nuknuk863

I-129F, #18(How did we met)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello, I am new to the site and trying to gather all the information I need before returning to visit my fiance'. I am not a very wordy person and I wanted to know how detailed I need to be for question 18 about how we met. I was able to provide a general statement in the area provided. Therefore, I was wondering if I need to provide a seperate page and if so should me and my fiance' sign that page.

Thank you for your assistance

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello, I am new to the site and trying to gather all the information I need before returning to visit my fiance'. I am not a very wordy person and I wanted to know how detailed I need to be for question 18 about how we met. I was able to provide a general statement in the area provided. Therefore, I was wondering if I need to provide a seperate page and if so should me and my fiance' sign that page.

Some people have gotten away with a few words, some people have gone overboard with pages and pages. I personally went with a couple of short paragraphs that provided the following information:

how and when you first met

how and when you first met in person (applicable if you met online)

when you were engaged

you may also want to list any other trips you made to see each other in the meantime.

If you are the USC, you are the one that will be filling out the form, so only you need to sign the extra page (which isn't necessary, but nice). Just make sure you reference the question number that you are answering, put your and your fiance's name on it.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

"Returning from a trip to Ukraine on September 19, 2007 I had an overnight layover in Prague, CZ. I met Alla in the airport while waiting in line to buy bus tickets." That was my explanation. I attached boarding pass copies and passport stamps for that trip and ONE photo of us together. Approved without RFE.

It did not quite fit in the space provided so I attached a separate sheet. I did not sign the sheet, I DID make clear it was an attachment for the answer to question 18. I put my name as petitioner on the heading of the separate sheet and Alla's name as beneficiary. I labeled it "Attachment A, answer to Question 18, I-129f"

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Definitely label any attached sheet as a continuation of the question. The optimal length (exhaustive completeness, actually) of the statement definitely depends on how "tough" your consulate (interview stage, down the road) will be. Consulates have been known to refuse to accept evidence brought to the interview and then issue a 221(g) for "lack of proof of relationship"; accordingly, it helps to "front-load" one's K-1 petition with some of this information, because then the consulate cannot deny its existence. Consult your regional VJ forum for specific advice about your consulate.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question 18 really does not provide much room and once printed off even less information can be seen. O would provide a separate sheet like the Guide for doing so at this site. I would be specific, but generalize the details. A little like writing a college term paper. Write it so the reader knows what, where, how, who, and that you met the love of your life. That way it makes it more interesting and the words help draw word pictures in the mind of the reader.

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

A little like writing a college term paper.

Oops. You really mean like one or two sentences, right?

This is not a section for your personal history. Just answer the question. Here's what I wrote (more or less from memory):

"We at online agency and exchanged emails addresses. We then emailed, made phone calls, text messaging, and almost daily Skype (internet video conferencing) calls. Then from February 14 - 24, we met in Kiev, Ukraine."

With a reduced size font, this can easily be copied and pasted into the box for Q 18.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline
Just answer the question. Here's what I wrote (more or less from memory):

"We at online agency and exchanged emails addresses. We then emailed, made phone calls, text messaging, and almost daily Skype (internet video conferencing) calls. Then from February 14 - 24, we met in Kiev, Ukraine."

Again, this may NOT be enough for some consulates. The OP should consult the appropriate Regional forum for insights.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just answer the question. Here's what I wrote (more or less from memory):

Again, this may NOT be enough for some consulates. The OP should consult the appropriate Regional forum for insights.

True enough. It may be plenty for the petition, and that is the OPs question, however a brief description such as mine or Barron's may be questioned deeply in some consulates at the interview stage. Not knowing any better, I was lucky to deal with Kiev, and I do not think Moscow will be a problem for Barron, but Tbone had quite a different experience. If your study of the consulate you will deal with suggest otherwise, then be as detailed as you like. Read the consulate reviews for the consulate you will use and read the regional forums.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
I do not think Moscow will be a problem for Barron
I have heard, before and very recently, that Moscow is a fairly easy experience. Remember, however, that the State Department can transfer new personnel into any Immigrant Visa Unit anywhere in the world, at any time, and policies and practices can change without a moment's notice. Given this reality, I would always choose to err on the side of caution.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.