ZouhairPatriciaB

income for i-134

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Gross income. Use the AGI from your tax return for past years.

You can include child support.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
does anyone know if they go by gross pay or net? and do they include child support for income?

Gross. Line 22 of the 1040 income tax return. PLUS your child support which is not claimed on your income tax. You need to document that the child support is court ordered and it is being collected (copy of court order and checks from payments) When filling out the form combine your employment income with your child support to arrive at the "annual income figure" and list your employment plus child support as the source. Attach a separate sheet if needed.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
does anyone know if they go by gross pay or net? and do they include child support for income?

Gross. Line 22 of the 1040 income tax return. PLUS your child support which is not claimed on your income tax. You need to document that the child support is court ordered and it is being collected (copy of court order and checks from payments) When filling out the form combine your employment income with your child support to arrive at the "annual income figure" and list your employment plus child support as the source. Attach a separate sheet if needed.

thanks, my child support comes by direct deposit, so do i send in back statements for that?

Timeline

thanks, my child support comes by direct deposit, so do i send in back statements for that?

Yes. Whatever you have as proof of it being paid. Child support is "acceptable income" but like all income is subject to being considered or not by the consulate. The consulate must determine your fiance will not be a public charge. It is vague and subjective. "Making enough" is not a guarantee. Though it is virtually impossible without making enough. If the child support is ordered, but not collected, I doubt they would count it as income. If the court order is for child support of $xxx per month until the child is 18 and the child is now 17, they may also not consider it. But you should definitely count it. There are no specific guidelines for income considered for the I-134, but there are for the I-864 and most consulates use that as a guide. The only sources of income NOT accepted for the I-864 is public welfare payments, student loans, but I have not seen where other forms of temporary income (such as unemployment) have been solely accepted either. If someone knows of this, please post it as it is becoming a more FAQ.

If your income from your regular job is enough, you do not need to mention child support.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
If your income from your regular job is enough, you do not need to mention child support.

I would mention the child support, if court ordered, documentable and long lasting (not much good with six months left on the order etc.) unless the earned income far surpasses the minimum required.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Question on the i-134 form?

I took off half of 2008 and started working in July 2008 making well above the income level needed. However since I took off 7 months my tax return from 2008 level doesnt show it. My letter of employment does show it and I also photocopied 4 months of current pay check stubs. Will this be ok??

Thanks

Timeline
Question on the i-134 form?

I took off half of 2008 and started working in July 2008 making well above the income level needed. However since I took off 7 months my tax return from 2008 level doesnt show it. My letter of employment does show it and I also photocopied 4 months of current pay check stubs. Will this be ok??

Thanks

You will find it better to get answers to post your own question.

You should be fine. Just present everything you mention to show current income.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.