michellek1976

Anyone care to speculate how long between RFE and NOA2?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We just signed as well, and were told it´d take 30 days at the most at VSC (our NOA1 said 30 days to process it only) and it´s been over 60 because of the IMBRA and we also have NOTHING to add.

Our answer on how we met clearly stated we met on a message board about Harry Potter.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:reading::reading::thumbs:

You woukld think they would process ones that are complete and ready for further processing instead of waiting for RFE replies for applications with earlier dates. They gotta go with what they have they are backed up already and more waiting only would make it worse.

Thats my 2 cents

Right on! Who cares about the ppl who've been waiting for 120 days cuz of the goverment's screw up. Might as well make em' wait even longer cuz they (the gov't.) couldn't even send out the RFE's in the proper order too... :thumbs:

Edited by Crlsgrl

Stacey (USA) & Carl (ENGLAND)

06-2005.... met in an online game room & knew instantly we

............... were meant to be together.. not a day has gone by that

............... we haven't spoken with one another

09-2005.... went on holiday with Carl in England

................ (he proposed and I accepted!!!)

12-2005.... Carl came to the US on holiday

03-2006.... went on holiday once again in England

03-23-2006.... mailed I-129F

03-27-2006.... NOA1 - received at nsc

06-01-2006.... e-mail notice of transfer to csc

06-02-2006.... touched

06-03-2006.... touched

06-05-2006.... paper notice of transfer to csc received in mail

06-10-2006.... 2nd paper notice of transfer to csc received in mail

06-14-2006.... touched

06-15-2006.... touched

06-16-2006.... touched

06-17-2006.... touched

07-03-2006.... touched (email notice of RFE)

07-03-2006.... RFE (imbra) received in mail

07-04-2006.... touched (on a holiday even!)

07-05-2006.... RFE sent via express mail to CSC

07-05-2006.... touched

07-06-2006.... RFE received at CSC

08-07-2006.... NOA2

I agree. My bet would be based on NOA1 dates and RFE responses. Also depending on how many RFE responses they get on a given day, they might just do all the RFE responses for that day together. I would think for the first few days after their sending out the RFE, they wouldn't have that many responses initially given the post/delivery lag time.

I personally would like to have some idea when my RFE will arrive, my lawyer has already prepared the amended petition but CSC said we have to wait for the RFE so that I can sign it. I could have sent in the amended petition 2 weeks ago. The whole things seems ridiculous. If the law went into effect on June first why not require every petition from that day forward to have the new form instead of going back 4 months and saying ok we will start here. They just created a lot more work and headaches for themselves.(Sorry just venting a little)

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I personally would like to have some idea when my RFE will arrive, my lawyer has already prepared the amended petition but CSC said we have to wait for the RFE so that I can sign it. I could have sent in the amended petition 2 weeks ago. The whole things seems ridiculous. If the law went into effect on June first why not require every petition from that day forward to have the new form instead of going back 4 months and saying ok we will start here. They just created a lot more work and headaches for themselves.(Sorry just venting a little)

RFEs were apparently sent in batches. As usual, Vermont filers got them first. Then a second batch went out on June 23. Now a third batch is being sent this week (according to the information of filers posting here). There is no such thing as an amended petition. If that were possible, everyone who has been on hold since March 6 (the date the law went into effect) would have sent an amended petition rather than waiting for USCIS to send the RFE.

Of course in a normal situation with a normal, effective government service, anyone filing after March 6 would have known about the new law and would have had access to a correct, updated I-129F form that complied with the law. But because USCIS f*cked up drastically, we all had to wait - first for USCIS to actually admit to this enormous error. Then to create a RFE form. Then to get the RFE form approved. And now, to send them out to everyone. People who normally would have been finished with this process more than a month ago are still waiting for RFEs. People who were already approved and had their visa interview appointments cancelled, are still waiting for the RFEs. The entire situation is a #### up of unbelievable proportion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

VSC issued it's first approval after IMBRA RFE. Took them less than a week. Let's see if we get more of them this week to see if this was an isolated case or not. I hope not as I am waiting on my approval this week as well. *fingers crossed*

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
VSC issued it's first approval after IMBRA RFE. Took them less than a week. Let's see if we get more of them this week to see if this was an isolated case or not. I hope not as I am waiting on my approval this week as well. *fingers crossed*

Wow, they did approve one case? That's awesome.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Calm down Kitkat1. You will get your RFE very soon. I was about to fly to California and demand the RFE at the door, probably would have caused a denial. Then, behold, the RFE showed up today. Give it a day or two and you will have it.

