maset09

help! I'm afraid I might fail my medical exam!

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
hello everyone, im a newbie as you can see in my status. :) I dont know if im just a worry wart. Im so afraid that i could fail my med exam coz of my pre existing medical condition.

I have a thyroid problem and have it since birth. I have regular check up with my endocrinologist. Last May 2008, my condition has escalated to hyperthyroidism, so i started taking antithyroid until it comes back to normal level. Yes its normal now but, my goiter had enlarged compared to last year..My endocrinologist said that it needs to be operated. Me and my fiancee decided to have the operation performed in the US, since I have a multinodular goiter, quite complex.

I plan to get a certificate from my endocrinologist stating my condition,prognosis and meds taken and she will also state that we opt to have the operation in the US, after marriage. My doctor said that we have every right to chose, when and where we want to have the operation.

I will present it to the it to the physician on the day of my medical exam. Of course they will know my condition during the exam, I just figured that its better to have a certificate from the doctor.

what if they ask me to have the operation here in the philippines instead? that means it's gonna take longer for us to be together. or worse ; i'll fail the exam. does anyone have the same conditon as mine here? please. i cant sleep anymore thinking about this. :help:

No problem. They are concerned with incurable or untreated transmittable diseases. Polio, tubreculosis, etc.

hello everyone, im a newbie as you can see in my status. :) I dont know if im just a worry wart. Im so afraid that i could fail my med exam coz of my pre existing medical condition.

I have a thyroid problem and have it since birth. I have regular check up with my endocrinologist. Last May 2008, my condition has escalated to hyperthyroidism, so i started taking antithyroid until it comes back to normal level. Yes its normal now but, my goiter had enlarged compared to last year..My endocrinologist said that it needs to be operated. Me and my fiancee decided to have the operation performed in the US, since I have a multinodular goiter, quite complex.

I plan to get a certificate from my endocrinologist stating my condition,prognosis and meds taken and she will also state that we opt to have the operation in the US, after marriage. My doctor said that we have every right to chose, when and where we want to have the operation.

I will present it to the it to the physician on the day of my medical exam. Of course they will know my condition during the exam, I just figured that its better to have a certificate from the doctor.

what if they ask me to have the operation here in the philippines instead? that means it's gonna take longer for us to be together. or worse ; i'll fail the exam. does anyone have the same conditon as mine here? please. i cant sleep anymore thinking about this. :help:

No problem. They are concerned with incurable or untreated transmittable diseases. Polio, tubreculosis, etc.

The USA doesn't care if you shoose to have an operation here, they don't pay for it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you will be fine for your medical :) i was like u too when i had my medical because i have vitiligo which is a skin problem and a heart problem well slight heart problem but the doctor just asked me about it and she didnt ask any medical records or something... Good luck :)

August 6, 2009 - AOS Sent together with EAD and AP
August 17, 2009 - Received NOAs of AOS, EAD and AP
Sept. 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment
Sept. 24, 2009 - Received E-mail approval notice for EAD and AP
October 2, 2009 - AP on hand
October 3, 2009 - EAD card on hand
November 12, 2009 - Interview Date / Approved
November 23, 2009 - Green Card Received

March 21, 2012 - Lifting Conditions

May 22, 2013 - Citizenship

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

HI WELL I TOO HAVE A QUESTION REGARDING MEDICAL EXAM, WELL MY HUSBAND SHOULD BE DOING IT SOON, HE HAS PERFECT HEALTH AND EVERYTHING, BUT AFTER I MARRIED HIM IN ISRAEL THEN CAME BACK TO THE STATES, HE TOOK A LITTLE RAZOR AND PUT I MISS YOU ON HIS ARM. DO YOU THINK THIS WILL BE A PROBLEM DURING THE MEDICAL EXAM????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
HI WELL I TOO HAVE A QUESTION REGARDING MEDICAL EXAM, WELL MY HUSBAND SHOULD BE DOING IT SOON, HE HAS PERFECT HEALTH AND EVERYTHING, BUT AFTER I MARRIED HIM IN ISRAEL THEN CAME BACK TO THE STATES, HE TOOK A LITTLE RAZOR AND PUT I MISS YOU ON HIS ARM. DO YOU THINK THIS WILL BE A PROBLEM DURING THE MEDICAL EXAM????

