

our interview are on the same day, good luck!! we don't wear our rings either...no biggie

Troy & Anita

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello everyone. Just an update. Got the GC in the mail today. YAY :dance::dance::dance:

Good luck with the interviews. Don't worry about it. Just be natural. No matter if you wear your wedding band or not. If they ask just tell them your reasons.

Wish to everyone speedy journeys.

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

6/24/09 NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/06/09 EAD and AP approved

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/11/09 GC card production ordered e-mail at 6.15am on 8/12 (go figure)

8/11/09 Touch on EAD card production ordered again

8/12/09 EAD approval notice sent

8/14/09 EAD and AP received in the mail

8/14/09 GC approval notice sent

8/18/09 Welcome notice

8/20/09 GC in the mail Yay. DONE WITH USCIS TILL 2011

Hello everyone. Just an update. Got the GC in the mail today. YAY :dance::dance::dance:

Good luck with the interviews. Don't worry about it. Just be natural. No matter if you wear your wedding band or not. If they ask just tell them your reasons.

Congratulations! :dance:

We had the AP come in the post today. Another CRIS email on the EAD to say "Approval notice sent." Not quite word for word as the first one on the EAD that says card production ordered.

Nadda on the AOS application.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I received my AP in the mail today.

I also got an email saying that they mailed me an approval notice for my EAD.

I really really really wanted to get my EAD in the mail today. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or Saturday (thank goodness for mail on Saturday).

I am *this* close to getting a job, but I can tell they are a bit hesitant to offer me anything until I can show them the EAD, which is fair enough... I just hope a couple of days won't make or break things for me!!!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Another CRIS email on the EAD to say "Approval notice sent." Not quite word for word as the first one on the EAD that says card production ordered.

I got the same e-mail. I hope this means they've sent the actual EAD card.

Congrats for the AP...nothing in my mail today :unsure:

Just friend congrats!

Got married 06/13

06/24 package sent ( I130, I485, AP, EAD ) - delivered on 06/26

07/02 checks cashed

NOAs 07/01- received 07/06

Biometrics letter-dated 07/07, received 07/10

07/14 Touch on I130, I131, I765

Biometrics appointment 08/01

08/03 Touch on I765 & I485

08/13 EAD & AP approved

8/14 AP touched

8/17 Received Interview Appointment letter

8/21EAD & AP in the mail

9/22 Interview APPROVED!!!

9/24 Card production ordered e-mail

10/03 GC received !!!

I really really really wanted to get my EAD in the mail today. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or Saturday (thank goodness for mail on Saturday).

I am *this* close to getting a job, but I can tell they are a bit hesitant to offer me anything until I can show them the EAD, which is fair enough... I just hope a couple of days won't make or break things for me!!!!

You got the same thing I did. We must have the same case worker. I like to think of her as Myrtle. :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thank you :)

Congratulations for the good news. Both my AP and EAD had a mailing date the same date as the e-mail saying Approval notice sent. :) They are on they way to you. For some reason it took longer for the AP to get in the mail than the EAD. I got them in the same day even though the AP was sent sooner.

I have and issue that you guys can hopefully solve. What happens with the EAD after you have the GC. I mean with the actual card. I know its obsolete but do you have to return it or destroy it? After all its a document and I am not sure what to do.

Thank you

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

6/24/09 NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/06/09 EAD and AP approved

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/11/09 GC card production ordered e-mail at 6.15am on 8/12 (go figure)

8/11/09 Touch on EAD card production ordered again

8/12/09 EAD approval notice sent

8/14/09 EAD and AP received in the mail

8/14/09 GC approval notice sent

8/18/09 Welcome notice

8/20/09 GC in the mail Yay. DONE WITH USCIS TILL 2011

Congrats! Great news

We received the Card Production ordered email for the GC today!!

You got the same thing I did. We must have the same case worker. I like to think of her as Myrtle. :star:

On a first name basis with your imaginary friend?

On a first name basis with your imaginary friend?

I am :rofl:

Congrats! Great news

We received the Card Production ordered email for the GC today!!

Congratulations! That is great! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.