godsavethequeen

Flag waving

244 posts in this topic

Is it really woth it to carry on trying to make him understand that he has offended many people by the way he referred to America and its citizens?

I think not.... He's not going to admit that his way of referring to anything and everything is insulting... So shall we just leave it like that?

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Death threat ....see what I mean!! OK the guys not serious I hope!! but that does not help the stereotype go away, hey?? ... these broad generalisations (which are ironic) have been honed from comments from some VJers. I have visited the US on 3 occassions and loved it. I had no problems, a few strange anomalies though!!

and all I have been trying to say is;

why can't someone express an opinion here on VJ without being told not to come to the US because they hate the country. I have never said once I hate it. Not once.

...and by Teletubbies do you mean the Kids (eh oh) TV show or the couch potatoes? :blink:

um, the person that said that is in the uk, and we know that guns are not allowed in the uk. ergo, that was sarcasm........

No he's the American half, of jay & len :yes: ........not that it matters, as this thread is nuts :thumbs:

oh yeah, i got the names confused. now gimme my "duh" award for the day. :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Sarcasm maybe but there profile says Charlotte N Carolina. the US I believe?

Give it up, will ya? No one is going to kill you! Don't think Jay or Len (sorry not sure which) would want to go to jail for such a petty little argument....

Just give it up NOW!

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sarcasm maybe but there profile says Charlotte N Carolina. the US I believe?

no! it's in canada!

:whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Is it really woth it to carry on trying to make him understand that he has offended many people by the way he referred to America and its citizens?

I think not.... He's not going to admit that his way of referring to anything and everything is insulting... So shall we just leave it like that?

I think you have a good idea here, and everyone should leave him to it in his perfect little world.

B

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Death threat ....see what I mean!! OK the guys not serious I hope!! but that does not help the stereotype go away, hey?? ... these broad generalisations (which are ironic) have been honed from comments from some VJers. I have visited the US on 3 occassions and loved it. I had no problems, a few strange anomalies though!!

why can't someone express an opinion here on VJ without being told not to come to the US because they hate the country. I have never said once I hate it. Not once.

...and by Teletubbies do you mean the Kids (eh oh) TV show or the couch potatoes? :blink:

um, the person that said that is in the uk, and we know that guns are not allowed in the uk. ergo, that was sarcasm........

Actually, I believe Len is the American one, Jay's from the UK.

And that's all for me in this thread. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

OK, can you read?????????????????? Where is the death threat? Don't joke about that, the words that I used actually were quoted from your own post which is below along with my original response. Also, my post was actually quite considerate in response to all of the aggressive posts you have written, hey it's not my fault you are mad at everyone. So much for trying to be logical with a fanatical attention grabber. Stereotypes? You are doing major damage right now to the wonderful British people by acting very immature. You are worse than those IMBRA activists! You have a major problem with communicating in a clear manner. Stop spreading misinformation and twisiting my words. Good luck on your journey.

YOUR POST:

...and I like America, it is just certain American attitudes I have a problem with.

I know Britian is not perfect, I never pretended it was. there is a list somewhere in here I started; things I don't like about the UK. but at least I can say that without being threatened with death or a gagging order by the conservative right. Why are you so paranoid?

.........and my wife has been here in the UK with me for over a year. Now it is my turn to live in her country and I was really looking forward to it but the opinions, attitudes and defensiveness from members here have made me cautious and afraid that I will come to harm for being how I am everyday.

I work in a poncy art gallery for christ sake I'm artsy and creative-minded. I walk a different path sometimes. I'm not off the rails just a bit off target sometimes but you can't accept that people are different and love the differences.

At this moment my Asian neighbours are playing Bhangra music, whilst the Portugese up the road celibrate their world cup win over England. I ain't telling them to become British in mind, attitude and hearts. they are who they are and I love them for it. ....and they do have a sense of humour.

Love to all my VJ friends.

MY POST:

You have to understand that you offended some people here with your generalizations of American culture and you continue to do so even in this post. Generalizations are not the tool to use when trying to describe people on a personal level in any community. As for being paranoid, why do you think you "will come to harm for being how I am everyday". Why? Are you that special that everyone cares so deeply? Trust me, when you come to the US you will treated like everyone else, most Americans will accept you how you are and probably ignore you. They will also understand your differences and you will not be "threatened with death or a gagging order by the conservative right" for expressing yourself. Can you tell me someone who is? Some might even become your friends and identify with your ideas. I have no understanding where these ideas about American culture come from but maybe you should experience it first hand for a period of time before you start making broad generalizations about American culture and our political system.

I live on the East coast near DC, the mix of cultures in my area is astounding. Many of my friends are musicians and work in the arts also. But that does not identify me as a person. To get where we are today took many struggles between ourselves and other nations one of which includes yours. The fact is, our nations are more similar than different, maybe you can consider that. And we are allies, whether or not you wish to accept that.

Thanks for explaining better, and oh yeah, what's up with the teletubbies?

--------------------

02/23/06- I-129F put into U.S. mail

03/22/06- NOA1

04/06/06- NOA2

05/31/06- Consulate calls fiancee to inform us petition has gone back to USCIS

06/30/06- "USCIS received case back from the Department of State for further review".

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
:help: One more time,

where & how have I insulted Americans?? Show me.... please!!!!!!!!!

My wife is American, my wifes family are American, if we have children they'll be American.

Your original post:

"It seems after some discussion elsewhere in this forum, that it is the considered opinion of others that to immigrate to the US I should become a Stars and Stripes Waving, Republican Voting, Gun Toting, Free Will Denying, Bend over and take it up the ### Immigrant from the UK".

It was inflammatory because most Americans don't appreciate being classified in a general sense, no one does. The above statement implies Americans can be classified in a narrow view which basically offends all Americans. Well, I must say I not very offended by this because I accept other people's right to express their opinions. What really offends me is when people misconstrue reality to suit their political beliefs without having firsthand knowledge of the truth or the society they are analyzing. Why can't you just approach your move to the US with an open mind? If you want to change the system, get politically active and don't waste your time fighting with people on an immigration message board.

Filed: Other Timeline

Ho hum....

Constitution of the United States of America, 101

"Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Hence, the thinking behind said right. Not to protect oneself from an in-home invasion, nor to hunt small animals, nor even to slay the foreign enemy.

The CONCEPT behind the second amendment was for the citizenry to be able to protect itself from a corrupt government rising up on its own soil.

A CONCEPT frequently lost in the modern-day gun controversy.

Learn the constitution before you criticize it.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, I've just read over this thread as a bystander.

Everybody needs to lighten up a bit. Godsavethequeen has every right to state his opinion about the U.S. or any other country as everyone else here. It's when you start telling him or anyone else to essentially shut up then it's a problem.

Has he been offensive? Perhaps to some, but I don't detect any deliberate malice in his posts (minus the name-calling but he didn't start that).

Take a few breaths everyone and lighten up...for Crikey Sake!

Everybody needs to lighten up a bit. Godsavethequeen has every right to state his opinion about the U.S. or any other country as everyone else here. It's when you start telling him or anyone else to essentially shut up then it's a problem.

Has he been offensive? Perhaps to some, but I don't detect any deliberate malice in his posts (minus the name-calling but he didn't start that).

:thumbs: There's a full moon coming up :yes:

godsavethequeen was IMO being very tongue in cheek for the most part. A humor misunderstanding if ever I saw one.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hooray and thankyou xxxx

:dance:

UK-Royal-Standard-HM-Queen.gif

Down With The Monarchy