kwealthy

Help Case returned to U.S.!!!!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I filed I-130 back in November of 2005, My husband's interview wasn't schedule until August 28th 2007. He was told during his interview that he did not have enough proof to validate the relationship . He was then placed on AP(Administrative Processing) for short ...they need to investigate more .....now here's the continued wait once again....Now in April of 2008 and investigator had gone to his Mother's house where he lives, but was not around at that time, However his Mom and sister in-law were there . After all the question the officer left and said he would return at another time. It was now March of 09 and no officer had ever returned to his home. I had traveld back to Nigeria to inquire about the case. I was told that my husband was scheduled for and interview back on January 15th.....anyway he was rescheduled for May 4th......And would you believe there dedcision was made before he even entered the room to be interview. It was not really and interview according to my husband. He was told that I have another man here in my home. As God as my witness there no other man then my children. He was also given a letter that stated that the paper work was returned to the Dept Of Homeland Security for possible revocation....Reasons to believe that our relationship is for immigration reasons only. I'm not really sure where to go from here. :help:

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Kathleen

God will make all things beautiful in his time.

I filed I-130 back in November of 2005, My husband's interview wasn't schedule until August 28th 2007. He was told during his interview that he did not have enough proof to validate the relationship . He was then placed on AP(Administrative Processing) for short ...they need to investigate more .....now here's the continued wait once again....Now in April of 2008 and investigator had gone to his Mother's house where he lives, but was not around at that time, However his Mom and sister in-law were there . After all the question the officer left and said he would return at another time. It was now March of 09 and no officer had ever returned to his home. I had traveld back to Nigeria to inquire about the case. I was told that my husband was scheduled for and interview back on January 15th.....anyway he was rescheduled for May 4th......And would you believe there dedcision was made before he even entered the room to be interview. It was not really and interview according to my husband. He was told that I have another man here in my home. As God as my witness there no other man then my children. He was also given a letter that stated that the paper work was returned to the Dept Of Homeland Security for possible revocation....Reasons to believe that our relationship is for immigration reasons only. I'm not really sure where to go from here. :help:

Kathleen

My goodness, another horror story from Nigeria! I would get a lawyer!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Kathleen

My goodness, another horror story from Nigeria! I would get a lawyer!

I would have to agree with IamGODsProperty with hiring an Attorney. You are going to have to rebuttle the decision that they made.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Time is critical to resolving this. I'm not clear if this just happened or if it happened a few days/weeks ago. If it was only a few days ago, there is a short lag time before your petition will be sent back to the US. If it leaves for the US all you can do is wait for it to officially be closed before you proceed. Do a VJ search, if nothing turns up check the MENA forum, I think they have a pinned thread on denials.

Timeline

I am so sorry to hear about your experience! I too just posted another discouraging situation in my own embassy drama. We too got a possible revocation and The thought that relationship is for Hubby's immigration.

I am not sure if you do have a lawyer. I can tell you that in my case I was advised to dissect the interview just prior to the denial. Then to gather proof first of your relationship, and then proof to refute their findings or suspicions. Many people are sent for review, I did not realize this before our interview. And many return back to the embassy once you provide the evidence needed.

I am so sorry you're experiencing this stress, you're married almost 5 years - you must be so devestated. You will get through this, my heart goes out to you. I would find a lawyer that deals specifically with denials/revocation for immigration and nothing else, someone who belongs to AILA.

Take Care.

~Afrilaskan Queen~

This may be the same info in resses16 post .... I am assuming they issued a 221g. http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/..._USCIS_via_221g

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Kathleen

August 2007

"My Husband had his interview In Nigeria . After the interviewer asked all the questions like how did we meet. How many children does your wife have and so forth...Then He looked over our wedding pictures and other pics I had taken while there in Nigeria. After all that he told my husband that he could not give him the Visa now that he would need to do a further investigation(Admin Review). He kept pics and had my Husband fill out some type of information form that would provide contact numbers and so forth. He also gave my husband a form that explained what was going on and then told him that he would be called or e-amiled when to return to the embassy. The form given he would need to present at the time of interview. I'm still a bit confused. If anyone has gone through the same thing. or going through it now please help me out. I would like to know How long did it take and if you were approved or not. Thanx in advance for your help."

Looks like you had a LONG time to rectify the first denial.

Once the case is back at USCIS you now have a LONG wait before you can do much of anything.

Surely you must have had a lawyer working on the case after the first denial. If not? Why not?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Kathleen

Sorry for your pain. Sounds like your journey has been a very long and tedious one.

Best Wishes

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

Timeline

Ok, I am so sorry for your pain.

I have sent you a note in private.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

I am so sorry to hear about your experience! I too just posted another discouraging situation in my own embassy drama. We too got a possible revocation and The thought that relationship is for Hubby's immigration.

I am not sure if you do have a lawyer. I can tell you that in my case I was advised to dissect the interview just prior to the denial. Then to gather proof first of your relationship, and then proof to refute their findings or suspicions. Many people are sent for review, I did not realize this before our interview. And many return back to the embassy once you provide the evidence needed.

I am so sorry you're experiencing this stress, you're married almost 5 years - you must be so devestated. You will get through this, my heart goes out to you. I would find a lawyer that deals specifically with denials/revocation for immigration and nothing else, someone who belongs to AILA.

Take Care.

Thanks much for the info

God will make all things beautiful in his time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.