yogib37

Why some AOS get process faster then others

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It is pretty interesting that there were 29 posts and 626 people read the thread. It is certainly more interesting than " how do I answer line 25 of the G 325A ?" It is much more entertaining than Will and Grace, even very close to Jerry Springer. Flaming topics keep us all awake here!! There is nothing wrong with people having heated debates.

I was pretty impressed with the way the OP managed to get cuss words past the censors. They usually find and block mine!

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe if you double check I think you will see spelling mistakes, where it is spelt right it is censored and allowed where spelt wrong ....

Ange

Edited by 1daysoon

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

Oct 14th 08 ..... Mailed the I-751. Back in the system we go

Oct 18th 08 ..... NOA receipt date

Oct 20th 08 ..... Check has been cashed, waiting on the NOA1 and Biometrics appointment now.

Oct 24th 08 ..... NOA arrives in post.

Nov 13th 08 ..... Receive date for Bio-metrics in Atlanta.

Nov 28th 08 ..... Bio-metrics appointment.

Feb 18th 09 ..... Date of decision to remove conditions on permanent residency.

Feb 23rd 09 ..... Received notification on approval ( via snail mail ). Green card on order.

Feb 26th 09 ..... Card production ordered. Pleas wait 30 days ( as per case status on USCIS home page ).

Mar 7th 09 ....... My 10 yr green card arrives.

Apr 22nd 09 ..... Sons 10 yr green card finally arrives( after a nudge at VSC from the USCIS helpline)

Going to take a little break from the immigration stuff.

31e3d60.jpg.png

Timeline

Really?

Let me try that.

This guy is a real assa hoel !!!!

Joe if you double check I think you will see spelling mistakes, where it is spelt right it is censored and allowed where spelt wrong ....

Ange

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

Filed: Timeline
There is a difference between having heated debates and calling people names.

Thus the reason for my original post on this thread. Debate is good, disagreement is okay, name calling and vulgar language is bad.

Is anyone going to support the OP and his irrational and vulgar response as being appropriate? Let alone his additional posts?

If not, then let people like yogi, and others like him, know this type of behavior is not appreciated nor desired here on VJ. If people don't speak up, this type of unwanted behavior will continue, unless of course you want to PM the Capt and let him know about the offending posts.

Enough said.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

if it makes you feel better I was transferred in March and I haven't been approved yet.

Barbara (Canada) & Dallas (USC)

AOS

Nov 13 2005 EAD & I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 22, 2005 EAD & I-485 NOA1

Dec 15, 2005 Biometrics for EAD & I-485

Dec 19, 2005 EAD & I-485 Touched

Jan 21, 2006 Rec'd I-485 Fingerprint Reschedule Notice (AHHH!!!)

Feb 10, 2006 Fingerprint App't

Feb 1, 2006 EAD Approved!!!!

Feb 11, 2006 Rec'd EAD card

Feb 13, 2006 Applied for SSN

Feb 17, 2006 Rec'd SSN

Feb 23, 2006 I-485 Transferred to CSC (AHHH!!)

Mar 02, 2006 I-485 Has been received at CSC

Mar 13, 2006 I-485 Touched

Mar 14, 2006 I-485 Touched

Apr 15 & 25 2006 emailed CSC for status inquiry on I-485

Apr 26 2006 received a response from CSC, another response in 60 days (ahhhhh!!!)

Apr 27, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 17, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 19, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 20, 2006 I-485 Touched

July 3, 2006 emailed CSC again, no response given in the allotted 60 days time frame.

July 27, 2006 received a response from CSC, another response will be given in 30 days.. ha ha ha.

***app sent back to Missouri ***app sent to Chicago

Aug 21 2006 touched

Sept 29 2006 3rd year Anniversay

October 13, 2006 Immigration Interview - Need to return with Long Form Birth Certificate

October 13, 2006 Long Form Birth Cert ordered with expediated shipping

October 18, 2006 Birth Cert Received

October 19, 2006 2nd Immigration Interview - APPROVED

5-20 business days for the Green Card to arrive, maybe I'll be back to see my family before Christmas?

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

One thing I had learnt from our K1 journey is...to never compare your timelines with other couples even if you file on the same date, got the same NOAs and so on. It's just gonna drive you insane! I understand it is hard for you just the way these whole process are hard for everyone on board, but like Joe said before...you are 'already' one of the lucky ones who got transferred to CSC and will get your GC without any interview. Some people had to wait years and had been 'stuck' in the system.

