gsebia

Reason for Rejection ?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

OK, I should have spent more time on this site prior to submitting..I thought I was as thorough as possible but, maybe I went over board. In my submission I put a section labeled 'Evidence of Support" w/ copies of Western Union wire transfers every month for $250. My intention was to show ongoing relationship (but, I didn't state that) and, the true reason is - there was NO WAY could have stayed in the aprtment she had when we first met..The Marriot was costing me $2,000 a week and, I made 5 trips..

Also, I think got the answer to the second mistake - but the more feed back the better..I answered the question for her Father's name as 'Deceased - Unknowm)..he died when she was very young and, she was raised by grandparents. I just found his name buried on the back of her birth Certificate which I included in the I129F..

Will these draw "Red Flags" and have me rejected ?

Feedback please - I am going on 3 years (2 of which was getting her paperwork straight (BC's and Divorce) in Peru just to get to this point..

APPROVED, NOTHING COMPLICATE!!!!! GOOD LUCK.

If you are still on the USCIS stage, if they need something you will get an RFE (Request for Evidence).

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Timeline

Thanks for the response..I just recieved my NA01 on May 1, 2009..I did take alot of the examples VJ supplied but, I never read the posts in the forum yp dee what was happening in realtime,

This site is a great tool..Id there a link or, area that shows 'Rejections" and, reasons ? Simliar to the Igor area that has timelines and stats..It is 3am (EST) and, this has me very worried. How does an RFE work - Do they call me or, send a mailing ? How long can an RFE delay the process..

You folks are all great on this site..I guess we are in the same boat...

Good luck./

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

the biggest red flag that i see right now and you might get burned during the interview process is you sending money, usually for K-1 even though you send money you should not mention it, it could be mis-understood.... i doubt her dad's info will cause problem at the USCIS process, because this is mainly about you and if you have met your fiancee prior before filing. from now on make sure you put the correct info for her dad...

Edited by HelloWorld08
UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Timeline

Thanks for the feedback. It's late and my spelling is deteriorating..but, where and what stage do you thinnkI may get burned at ? any suggetsions on trouncing the fire before it starts ? and, will I get burned since I the USC is sending the money to the benficiary? Wik there be a piont where we explain the aprtment we have ?

thanks again

Timeline
Thanks for the feedback. It's late and my spelling is deteriorating..but, where and what stage do you thinnkI may get burned at ? any suggetsions on trouncing the fire before it starts ? and, will I get burned since I the USC is sending the money to the benficiary? Wik there be a piont where we explain the aprtment we have ?

thanks again

you may or may not get burned, this will be during the interview process,if the VO(Visa Officer) decides to ask questions, your fiancee better have a good answer...

i'll copy and paste what i said in your other posting.

either or sending money is a red flag because either or could benefit from this process. USC sends Benficiary money, could be mis-understood as buying a wife. Beneficiary sending money to USC could be mis-understood as buying a green card...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for the response..I just recieved my NA01 on May 1, 2009..I did take alot of the examples VJ supplied but, I never read the posts in the forum yp dee what was happening in realtime,

This site is a great tool..Id there a link or, area that shows 'Rejections" and, reasons ? Simliar to the Igor area that has timelines and stats..It is 3am (EST) and, this has me very worried. How does an RFE work - Do they call me or, send a mailing ? How long can an RFE delay the process..

Good luck./

On the forum main page theres an RFE master list. First sticky topic at the top of the page. If you do get an RFE (although like Helloworld said its unlikely that if you get an rfe it will be for not having her fathers name) you will receive a notice in the mail asking you for additional evidence. Sometimes you will receive an e-mail and be able to view it online with your case status.

An RFE on average (according to igors list) will delay the process about a month. The good news about RFE's however is that it means someone has been assigned to your case and you are very close to getting an NOA2 provided you return the RFE with the requested information.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Timeline

Good luck./

On the forum main page theres an RFE master list. First sticky topic at the top of the page. If you do get an RFE (although like Helloworld said its unlikely that if you get an rfe it will be for not having her fathers name) you will receive a notice in the mail asking you for additional evidence. Sometimes you will receive an e-mail and be able to view it online with your case status.

An RFE on average (according to igors list) will delay the process about a month. The good news about RFE's however is that it means someone has been assigned to your case and you are very close to getting an NOA2 provided you return the RFE with the requested information.

you will get an email, the email will tell you that USCIS has sent an RFE letter, and when you view online it will tell you the samething as in the email. You will have to wait for the actual letter to arrive to your home to know the reason...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
OK, I should have spent more time on this site prior to submitting..I thought I was as thorough as possible but, maybe I went over board. In my submission I put a section labeled 'Evidence of Support" w/ copies of Western Union wire transfers every month for $250. My intention was to show ongoing relationship (but, I didn't state that) and, the true reason is - there was NO WAY could have stayed in the aprtment she had when we first met..The Marriot was costing me $2,000 a week and, I made 5 trips..

Also, I think got the answer to the second mistake - but the more feed back the better..I answered the question for her Father's name as 'Deceased - Unknowm)..he died when she was very young and, she was raised by grandparents. I just found his name buried on the back of her birth Certificate which I included in the I129F..

Will these draw "Red Flags" and have me rejected ?

Feedback please - I am going on 3 years (2 of which was getting her paperwork straight (BC's and Divorce) in Peru just to get to this point..

Now, the father's name is a non-issue and you asked it in another thread (one question per subject is plenty)

As far as evidence of support...also a non-issue. It is not required for the petition and will be more or less ignored. It will be forwarded with the package to the consulate. Some people, dealing with difficult consulates (don't know about Peru) send as much evidence as possible with the petition so that it ends up on "the other side of the glass" at he interview. At any rate, it won't hurt anything, won't help anything.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

thanks again

I disagree,but if there is some consulate spoecific info on this I will be gladly concede the point.

Sending $10,000 one time could be seen as "buying a bride", sending $39.95 after every phone conversation could be viewed as phone sex, but seding $250 per month or week or whatever, can be seen as to adults discussing finances and planning a budget to support two households until they can be together the same way you would if your fiancee lived in another neighborhood of toen instead of another hemisphere! This would be my explanation.

"I am a responsible man in love with this woman and as responsible adults we developed a budget so that we could both live comfortably until we could be together" Budgets and financial plans are a big part of being a grown up.

I proudly presented my Western Union money transfers at the interview and no one even cared to look at them. For the petition it is absolutely a non-issue.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I sent copies of western union also. She is my wife and I want her to have what she needs. She has never asked but I send her $300 a month just because. She has her interview this tuesday but up to this point all has been approved with out RFE,s so I have not seen any problems from it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I would second about the father's name being an non-issue and Gary & Alla's response should be the basis of your beneficiary's statements at the interview.

I'd suggest you gather together all the other standard documentation that the guides list as proof on an on-going relationship and keep the money thing in the background as much as possible.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

the biggest red flag that i see right now and you might get burned during the interview process is you sending money, usually for K-1 even though you send money you should not mention it, it could be mis-understood.... i doubt her dad's info will cause problem at the USCIS process, because this is mainly about you and if you have met your fiancee prior before filing. from now on make sure you put the correct info for her dad...

I send money all the time by W/U can that be mis-understood on a K3? After all I have a wife and a baby to take care of.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

I send money all the time by W/U can that be mis-understood on a K3? After all I have a wife and a baby to take care of.

K-3 is normal because you are sending money to support your WIFE :thumbs: this is actually a plus because it shows that you care about your wife and it gives your brownie points for the "bonafide Relationship"

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.