th3mo

HOW TO TRACK YOUR CASE FROM NVC TO EMBASSY

376 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not a problem ! I am not sure how things work in London consulate but I do hope your case is in one of those packages. Since there is no way to look up what actually was sent, it just ends up being a guessing game. At the least, you should be hearing something within 3-5 business days from the consulate and if you don't start calling them I guess smile.png

Me too..thanks. :) we are sort of going for it to try to make an 8/9 date...medical is friday, forms are being sent friday and the congressman's office is trying to help us get an expedited interview...chances are about 2% but you have to try right? (thanks to TSC holding our cases for weeks grrr - we wouldn't be in this position).

Uh, you took my quote completely out of context. If you go back to the original post, I'm assuming I was talking to someone who was an IR-1/CR-1 applicant and not a K1 applicant like yourself. Two different visas, two different processes. IR-1/CR-1 cases go through NVC and only after an interview date is scheduled is the case sent out to the embassy/consulate. K1s on the other hand don't really deal with NVC; you don't pay fees or send packages. Your case is just sent right along to the embassy/consulate.

oops - sorry saylin. :o thanks for setting me straight!

Timeline

I saw it now it's showing...

smile.png))) It's getting closer... I wonder once they have it, how long it normally takes for them to process and have our case number in system...

Waybill: 8765411152Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Origin Service Area: arrow.gifBOSTON, MA - PORTSMOUTH - USA

Destination Service Area: arrow.gifLAMBETH - LONDON W1A - UK Wednesday, July 24, 2013 Location Time 7 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 7:44 PM

6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 6:19 AM
5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 5:45 AM
4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 2:22 AM
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 Location Time 3 Departed Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 11:36 PM
2 Processed at BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 11:34 PM
1 Shipment picked up BOSTON, MA - USA 2:31 PM
Shipment Details... g_arrow_red.gif Help From To Shipment Information U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth , NH 03801

United States of America London W1a , United Kingdom Ship Date: 07/23/2013

Pieces: 2

Total Weight: 34.6 lbs Note on Weight

Ship Type: Document

Shipment Reference: EXP 22 JUL 2013A

Service: EXPRESS WORLDWIDE doc

Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

This one was signed for today at 10:01am. The other one that pacharya posted that could be mine was signed for yesterday at 9:50am...so I'm thinking mine should have been in one of those packages.

I wonder how long it's been taking from arrival to log in at London these days...

Timeline

This one was signed for today at 10:01am. The other one that pacharya posted that could be mine was signed for yesterday at 9:50am...so I'm thinking mine should have been in one of those packages.

I wonder how long it's been taking from arrival to log in at London these days...

Yes I think we are all guessing now and hoping one of these packages is ours... :) either way both were signed and arrived at same location so that is a good thing. Let's hope the DOS website status changes to READY soon and maybe we can start calling the Embassy to confirm. Can my Fiance call or should the U.S. Call for any request or inquiry. I imagine they just need the CASE number starting with LND********** we are hoping they can expedite our interview due to my Fiance's student visa almost expiring in just a few months.

Timeline

Yes I think we are all guessing now and hoping one of these packages is ours... smile.png either way both were signed and arrived at same location so that is a good thing. Let's hope the DOS website status changes to READY soon and maybe we can start calling the Embassy to confirm. Can my Fiance call or should the U.S. Call for any request or inquiry. I imagine they just need the CASE number starting with LND********** we are hoping they can expedite our interview due to my Fiance's student visa almost expiring in just a few months.

yes we are :)

I wonder how long it usually takes from the package arriving to our status changing from In Transit to Ready.

I think when dealing with the USCIS/NVC/DOS it's the USC and when it's the Embassy, it's the beneficiary but I'm not positive of that.

Timeline

yes we are smile.png

I wonder how long it usually takes from the package arriving to our status changing from In Transit to Ready.

I think when dealing with the USCIS/NVC/DOS it's the USC and when it's the Embassy, it's the beneficiary but I'm not positive of that.

Do you know if they answer inquiries by email or just through their phone system?

• 2 weeks later...

Please can someone help me track mine? I read all of the instructions and gone to the right page, and it keeps saying that it can't find mine!

Ok so mine was sent out today (literally changed to transit in the last couple of hours)

I put in:

EXP 07 AUG 2013A

Date range from 06 aug 2013 to 08 aug 2013

Left the account number blank

And sending to the UK.

please, what am I doing wrong?

01-12-2008 - Met at University in Scotland

01-09-2009 - Moved in together

10-10-2012 - Married in South Africa

05-02-2013 - I-130 Sent

08-02-2013 - I-130 NOA1 email

11-02-2013 - Online case status change - Initial Review

14-02-2013 - I-130 NOA1 hard copy I-797

14-05-2013 - I-130 APPROVED ONLINE!!

10-06-2013 - NVC received case

21-06-2013 - Case number

21-06-2013 - DS3032 emailed, Supervisor review 27-01-2013

27-06-2013 - AOS invoiced

27-06-2013 - AOS paid

29-06-2013 - AOS sent

01-07-2013 - DS3032 approved

02-07-2013 - IV invoiced

02-07-2013 - IV paid

03-07-2013 - IV sent

24-07-2013 - AOS approved

29-07-2013 - IV approved

26-07-2013 - Case complete

25/07/2013: Medical Test

08/08/2013: Package sent to embassy

12/08/2013: Package received by embassy(In the UK on 10/08/2013, but embassy not open Saturday)

10/09/2013: Interview Date

13/09/2013: Passport in hand

16/09/2013: Ticket to USA

mazapoint.com*wp-content*uploads*2011*03

Please can someone help me track mine? I read all of the instructions and gone to the right page, and it keeps saying that it can't find mine!

