13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My co sponsor just said they wont help me. So I think I will supplement my income with my mom's, however my dad lives in the house to. Should I add my mom and my dad's as supplemental income. and add them as members of my household also ?

February 5, 2011- Engaged

Do you mean your Mom and Dad are going to co-sponsor now?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

I plan to use them as supplemental income. They dont want to sign any papers since one of them says, they could be sued

Edited by tangkas

Maybe it is time for you to read the I-864 directions.

The value of your assets, the assets of any householdmember who has signed a Form I-864A, or the assets of the intending immigrant; if that income will continue from the same source after immigration.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
My co sponsor just said they wont help me. So I think I will supplement my income with my mom's, however my dad lives in the house to. Should I add my mom and my dad's as supplemental income. and add them as members of my household also ?

They can both "co-sponsor" One needs to fill out the I-864 the other completes the I-864a

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I plan to use them as supplemental income. They dont want to sign any papers since one of them says, they could be sued

No such animal. If you use their income, they co-sponsor UNLESS you are all living in the same household, the you fill out the I-864 and they do they I-864a. Not sure if it relieves them from responsibility if the fiancee becomes a public charge though.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

When compleing the I-864A, they agree to the following:

"Promise to provide any and all financial support necessary to assist the sponsor in maintaining the sponsored immigrant(s) at or above the minimum income provided for in section 213A(a)(1)(A) of the Act (not less than 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines) during the period in which the affidavit of support is enforceable;"

"Agree to be jointly and severally liable for payment of any and all obligations owed by the sponsor under the affidavit of support to the sponsored immigrant(s), to any agency of the Federal Government, to any agency of a State or local government, or to any other private entity that provides means-tested public benefit;"

Your parent(s) would have to sign the I-864A which means that they could be sued.

Edited by rickynlucy

Timeline

"Promise to provide any and all financial support necessary to assist the sponsor in maintaining the sponsored immigrant(s) at or above the minimum income provided for in section 213A(a)(1)(A) of the Act (not less than 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines) during the period in which the affidavit of support is enforceable;"

"Agree to be jointly and severally liable for payment of any and all obligations owed by the sponsor under the affidavit of support to the sponsored immigrant(s), to any agency of the Federal Government, to any agency of a State or local government, or to any other private entity that provides means-tested public benefit;"

Your parent(s) would have to sign the I-864A which means that they could be sued.

i make an extra 9,100 a year working for my mom. What are the ways I could claim it. Since she gives this money cash. I am planing to claim it at the end of the year. Should she write a note proving it ?

i make an extra 9,100 a year working for my mom. What are the ways I could claim it. Since she gives this money cash. I am planing to claim it at the end of the year. Should she write a note proving it ?

That would work - are you paying taxes on this extra income? It should be on your tax transcripts.

If your not paying taxes on it - then you have some explaining to do why not.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Have you claimed the income in the past? She would have to issue you a 1099 most likely. Think of it from the CO's point of view regarding the income from your mom. If it just puts you over the top to qualify they could request more evidence from you or her.

And if it's been an ongoing income you would have to go back and amend prior year's returns and get 1099's from her for past years.

Might be simpler to have them sign on as sponsors.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

I just began part time work with her this year. So I didn't file last year. But she filed for her business. Do you think she should write a note stating she pays me ?

That would work - are you paying taxes on this extra income? It should be on your tax transcripts.

Filed: Other Timeline

You can claim the income as secondary employment if you can prove it.

You aren't getting pay stubs as you are paid in cash.

Your mother could write you an employment letter, but you have nothing to corroborate the letter.

I'm thinking your mother is probably not planning on treating you as an employee for her records. Is she paying into Social Security for her portion (as an employer) of the part of YOUR Social Security you will have to pay when you claim this cash income on your 2009 tax return?

Timeline

yes

I just began part time work with her this year. So I didn't file last year. But she filed for her business. Do you think she should write a note stating she pays me ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.