yogib37

Why some AOS get process faster then others

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI

I been waiting for my wife's AOS to be aproved. It was transfered to CSC on May 30. it has been their since then untouched.

I have seen on this site other people's AOS getting approved when they were transfer their after mine. Why is it that they dont even look at mine case? I need her to have it approved or get her Advance parole approved.

I thought it was good to have it sent to CSC cause it was going to be a quick approval.

Just feeling we are being skipped over as others were getting approved

Thanks

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think it is unfair for you to expect an approval in less than a month. You don't have your timeline posted here. Maybe you have a good reason to complain but on the surface this appears to be some serious " whining ". There are many people here that have been waiting a long time. I don't think you will get much sympathy unless you have something better than waiting a month for your green card.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sadly we canceled plans to go to Canada this weekend to pick up my wifes kids for the summer because we didn't receive the AP yet. We had hoped to have it in the advertised 30-60 day window. My wife hasn't seen her 2 kids, friends or family since Apr 1, and lets just say she is a bit emotional about it.

The good news is that her sister is bringing them over the border for us, so we will get to enjoy the summer with them after all, still - I'm completely disenfranchised about the time it takes to process something so straightforward.

I get the fact that the 130 and 485 take time due to interaction with FBI/IRS and any number of other inept govt. agencys, but damn, throw me a bone here :)

AOS married to USC Filed to Chicago lockbox 130 131 765 485 4/10

Day 01-RD 4/25 - ND 4/25

Day 08-FP Notice 5/03

Day 15-FP BIO3 5/06

Day 23-LUD 130,131,765,485-5/18

Day 29-LUD 130,131,765,485-5/24

Day 36-RFE for i-485 5/31

Day 43-Mailed RFE 6/7

Day 54 6/18 Email from USCIS RFE RD 6/16

Day 55 LUD 485 6/19

Day 57 LUD 485 6/21

Day 76 LUD 131, 765 7/10

Day 77 EAD approved email 7/11

Day 81 EAD CARD REC'd !! 7/15

Applied for Social Security 7/21/06 - Re'd 8/25/06

Day 91 LUD 485 130 765 131 7/25/06

Day 93 LUD 485 130 765 131 7/27/06

Infopass appointment made 7/27, earliest date 8.10 @ 1PM

Infopass found that NBC lost our 131 photos, it was approved on 7/10!

They are using 485 photos to process the 131 and should have sent it

out to us on 8/11 --- RECEIVED AP 8/18 !! whoohoo

Appointment notice rec'd 7/28, GC interview 9/19 @ 1PM

APPROVED, given a 1 year stamp - told the card would be mailed right away :)

Rec'd 2yr conditional GC 10 days after interview :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You have to also remember that these service centers process thousand and thousand of petitions. I wish ours were the only one.

I am glad that your wife will have her kids, ask her if she would like another one that is 17?...lol

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I think it is unfair for you to expect an approval in less than a month. You don't have your timeline posted here. Maybe you have a good reason to complain but on the surface this appears to be some serious " whining ". There are many people here that have been waiting a long time. I don't think you will get much sympathy unless you have something better than waiting a month for your green card.

Let the person complain or "whine" as you put it.....this process is frustrating and what may seem quick to some may seem long to someone else. This is the exact place to have a bit of a whinge- to people who all understand. I'm so sick of someone looking for a bit of sympathy from people who should understand and having others jump on them to quit whining because other people have it so much worse off. If you think someone is "whining", don't bother reading and/or responding to their post.

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You are right. I apologize to the OP for my lack of compassion.

I have been here a long time. Through the years I have read some really gut wrenching stories of people that endured years of separation and spent 10s of thousands of dollars to reunite their families to no avail. I have seen a lot of unfair treatment of people by the USCIS and various other entities involved in this immigration process.

I shouldn't have belittled the OP's complaint. I imagine they have read some story about somebody passing quickly and they want to pass quickly also. I certainly didn't mean to imply that the OP should not have the green card within a month.