:unsure:

He shouldn't worry.....but it makes me worry. Yowwie

Edited by cornbread

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

ok, given that i wont fail :D (thanks for making me calm down) how about the part where we plan to have the operation in the US? is that a good idea? we know its cheaper here, but we just dont want to get delayed further coz we plan to marry on the same date of his proposal, which is September 14 :wub: and there's still so many things to do :unsure: thanks again in advancec for the replies :luv:

hi maset,

I would suggest to have your operation done here in the philippines becoz its only cheaper here compare to USA.Aside from that, there is a laser surgery like radioactive. I have a hyperthyrodism too and had my radioactive last june 2008 and believe me the lump in my neck has totally gone after 2 months.Try to ask to your endocrinologist if you are advise to undergo radioactive. It's a bit expensive compare to the operation.

lyn

Naturalization:

December 27, 2012--N400 application sent
January 3, 2013 ---NOA Date
January 28, 2013 ----Biometrics
May 9, 2013---------Interview Schedule

July......Oath Taking Ceremony...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance has anemia, does anyone know if that will disqualify her at the medical exam and also we just found out her 20 year old daughter is pregnant and how will that affect the medical and interview.

please any advice

my fiance has anemia, does anyone know if that will disqualify her at the medical exam and also we just found out her 20 year old daughter is pregnant and how will that affect the medical and interview.

please any advice

oopps i forgot... i have anemia too and doctor didnt ask anything about it... don't worry u will be fine... as long as u dont have any communicable diseases. :)

August 6, 2009 - AOS Sent together with EAD and AP
August 17, 2009 - Received NOAs of AOS, EAD and AP
Sept. 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment
Sept. 24, 2009 - Received E-mail approval notice for EAD and AP
October 2, 2009 - AP on hand
October 3, 2009 - EAD card on hand
November 12, 2009 - Interview Date / Approved
November 23, 2009 - Green Card Received

March 21, 2012 - Lifting Conditions

May 22, 2013 - Citizenship

Actually, for us they wanted to know that a treatable condition (high blood pressure) was being treated, and gave him a letter for his doctor to send back for follow up. If you have a treatable condition and it is stable and you are attending checkups at the appropriate intervals, I would totally recommend that you bring evidence of this to your medical exam. Maybe you won't need it, but better than having your results held up while you get those records together or get your doctor to send them over.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

You probably won't be covered on his Health insurance until you becomes his wife. Your husband needs to check to see if his HI has a pre-existing clause. If so, then your condition will fall into the pre-existing clause. this is just a FYI,

Definitely check into that. You don't want to start your marriage out with 10,000's$ worth of medical bills if you aren't covered on his insurance. Make sure he checks into when you would be covered and what their policy on pre-existing conditions like yours is. I'd want to get it in writing if possible.

Ok. I will. Thanks for the heads up! :yes:

AOS Timeline:
10.19.09 - sent AOS package (I-485,I-131,I-765)
10.21.09 - delivered; received by: J.CHYBA
10.27.09 - NOA I-485, I-765 and I-131
10.28.09 - check cashed
11.06.09 - Biometrics Appointment letter received, dated October 30, 2009
11.10.09 - case transferred to CSC
11.24.09 - Biometrics appointment
12.10.09 - EAD and AP card production ordered
12.15.09 - I-765 card production ordered and I-485 approval notice
12.18.09 - greencard and AP in the mail!
12.19.09 - EAD card in the mail

I-175 Timeline
10.17.11 - Filed I-175
10.21.11 - NOA
12.19.11 - Biometrics
07.09.12 - Approved

N-400 Timeline

08.06.15 - Filed N-400

08.13.15 - Check Cashed

08.17.15 - NOA

09.04.15 - Biometrics

09.17.15 - Interview letter received

10.15.15 - Interview. Approved.

