cool

I Feel like a Slave

122 posts in this topic

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, well why can't you have friends. So what if your wife is an ####. Build your own life apart from hers and leave once you have your greencard. That would be the logical thing to do. It sounds like your wife has some serious issues. If she is an alcoholic, then there is really little chance for you to help her, she has to decide to do something for herslef. In the meantime, she is going to drag you down. You might want to consider going to Al-anon.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

"But what I have been 'told' is that after you come here and serperate from your spouse, your spouse in then responsible for your support. Thats what the affidavit of support is for. My thought is give her a taste of her own medicine, have her support you."

If he is working and has an income and she is on disabilty, then no court is going to make her support him. The only way he might be able to screw her is to go on some sort of public assistance, and then she will owe them money (again if she is on disabilty/public assistance, they may not make her pay). I certainly would not make myself poverty stricken as a way to get revenge on someone and force them to financially support me.

Edited by jane2009

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

racist comment/photo and post quoting same removed - some things are not funny, even if meant to be.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Nothing like a good old fashioned American woman bashing is there? Do you feel better about yourself now that you made us ALL sound like useless pieces of #######?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That is absurd, he got a bad deal yes, but we are not all uselsess, hateful nasty, lazy people! You need to think about what you write before you generalize us all in the same catagory! My husband is from another country, been here 8 months, just got his EAD, and I would NEVER expect only him to work! I have never made him feel bad because he can't work! MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!

Hummm.... Are we having a case of PMS? Guilty conscience? Bashing? Did I miss it? OMG when did all american women get bashed? I sure hated I missed that! Hey... matter of fact I 'didn't' miss it.. know why? Never happened! As I recall, after reading "each' post, he was referring to his wife treating him badly. Not all american women treating their foreign fiances or husbands badly. He is confused about how the family nest operates here, and Im sure alot of ppl are. Things operate differently in other countries, and Im sure you can imagines 'but maybe not', how much of a culture shock it would be coming here. Get a grip and quick accusing people of generalizing and practice on your communication skills! Come to think about it.... maybe ur the troll coming in the muck things up in an apparently peaceful thread... hummmmmm

mouadswife,

I respectfully put it forward that she was not responding to the OP Cool but to another responder in the thread who had made this statement:

""This is a form of Modern day Pimping being done by American Women/with the ex husband against their foreign Husbands""

No blame or hatefulness intended in my post, just don't want to see someone painted as being something they aren't. I believe the above quoted line is what she was calling american woman bashing.

Sera.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

awwww! That's what happen when you marry a US wacko for the green card. I cannot really feel sorry for you but your story his hilarious, bro...Troll or not.

N-400

November 2009....Apply for citizenship

Dec 21st 2009....Biometrics

Feb 16th 2010....Interview

April 2010....Citizenship!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
This is a form of Modern day Pimping being done by American Women/with the ex husband against their foreign Husbands.
http://www.nomarriage.com/

is that site for real?

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

This is a form of Modern day Pimping being done by American Women/with the ex husband against their foreign Husbands.

is that site for real?

Sadly, yeah. It's apparently been around a while.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

is that site for real?

I find it disgusting...

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

is that site for real?

I find it disgusting...

Sometimes you've just got to laugh at stuff like that.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

is that site for real?

I find it disgusting...

Having dated various American women long term, then living overseas for 5 years, I actually agree with what the website owner discusses. However, some of it is written in rather crude language.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Having dated various American women long term, then living overseas for 5 years, I actually agree with what the website owner discusses. However, some of it is written in rather crude language.

Did you make your wife sign a marriage contract?

Edited by trillium13
24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I vote it's a troll.

one little sign is he claims he started working 3 or 4th day after getting married.... ead takes at least 60 to 90 days after filing.

something just doesn't sound genuine about this one.

Sounds like someone who isn't familiar with the process and isn't really going through the paperwork most of us are familiar with that goes with the k1/ead/aos.

-S.

Dude you are forgetting about the 90 Days EAD that they Stamp at JFK

When was the last time you saw a foreign, Muslim man write "dude", "gonna", or any of the other many "Americanisms" I'm seeing in these posts?

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.