RFEs were apparently sent in batches. As usual, Vermont filers got them first. Then a second batch went out on June 23. Now a third batch is being sent this week (according to the information of filers posting here). There is no such thing as an amended petition. If that were possible, everyone who has been on hold since March 6 (the date the law went into effect) would have sent an amended petition rather than waiting for USCIS to send the RFE.

Of course in a normal situation with a normal, effective government service, anyone filing after March 6 would have known about the new law and would have had access to a correct, updated I-129F form that complied with the law. But because USCIS f*cked up drastically, we all had to wait - first for USCIS to actually admit to this enormous error. Then to create a RFE form. Then to get the RFE form approved. And now, to send them out to everyone. People who normally would have been finished with this process more than a month ago are still waiting for RFEs. People who were already approved and had their visa interview appointments cancelled, are still waiting for the RFEs. The entire situation is a #### up of unbelievable proportion.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The senator's office here said CSC's plan is to process in order of NOA but that is based on RFE response. Meaning exactly what you said is right - they can't not process someone from March 15, for example, just because someone from March 6 hasn't sent back their RFE yet.

She also said that transfers from NSC to CSC are supposedly being handled in a specialized manner - presumably based on original NOA date as well as when they return the RFE. But there is, of course, no proof that this is what is actually going to happen.

It would be nice if they provided us with some information and direction to ease our fears and worries but clearly that is never gonna happen.

Specialized manner = processed by one 93 year old man with severe cataracts and Alzheimer's.

:P

:lol::lol::lol::lol: , got i really needed this. You got a sense of humor :lol::lol::lol:

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Calm down Kitkat1. You will get your RFE very soon. I was about to fly to California and demand the RFE at the door, probably would have caused a denial. Then, behold, the RFE showed up today. Give it a day or two and you will have it.

I'm not really as upset as my post might have made it sound - I was just trying to explain to tykanie what was going on here - my impression is s/he is a newbie and maybe didn't understand the whole situation or the background.

As for me, at this point, I won't get the RFE until next week so it doesn't really matter.

I am with you on that, it's all good!!! Keep your chin up. This whole thing sucks. no doubt about it. I am hopeful that things will speed up, in an orderly manner. Well, that is my hope anyway.

I'm not really as upset as my post might have made it sound - I was just trying to explain to tykanie what was going on here - my impression is s/he is a newbie and maybe didn't understand the whole situation or the background.

As for me, at this point, I won't get the RFE until next week so it doesn't really matter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree. My bet would be based on NOA1 dates and RFE responses. Also depending on how many RFE responses they get on a given day, they might just do all the RFE responses for that day together. I would think for the first few days after their sending out the RFE, they wouldn't have that many responses initially given the post/delivery lag time.

How did you contact CSC office? I am also thinking about sending a new I-129F though I did not receive even NOA1 yet (filed 1 week ago). I was just stupid enough to trust USCIS and fill the form they sent me on 6/15/06. Do you think it will create more problems or will not work at all if I send it as a replacement?

05 Jul 06 - I-129F mailed to TSC

07 Jul 06 - I-129F received at TSC

11 Jul 06 - NOA1 from CSC

14 Jul 06 - Check cashed

How did you contact CSC office? I am also thinking about sending a new I-129F though I did not receive even NOA1 yet (filed 1 week ago). I was just stupid enough to trust USCIS and fill the form they sent me on 6/15/06. Do you think it will create more problems or will not work at all if I send it as a replacement?

If they sent you NEW form (which has 3 more question about your criminal background and marriage broker) - it's ok. Usually people are downloading them from their site, it's already new one there from the end of june I think. Call customer service if you are not sure which form you filled in, their phone is at their site. Don't worry, good luck! :star:

K-1 Visa Process

27th of Aug 2004 - got acquainted

24th of Dec 2005 - spent Xmas holidays together

4th of Feb 2006 - sent I-129F petition to Texas Service Center

14th of Feb - lost our personal letters, resent even more

28th of Feb - California Service Center received our case (received date of NOA1)

6th of March - NOA1 (notice date)

1st of May - NOA2 (first one)

26th of June - NOA2 (second one, no RFE!)