Ok so mine was sent out today (literally changed to transit in the last couple of hours)

I put in:

EXP 07 AUG 2013A

Date range from 06 aug 2013 to 08 aug 2013

Left the account number blank

And sending to the UK.

please, what am I doing wrong?

It can take a day or two to appear on DHL's site, especially if it was JUST sent out. You need to be patient and wait a bit. Try again later tonight or tomorrow.

It can take a day or two to appear on DHL's site, especially if it was JUST sent out. You need to be patient and wait a bit. Try again later tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you Saylin!! I didn't realise it would take a little while to show up, that makes sense :) I just thought I was doing something wrong :D

I'll check back later!

Thank you for your help!

01-12-2008 - Met at University in Scotland

01-09-2009 - Moved in together

10-10-2012 - Married in South Africa

05-02-2013 - I-130 Sent

08-02-2013 - I-130 NOA1 email

11-02-2013 - Online case status change - Initial Review

14-02-2013 - I-130 NOA1 hard copy I-797

14-05-2013 - I-130 APPROVED ONLINE!!

10-06-2013 - NVC received case

21-06-2013 - Case number

21-06-2013 - DS3032 emailed, Supervisor review 27-01-2013

27-06-2013 - AOS invoiced

27-06-2013 - AOS paid

29-06-2013 - AOS sent

01-07-2013 - DS3032 approved

02-07-2013 - IV invoiced

02-07-2013 - IV paid

03-07-2013 - IV sent

24-07-2013 - AOS approved

29-07-2013 - IV approved

26-07-2013 - Case complete

25/07/2013: Medical Test

08/08/2013: Package sent to embassy

12/08/2013: Package received by embassy(In the UK on 10/08/2013, but embassy not open Saturday)

10/09/2013: Interview Date

13/09/2013: Passport in hand

16/09/2013: Ticket to USA

mazapoint.com*wp-content*uploads*2011*03

Thank you Saylin!! I didn't realise it would take a little while to show up, that makes sense smile.png I just thought I was doing something wrong biggrin.png

I'll check back later!

Thank you for your help!

Yeah, it usually takes awhile for it to show up. It's the same with any package on any courier site. They don't update as fast/often as we want :P;)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

QUOTE (ScottThuy @ Oct 17 2009, 05:43 AM)

QUOTE (Wait_A_Minute @ Oct 16 2009, 08:31 PM)

QUOTE (ScottThuy @ Oct 16 2009, 07:21 PM)

The date code needs to be for the previous business day. Example.. if it shipped today 10/16/2009 the ref code would be EXP15 OCT 2009A

There are 3 letter codes.. A, B and C.. each needs to be run individually. The ref code EXP15 OCT 2009A will only yield results of shipments from today. mondays code will be EXP16 OCT 2009A

Interesting....My case is still in the midst of being processed at NVC however I am curious to know how this works. In the DHL site, there are two mandory fields Reference # and Date. How are you guys tracking the package? What is supposed to the reference #? When I put Reference # EXP 15 OCT 2009A, I am getting an error stating it's invalid??

I missed a space EXP 15 OCT 2009A leave the date at what they had it set at when the page opened.. insert the ref code and 03801 as the zip code

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef

Just tried and it works fine

thanks for keeping this topic up to date for the new ones GOOD LUCK everybody

I'm trying and its worked but still confused, the sender from boston and destination is jakarta (this is the usem embassy in indonesia for my interview), my question is NVC is in Boston?as i read on embassy letter, the visa will be proses on nvc in new hamphire..or if I'm wrong, where is state or city the nvc office?..if anyone from indonesia, i seen the name received all the packet is Monika or Selina..still don't know if our case already in usem or no..help me please..

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I was playing around with the dates and I think NVC sends out their mails everyday.

For example:

Track by Shipper's Reference

http://www.dhl-usa.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html

Shipment Reference: EXP 29 AUG 2013A

Date range for shipment - From: 01-08-2013

Date range for shipment - To: 04-09-2013

Account number: (left blank)

Shipment destination: Vietnam

I was able to get the shipment result:

- picked up by DHL on Aug 30, 2013

- delivered to HCM by Sep 3, 2013

None of the September dates are working yet. Not sure why we need/want to do this since we can't track our individual case by this method, anyway.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

My case was shipped to the Embassy from the NVC on September 4. I am trying to track it using the directions provided here, and it does not workunsure.png . I track by shipper's reference at DHL and it yields nothingsad.png . So, I put it this way: EXP 03 SEP 2013A. The shipment destination: Algeria. I also tried: EXP 04 SEP 2013A, for both tries the website gave me: "No result found for your query"helpsmilie.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My case was shipped to the Embassy from the NVC on September 4. I am trying to track it using the directions provided here, and it does not workunsure.png . I track by shipper's reference at DHL and it yields nothingsad.png . So, I put it this way: EXP 03 SEP 2013A. The shipment destination: Algeria. I also tried: EXP 04 SEP 2013A, for both tries the website gave me: "No result found for your query"helpsmilie.gif

I think it will take 3-4 days to arrive your Consulate. So wait till tomorrow or the next Monday. When it arrives, you can see the arrival date, and receiver's name (example: the bodyguard's name, and his signature).

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.