Let the person complain or "whine" as you put it.....this process is frustrating and what may seem quick to some may seem long to someone else. This is the exact place to have a bit of a whinge- to people who all understand. I'm so sick of someone looking for a bit of sympathy from people who should understand and having others jump on them to quit whining because other people have it so much worse off. If you think someone is "whining", don't bother reading and/or responding to their post.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: Timeline
HI

I been waiting for my wife's AOS to be aproved. It was transfered to CSC on May 30. it has been their since then untouched.

I have seen on this site other people's AOS getting approved when they were transfer their after mine. Why is it that they dont even look at mine case? I need her to have it approved or get her Advance parole approved.

I thought it was good to have it sent to CSC cause it was going to be a quick approval.

Thanks

I'm hoping that a csc transfer speeds up my case as well :huh:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

They do what ever they want when ever and there is not a dam thing we can do. Thank God there is a private sector in the U.S.

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

yogib,

Point of clarification - you don't know that nothing has been done on your case at the CSC, you know only that there have been no updates to the online status report for your case.

Yodrak

HI

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Look,

one person on this board got her Green card approved. She had her case transfer to CSC ONE FU^^^KING week after mine was, and 2 weeks later she had a welcome to USA letter.

Now if you cant say anything nice except for accusing me of whining.. SHUT YOU FUKCING PIE HOLE.

That is one reason I am so upset. I see other people getting aproved faster and they sent in AOS lot later then me.

It has not only been a month. It was transfer a month ago, I got my NOA1 Very early in March..

So it is not only one month.

yogib,

Point of clarification - you don't know that nothing has been done on your case at the CSC, you know only that there have been no updates to the online status report for your case.

Yodrak

HI

Thanks

That is true,

I just need a aproval either from AP or AOS. my step son has his visa already for the Manila consulate. It is in his passport. I need it so my wife can travel back to the Philippines and get him. I need to get him quick so I can have my wife regester him for school and she can get a job. I need help in that area.

she is also very bored staying at home all the time and watching TFC or playing computer games or chat to her sister..

thanks for the Reply.

Look,

one person on this board got her Green card approved. She had her case transfer to CSC ONE FU^^^KING week after mine was, and 2 weeks later she had a welcome to USA letter.

Now if you cant say anything nice except for accusing me of whining.. SHUT YOU FUKCING PIE HOLE.

That is one reason I am so upset. I see other people getting aproved faster and they sent in AOS lot later then me.

It has not only been a month. It was transfer a month ago, I got my NOA1 Very early in March..

So it is not only one month.

yogib, the poster apologized for their lack of compassion.

If you allow yourself to get upset everytime you see someone get approved quicker than you, you are either going to make yourself sick, or give yourself much more unneeded stess (been there, done that). Try not to think about it, you will drive yourself crazy, you will get approved when you get approved :) .

snip

Thanks

I am still waiting for my greencard, guess some are just luckier than others :whistle:

July 5, 2005 Married Las Vegas

AOS Process

Aug 5, 2005 AOS Sent as K2 Teenage Son arrived on August 6

NOA 1 arrived dated Aug 12, 2005 number on it differs by 1 digit from that on reverse of check so USCIS site now reflects the process

K2 needs EAD before SSN number will be assigned

Touched August 24 2005

Biometrics Appt letter arrives April 24 2006

Transfer to CSCE notified by email May 26 2006

Touched May 27 2006 then 6/7/8/9th June

Biometrics 2nd Appt for June 23

Welcome letter Mailed June 13 notified by email, arrives June 17 2006

Biometrics for Photo June 23

Touched June 23

June 24 Email from CRIS - Your card will be mailed as soon as it is ready

June 27 touched

June 28 Email your application was approved June 28

June 29 2006 Touched

GREENCARD

July 21 2006, Neighbour brought letter. Green Card 06/08/2006 no errors on it, was delivered to wrong mailbox, so I cancelled infopass for July 24 in Miami

USCIS and I have a date Mar 10 2008 to mail I-751

I have often seen that AOS cases xfer'ed to CSC get the GC without an Interview.. this makes you one of the lucky ones; I'm happy for you.

Some wait a year for a Visa; and some wait two years for a GC... It's the luck of the draw (ie: which country your visa is for; which local office your AOS is filed) for all of us... I feel bad for those who have to wait so long.

Good luck with a hopefully soon approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.