11.06.15 - Oath Taking Ceremony / US CITIZEN

ok, given that i wont fail :D (thanks for making me calm down) how about the part where we plan to have the operation in the US? is that a good idea? we know its cheaper here, but we just dont want to get delayed further coz we plan to marry on the same date of his proposal, which is September 14 :wub: and there's still so many things to do :unsure: thanks again in advancec for the replies :luv:

hi maset,

I would suggest to have your operation done here in the philippines becoz its only cheaper here compare to USA.Aside from that, there is a laser surgery like radioactive. I have a hyperthyrodism too and had my radioactive last june 2008 and believe me the lump in my neck has totally gone after 2 months.Try to ask to your endocrinologist if you are advise to undergo radioactive. It's a bit expensive compare to the operation.

lyn

really?! thats good to know. how long did the whole process go? will it take me a month, you know, like after the procedure, i need to be quarantined right? coz i thats radioactive! if its not too much to ask, can you give me a ballpark on the cost of radiocative therapy vs operation? just PM me pls. thank you so much :dance:

AOS Timeline:
10.28.09 - check cashed

I-175 Timeline
10.17.11 - Filed I-175
10.21.11 - NOA
12.19.11 - Biometrics
07.09.12 - Approved

N-400 Timeline

08.06.15 - Filed N-400

08.13.15 - Check Cashed

08.17.15 - NOA

09.04.15 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldn't be so sure:

(I) to have a physical or mental disorder and behavior associated with the disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others, or

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html

This little section has come back to haunt

YMMV

I had a thyroidectomy in 2001,during my medical,it asked on the form if i have medical problems and one of them was thyroid,so i checked it and was also asked by the doctor at slec,she just wrote it on my papers and didnt encounter problems out of it.no need to bring all your papers from your endocrinologist,you'll be ok.

good luck on your medical and interview :thumbs:

gosh, i hope ill have the same smooth experience :D thanks for the reply

AOS Timeline:
10.28.09 - check cashed

I-175 Timeline
10.17.11 - Filed I-175
10.21.11 - NOA
12.19.11 - Biometrics
07.09.12 - Approved

N-400 Timeline

08.06.15 - Filed N-400

08.13.15 - Check Cashed

08.17.15 - NOA

09.04.15 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I wouldn't be so sure:

(I) to have a physical or mental disorder and behavior associated with the disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others, or

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html

This little section has come back to haunt

Well, Doctor, a guy scratching "I miss you" in his arm is hardly OCD and no qualified physician would diagnose it as such. That is a very hard diagnosis to make and besides, last I checked OCD is NOT contagious.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well, Doctor, a guy scratching "I miss you" in his arm is hardly OCD and no qualified physician would diagnose it as such. That is a very hard diagnosis to make and besides, last I checked OCD is NOT contagious.

It may be true.... I didn't write the rules.... it is subjective at best... and a mental disorder is NOT contagious but in this section it does NOT to be....

If you are deemed to be a risk to yourself or anyone else, you could be denied....

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

hi maset,

lyn

really?! thats good to know. how long did the whole process go? will it take me a month, you know, like after the procedure, i need to be quarantined right? coz i thats radioactive! if its not too much to ask, can you give me a ballpark on the cost of radiocative therapy vs operation? just PM me pls. thank you so much :dance:

hi again,

For me i had 3 days quarantined in the hospital then after that u can go home.You didnt feel anything in neck at first, after a week u will noticed the lump got swollen a bit.Actually the cost radioactive depends upon the size of your goiter.if your goiter is small then u will get small dose only..for me i got 2 dosage and each dose cost more or less 15,000 plus the Isolated room in the hospital (the room is expensive than the other normal room), doctor's fee and etc.But before you undergo the radioactive you have to undergo thyroid scan and TSH first then 15 days iodine diet (walang salt sa pagkain, no eggs, bread, no dairy products.) The total cost more or less 60T..surgery is lesser but my gasgas kana sa neck mo tsaka parang 4 doctors yung mag assist sayo kase merong doc sa heart mo, the dugo mo, of course yung endoc mo nakalimutan ung isa.Actually my sis in law is now in manila para paopera sa goiter nya. Wla kase xang option for radioactive talagang surgery lang ang option nya.

So i would suggest sayo ask ka nlang sa endoc mo if ok ka maradioactive..if ok ka then go for it..dont worry about radioactive painomin kalang ng doctor mo ng gamot parang malaking capsule then after mo matake yun wala ng pwding lumapit sayo.hehehehehe..

lyn

Naturalization:

December 27, 2012--N400 application sent
January 3, 2013 ---NOA Date
January 28, 2013 ----Biometrics
May 9, 2013---------Interview Schedule

July......Oath Taking Ceremony...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.