27th of June - *touched*

11th of July - *touched again*

12th of July - reply from NVC (don't have our case yet) :((

14th-21th of August -FINALLY made CSC sent out our case to NVC!!!

28st of August - letter from NVC confirming our case will be sent to Moscow Embassy within a week.

8th of September - Moscow Embassy replied they still don't have it :'(

1st of October - Yellow package has been sent

4th of October - Date of the interview: 7th of December

Rescheduled date of interview on EARLIER date (due to kid's school exams): 17th of October 2006!

17th of Ocotber - Stressful interview has successfully GONE!

20th of October - got passport with visas at the office DHL on Tverskaya st.

22th of October - WE'RE TOGETHER AT LAST! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My guess is that they are NOT going to use the NOA1 date, to some degree. Those who received the IMBRA RFE and have sent them back, regardless of NOA1 date, will be receiving their NOA2 shortly.

The have a tremendous backlog and have their own internal pressures to get there petitions closed. It does not matter if the NOA1 is March or June…just my guess…

Edited by gupt0014

I-129F

5/30/06 Mailed I-129F to NSC

6/9 NOA1

6/30 IMBRA RFE rec'd and sent back to CSC

9/7 NOA2

10/6 File sent to NVC

10/18 File sent to embassy

11/14 Medical

12/6 Interview - visa approved

12/28 Visa issued

2/1/07 Fiancé arrives in US

2/10 Married

AOS

3/27/07 Mailed I-485 to Chicago

3/30 I-485 delivered

4/5 NOA1

4/6 Check cashed

4/13 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/1 Biometrics

5/2 I-485 trx'd to CSC

5/21 I-485 now pending at CSC

7/11 Card production ordered

7/16 Welcome to US notice rec'd

7/17 Approval notice rec'd

7/20 GC rec'd

I-751

4/14/09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

4/16 I-751 delivered

4/16 NOA1

4/30 Check cashed

5/5 NOA1 rec'd

5/16 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/29 Biometrics

6/8 Approved

6/11 Approval notice rec'd

7/9 Card production ordered

7/18 GC rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If they sent you NEW form (which has 3 more question about your criminal background and marriage broker) - it's ok. Usually people are downloading them from their site, it's already new one there from the end of june I think. Call customer service if you are not sure which form you filled in, their phone is at their site. Don't worry, good luck! :star:

Thanks for your answer!

They have sent me an old form without IMBRA and i filled it. I want to amend it (probably ask them to replace in the file) with the identical form printed from USCIS site with IMBRA addition. Will they do it? I will try to call National Center later today. However, how did you added your personal letters before they transferred the case to CSC or getting NOA1? Did they ask you with some kind of a notice? Did you submitted additional information to TSC or CSC?

05 Jul 06 - I-129F mailed to TSC

07 Jul 06 - I-129F received at TSC

11 Jul 06 - NOA1 from CSC

14 Jul 06 - Check cashed

I'm not sure where did he sent it, Serge, I'll ask my baby Claud. As for RFE - no it wasn't like that, it was just a letter from them with their internal number of our case. Actually YOU probably SHOULDn't send anything until they will return your old petition with RFE. Otherwise there will be mess with 2 petitions in future. Good luck!

Mari

K-1 Visa Process

27th of Aug 2004 - got acquainted

24th of Dec 2005 - spent Xmas holidays together

4th of Feb 2006 - sent I-129F petition to Texas Service Center

14th of Feb - lost our personal letters, resent even more

28th of Feb - California Service Center received our case (received date of NOA1)

6th of March - NOA1 (notice date)

1st of May - NOA2 (first one)

26th of June - NOA2 (second one, no RFE!)

27th of June - *touched*

11th of July - *touched again*

12th of July - reply from NVC (don't have our case yet) :((

14th-21th of August -FINALLY made CSC sent out our case to NVC!!!

28st of August - letter from NVC confirming our case will be sent to Moscow Embassy within a week.

8th of September - Moscow Embassy replied they still don't have it :'(

1st of October - Yellow package has been sent

4th of October - Date of the interview: 7th of December

Rescheduled date of interview on EARLIER date (due to kid's school exams): 17th of October 2006!

17th of Ocotber - Stressful interview has successfully GONE!

20th of October - got passport with visas at the office DHL on Tverskaya st.

22th of October - WE'RE TOGETHER AT LAST! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!

ticker.png

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.