rwaggs21

Does being a federal special agent benefit me in applying for a K-1 visa

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am a federal agent and am compiling the K-1 Visa for my babe in Thailand. Does it pay to be a federal agent? She has lived in England and is completely bi-lingual. I guess what i am asking is do I need an immigration attorney for this or does the fact that i have top secret clearance grant me some leeway?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Definately. Without a doubt.

AoS...EaD...AP Journey

09.28.09 - AoS Packet Sent

09.29.09 - Packet Received

10.05.09 - Noa1 x's 3

10.06.09 - Check Cashed

10.09.09 - 3 Noa Hard Copies Arrive

10.14.09 - Biometrics Letter Arrives

10.21.09 - Case Transferred to CSC

10.26.09 - Transfer Letter Arrives

10.27..09 - Touched & Added to Uscis Site

10.28.09 - Walk-In Biometrics Done & Touched

10.29.09 - Touched

10.30.09 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment

11.02 & 11.03.09 - I485 touched

11.12.09 - EaD & AP Approved

11.16.09 - AP Letter Arrives in Mail

11.21.09 - EaD Card Arrives in Mail

12.09.09 - AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12.09.08 - 12.09.09 - Exactly 1 year from K1 first Noa to Aos Approval

Next Step....

Lifting Conditions 9.07.11

x.xThe universe may not always play fair, but at least it's got a hell of a sense of humor x.x

I am a federal agent and am compiling the K-1 Visa for my babe in Thailand. Does it pay to be a federal agent? She has lived in England and is completely bi-lingual. I guess what i am asking is do I need an immigration attorney for this or does the fact that i have top secret clearance grant me some leeway?

Federal Agent or not you have to go through the process just like everyone else. Military members ALL have some type of security clearence, I know because I'm a veteran, but they still all have to go through this visa process the same as everyone else, It's up to you if you hire a lawyer or do it yourself

Edited by IamGodsProperty

I have top secret clearance also and my process went fast and smooth. Not much faster than others tho. No problem with name checks.

No need a lawyer. K1 is easy. Just ask questions here and follow the guides.

Main thing is to make multiple trips and keep good communication records showing you have a bona fide relationship for the embassy interview.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Do i need to get an immigration attorney?

I'll sub for Gary. I am not advising or not advising you to get an attorney. (That is my disclaimer for all you lawyer lovers.) I will however tell you that my attorney delayed my case for 3 months minimum. Also, I had to correct no less than 10 of his mistakes. I caught these mistakes thanks to this website.

Because of the fact you will have to send all you paperwork to your attorney, and then have him send it in, that is a delay that you can do nothing about. My attorney decided to wait two months before sending my petition in even though he had all the required documentation.

Also, if you want to fire an attorney, that is another mess as well. Once you fill out the G-28, all requests etc. will go to your attorney, not you.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I have top secret clearance also and my process went fast and smooth. Not much faster than others tho. No problem with name checks.

Main thing is to make multiple trips and keep good communication records showing you have a bona fide relationship for the embassy interview.

OK, you are the guy I want to talk to. I am getting ready to send in the initial packet to the USCIS. I am following the steps presented here. What is the next thing you would recommend? Start saving my emails and printing them out? We IM every day, start saving that? How much of each?? And how long did it take you by the way?

OK, you are the guy I want to talk to. I am getting ready to send in the initial packet to the USCIS. I am following the steps presented here. What is the next thing you would recommend? Start saving my emails and printing them out? We IM every day, start saving that? How much of each?? And how long did it take you by the way?

Hopefully you have LOTS of pictures of you, her and you her and her friends and family. If not. Get on the plane!

Get a long distance phone service with call records and make a short call everyday. Yeah print out emails. You'll only need a representative 2 or 3 a month but "more ammothe better".

THe initial petition is easy. You only have to prove you've met in person in the last 2 years.

The biggy is the embassy interview. That's when you/she has to prove you have a bona fide loving relationship.

Takes about + or - 7 months for a K1 now if done proberly.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

you can try www.telna.com. low cost long distance phone company that provides monthly long distance phone statement

I-129F Sent : 4/23/2006

I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 05/04/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 06/23/2006

Approved 7/26/2006

VISA APPROVED FINALLY 10/16/2006

Married on Dec 19th 2006......

AOS-starts Jan 18th 2007

NOA1 received on 01/24/2007

Fingerprint schedule 02/09/2007

RFE sent to me 01/30/2007

RFE received 02/12/2007, Case resumes

AOS interview scheduled 04/25/2007 and APPROVED

Welcome notice mailed 04/26/2007

Welcome Notice received 04/30/2007

Card production ordered 04/30/2007

Card received 05/06/07

Removing Condition

I-751 mailed 1/26/2009

Check cashed 1/29/2009

I-751 NOA1 (Receipt) : 02/02/2009

Fingerprint letter received on 02/04/2009

Fingerprint schedule 02/13/2009 (Completed in 20 minutes)

NOA touched 2/13, 2/16 , 2/17

RFE issued 03/28/2009

RFE received 04/01/2009

RFE sent 04/04/2009

I-751 Approved ( decison made ) 04/24/2009

Appproval letter received 04/30/2009

Card production ordered 06/16/2009

10 Year Green Card received 07/02/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

there are alot of govt employess on here, its more of a question of the (other) persons background and past im sure process will be the same for all and you dont need a lawyer. If you read around you will see they cant make it faster, and are usually the ones making the mistakes on others papers or slowing the process. You have to gather and submit the evidences you might as well be the one to send it in and be in control of your own case.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

agreed that 95% of the inspection is about her, not you.

agreed that your "relationship" should be substantial, and documentable.

agreed that you should spend some serious time with this girl before marrying her.

submitted that if your relationship is in any way more interesting than the typical "met on the net", you should provide an introductory coverletter to your application with an outline and evidence of your "in person" relationship basis. Front loading your petition with such a cover letter and evidence will get you an easier pink, and an easier green.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

first bolded - i have no idea, but i'd suggest one start by checking one's bank balance to make a further determination.

second bolded - that's a judgement call you'll have to make. usually a straightforward case does not require one. one example that would not be straightforward is where one member has a criminal record.

third bolded - no. and i do hope you've reported the "close and continued contact with a foreign national" thru your security office channels.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.