txladykat

Poverty Guidelines, 100 or 125?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I thought your income had to be 125%, but I just saw a mention that if you are petitioning a spouse or child, it is only 100%. Can someone confirm? We are at the stage of preparing our AOS and I just returned to the states and secured a part time job. 100% gets me the income to qualify, 125 doesn't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

125% because as DCF you will be providing an I-864 to sponsor the immigrant, I-864 REQUIRES 125%.

If you are in the military, then the bar is lowered to 100%.

MORE: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks. I am submitting my 3 previous tax returns, which show adequate income in the past, but I am no longer employed at the job that I got my W-2 from. I am just starting my new job, so I have no documentation to support my income. Do they require this documentation to show my current income on DCF?

Thanks. I am submitting my 3 previous tax returns, which show adequate income in the past, but I am no longer employed at the job that I got my W-2 from. I am just starting my new job, so I have no documentation to support my income. Do they require this documentation to show my current income on DCF?

No documentation? No pay stubs? (or 1099's if self employed/contractor.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I-864 indicate that you "MAY" include an employer letter, and recent pay stubs.

Also with DCF, they may wan to know if and how your income will continue once you move back to the USA. Lastly I-864 needs proof of US Domicile in order for you to provide it.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

No documentation? No pay stubs? (or 1099's if self employed/contractor.)

No, because I just started the job 2 days ago. I am contract, so I get a 1099 (but not until the end of the year). Being contract, I won't have "pay stubs".

Timeline

Yea, its the "may" that brought up the question for me. I am still working in the same type of job, just with a different firm. I just wonder how they handle it with DCF since you obviously won't have pay stubs from a US job you will be starting after leaving the country you resided in.

I-864 indicate that you "MAY" include an employer letter, and recent pay stubs.

Also with DCF, they may wan to know if and how your income will continue once you move back to the USA. Lastly I-864 needs proof of US Domicile in order for you to provide it.

Timeline

Yes, but its a royal pain in the #### to go through it all in getting my joint sponsor. I was told by the embassy that if my mother wanted to use her CD's for assets (which she has to do as she doesnt work), she needed signed bank statements from the bank, which the bank won't give you. Apparently its common place to get such a document in Denmark, but not in the US. The bank representative will not "sign" a bank statement.

Getting a joint sponsor is the easiest way to get rid of these issues. Is that not possible for you?
Edited by txladykat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea, its the "may" that brought up the question for me. I am still working in the same type of job, just with a different firm. I just wonder how they handle it with DCF since you obviously won't have pay stubs from a US job you will be starting after leaving the country you resided in.

The only income that counts is U.S. income, so it is not an issue - because by and large it is just ignored.

Say the sponsor works only in Canada - that income cannot be counted for the I-864 - so it is not an issue.

That sponsor would need another sponsor or assets.

Even if the bank won't sign a statement - have you asked them to provide just a letter stating the balances in this person's account are current as at - the date?

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

My job is in the US...so I don't know what you mean.

The only income that counts is U.S. income, so it is not an issue - because by and large it is just ignored.

Say the sponsor works only in Canada - that income cannot be counted for the I-864 - so it is not an issue.

Even if the bank won't sign a statement - have you asked them to provide just a letter stating the balances in this person's account are current as at - the date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My job is in the US...so I don't know what you mean.

I was responding to your statement that "Since you obviously won't have pay stubs from a U.S. job you will be starting AFTER leaving the country you resided in"

I guess you mean something else however that sounds to me (since you were talking about DCF) like someone who will be starting a job in the U.S. once they return.

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.