Good luck to you. :yes:

Maureen

Our K1 Journey Click Here
K1 Interview in Jakarta Click Here
AOS Journey:
May 02, 2006 :AOS Sent to Chicago...Let the couting begin
May 03, 2006 :AOS received in Chicago
May 12, 2006 :Received NOA1 dated 05/09/2006
May 22, 2006 Biometrics Notice Rcvd dated 05/17/2006
May 30, 2006 :Biometrics done in ASC Birmingham
July 01, 2006 :Interview Letter received
Aug 30, 2006 :Interview in Atlanta & got RFE for I-693A! OUCH!!!
November, 2006 :I-693A Sent. The waiting goes on...
April 4, 2007: Infopass & it doesn't help at all!!!
April 18, 2007 :Contacting our Congressman.
May 18, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, Welcome Notice Sent! Finally!!!
April 22, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, GC has been ordered
April 24, 2007 : Welcome Notice Rvcd. Yeeehaaa!!!!
June 1, 2007: GC arrived! Yippy! USCIS Free for 2 years!
2008: Moved to China
2009: Conditional GC Expired and Husband has been having affairs since 2008 in China. Can't file for ROC since he got laid off. He came to Jakarta to live with me and my parents. He got a new job. Life resume to normal or so I thought.
March 2010: Officially separated after yet more affairs exposed just a day after my birthday!

February 2011: Officially divorced.
June 18, 2011: He married the girl he had the last affair with.

August 2014: I am engaged with my real soulmate. Not an American.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I filed my AOS the first week in April and it hasn't even been touched since I had my biometrics done...but I wouldn't deny anyone a good moan. This process is infuriating at best and controls our lives temporarily so I can understand why people get so heated and upset over it.

I pray my case gets transferred to Cali since South Carolina takes between 1-2 years to adjust status....let's see....

Claire and Chris - 1st year together[br].png

Timeline

Pink Cloud,

Don't put too much trust in the processing dates. Jacksonville shows a long backlog but we have our interiview on the 13th. That will be less than a year since Lucero entered the countryabout 10 months since we married. No big deal. We are together and we are both happy. She can wok, and drive. I don't know what else we need from the USCIS.

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Y'know....as long as you're doing this together (not apart as with the K-1 or K-3 petition wait) why worry. It WILL happen. The EAD is renewable. Of course, if things just don't feel right then I would investigate. Just my 49cents worth :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline
Y'know....as long as you're doing this together (not apart as with the K-1 or K-3 petition wait) why worry. It WILL happen. The EAD is renewable. Of course, if things just don't feel right then I would investigate. Just my 49cents worth :)

Exactly! As Joe also said, at least during this process, we are all together with our SO. Once my SO arrived here, everything was good. Anything that happens from that point on, as long as it doesn't include us having to be apart, is all downhill! To me, getting the visa was the hard part! I can wait as long as it takes now! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all

I did not intend for this topic to go this way. I got a reply from someone and I overreacted before even I saw his appoligiy post. If I saw his appoligy I would not even said anything or maybe, it is ok don't worry about.

I did accpet his appoligy and I did give a appoligy. Maybe it was not long or what ever but I did give one.

This went totaly out of line when one poster decided in his/her opinion it was not a sincer one and started to accuse me of other things. the id is sugarcane.

now I dont know what it was in him to think he was judge/jury to condone me.

Now he wants it taken to Capt Ewok. That is ok it is his right to do it.

I was just venting on the OP and was just asking a question. I have done that a lot in the past and it would not generate much replies.. Maybe 5 or 6 if I am extermely lucky.

I have accpetd the other party's appoligy and I hope he did same for me.

No need for a third party to interfear.

I just hope that sugarcane visa journey will be bump free. I hope he does not have long waits... So I am done.

good bye and peace out

I was just venting on the OP and was just asking a question. I have done that a lot in the past and it would not generate much replies.. Maybe 5 or 6 if I am extermely lucky.

I can totally sympathize with your frustration in seeing approvals etc when you have been waiting longer..It's not fair and there is no rhyme or reason to it. A while back we waited 100 plus days for the AP document, had problems getting the interim EAD and had seemingly no action on my case, so I voiced my concerns and I also had one person tell me that I needed to chill out and stop complaining. That is kind of a slap in the face in a place that we are supposed to get support, so I understand your frustration in your more angry post. Our AOS was filed back in Feb, and although we have now EAD and AP for my husband, there has since been no action on our AOS since Bios in April, not even a transfer to CSC or something like that. Sometimes it seems that someone has lost or misplaced or forgotten about some applications that should seemingly be easy cases and are delayed beyond what seems to be "the norm" for what we see on the boards, and it just makes you want to scream, doesnt it? It may not solve anything but it sure feels good at the time.

I am by no means a senior poster or an expert on alot of this stuff but I have sure learned alot by being on this board.

Take a deep breath, and maybe make an infopass appointment or something. It seems to sometimes get the ball rolling, and at least let them know you are watching them watching you.

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.