KingCan

Is USA still the promised land?

157 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
So why do you worry now you have Obama and he will get ALLA to save your ####.

:unsure: When you say he will be getting ALLA (sic) to save our ####, would that be before or after he declares us all to be infidels and unleashes a fatwa Executive Order from the Oval Office?

The people didn't stop him at the polls so who can stop him now. all the other crooks in Washington???????

You may be only one person in the world,

but you may be the whole world to one person

LIVED IN YUDU CHINA SINCE 5-5-2008

SENT 129F AUG 5 2008

NOA1 AUG 13TH 2008--8 DAYS

NOA2 MAR 20TH 2009--227 DAYS

RECEIVED P3 MAY18TH--286 DAYS

RETURNED P3 MAY 19TH--287 DAYS

RECEIVED P4 JULY 3 4:30 PM

JUST 351 DAYS TO GET INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW DATE JULY 30TH 7:30 AM

RECEIVED A BLUE GOT IT TAKEN CARE OF

NOW INTO A DNA TEST

R4ECEIVED VISAS 3-26-2010 FOR VISAS

POE SAN FRANSISCO APRIL 6TH 2010

HAVE BE IN THE SYSTEM FOR 1 YR 8 MO 16 DAYS

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
So why do you worry now you have Obama and he will get ALLA to save your ####.

:unsure: When you say he will be getting ALLA (sic) to save our ####, would that be before or after he declares us all to be infidels and unleashes a fatwa Executive Order from the Oval Office?

The people didn't stop him at the polls so who can stop him now. all the other crooks in Washington???????

You're right. He's unstoppable. :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
with no more jobs to offer, professionel with degrees who had their jobs shipped to india now working McDonald's jobs, no health care for their citizens, the country going down with trillion$$$ in national debt. Unhapiness among the US population is skyrocketing compares to other nations. Over spending on luxuries we can't afford and greedy corporations who back us up with sub-prime loans, growing gap between the struggling middle class and the riches, the exhausting rat race for having more stuff than the Joneses now become a race just to stay above the water, broken families and children idolazing studid rock stars and models over their prozac filled parents who are drowned in credit card debt and over valued estates, China loaning us money so we can buy their own produced ####### at Walmart who hires illegal workers at discounted salaries.

Is it the end for our beautiful USA?

We are very lucky !! Their are many people in other countries that have nothing. Like the people in Pakistan, so many have left thier homes with only the clothes on thier back. Take a look at all the other countries before you speak of USA.

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
with no more jobs to offer, professionel with degrees who had their jobs shipped to india now working McDonald's jobs, no health care for their citizens, the country going down with trillion$$$ in national debt. Unhapiness among the US population is skyrocketing compares to other nations. Over spending on luxuries we can't afford and greedy corporations who back us up with sub-prime loans, growing gap between the struggling middle class and the riches, the exhausting rat race for having more stuff than the Joneses now become a race just to stay above the water, broken families and children idolazing studid rock stars and models over their prozac filled parents who are drowned in credit card debt and over valued estates, China loaning us money so we can buy their own produced ####### at Walmart who hires illegal workers at discounted salaries.

We are very lucky !! Their are many people in other countries that have nothing. Like the people in Pakistan, so many have left thier homes with only the clothes on thier back. Take a look at all the other countries before you speak of USA.

These comments are expected since this is an immigration forum and lots of people from defavorized country are posting here.

My point of view might differ from a little from these immigrants. I've been in the USA for 15 years now and I know what I'm talking about. There's a decline in the quality of life for a lot of folks happening right now in the USA and you don't need the media to tell you so...you just need to look around you. When I started this thread, I just wanted to point this out. I never said it is miserable to live here...I'm just saying that there's a shifting going on for the worst.

Peace all.

N-400

November 2009....Apply for citizenship

Dec 21st 2009....Biometrics

Feb 16th 2010....Interview

April 2010....Citizenship!!

Canada has none of these problems. We are moving there next week. :dance:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

These comments are expected since this is an immigration forum and lots of people from defavorized country are posting here.

My point of view might differ from a little from these immigrants. I've been in the USA for 15 years now and I know what I'm talking about. There's a decline in the quality of life for a lot of folks happening right now in the USA and you don't need the media to tell you so...you just need to look around you. When I started this thread, I just wanted to point this out. I never said it is miserable to live here...I'm just saying that there's a shifting going on for the worst.

Peace all.

You are exactly right it all started when we lost the OF,BY AND FOR THE PEOPLE

NOW ITS OF ,BY AND FOR THE WHITE HOUSE & CONGRESS

SENT 129F AUG 5 2008

NOW INTO A DNA TEST

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I like your post, and I agree with you. America remains a shining beacon and a land of opportunity for many around the world.

One of the great things about America is we all get to have our say. That includes OKIE2, KingCan and others who want to focus on everything they feel is wrong here. I agree there are things wrong here, but I refuse to be pessimistic. The problems can be overcome. Americans have always been very good at that.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Things will get better...in time

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Timeline
Things will get better...in time

sure hope you don't have to wait like some of us have from NOA1 TO NOA2 the shorstest time i have seen is 13 days

in csc mine was 227 days from vermont

SENT 129F AUG 5 2008

NOW INTO A DNA TEST

Filed: Other Timeline
Canada has none of these problems. We are moving there next week. :dance:

:blink::rofl:

The only problem that Canada does not have is corrupt banks that lost everything. Canada has the safest banking system in the world. And it has universal healthcare. But it needs an overhaul. The rat race is there, as is the Keeping up with the Joneses syndrome, buying more than you can afford, high unemployment, etc etc etc etc...

Don't get me wrong, if I could go back there, I would in a heartbeat. But if you think none of that exists in Canada, you're in for a surprise!

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

As someone coming from a rather cozy place in Canada, I'm very worried about moving. Not because of anything chracteristic of the US, but the fact that I'm leaving something rather secure for "the unknown". I'm not coming from dire conditions in hopes of a "better" life.

That being said, I believe that life is what you make of it, economy be damned.

Aug 21/04 - Met at ethnic community bbq/field day (Seattle)

Aug 26/04 - First date (Vancouver)

Nov 24-29/04 - Met his mother & her side of family (Philadelphia)

June 15/05 - He moves to Seattle

Aug 19/07 - Our engagement & engagement party (Vancouver)

Aug 23/08 - WEDDING

Nov 23/08 - Petition for I-130 & I-129f

Feb 12/09 - both petitions approved

Feb 20/09 - K3 package received

April 27/09 - Medical exam (Vancouver)

May 28/09 - K3 Interview (Vancouver)

May 29/09 - pick up approved visa!

June 21/09 - POE @ Pac Hwy, arrived to our apt in Seattle

June 22/09 - apply for AOS & EAD

July 6/09 - AOS & EAD received by USCIS, being processed

July 13/09 - Biometrics letter received

Aug 3/09 - Biometrics appointment

Aug 19/09 - AOS interview appointment letter received

Aug 24/09 - EAD received

Aug 8/09 - SSN received

Sept 17/09 - AOS interview - PASSED!!

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Peace all.

hahahahaha.....

i think canada should be the destination

lets go to canada people

actually with all the wars america has plunged into the economy is definitely suffering

and this was is now 9 years old and stilll no where near its end

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
With a rate of 26% of US population with a college degree, that means 3/4 of US citizens don't see the future with optimism?

I'd like to know if there are any blue collar workers in this forum who are feeling the pinch in this economy.

my hubby is a blue collar worker and we are not feeling the pinch.. we are actually doing better then we have in past years...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.