22 posts in this topic

:yes: Living like a refugee is defeating the whole purpose of living in "the land of the free". Please love your friend enough to talk her into doing the right thing

She was already in the country illegally when she tried to adjust her status with a fraudulent marriage, right?

It doesnt sound like she has a legal leg to stand on.

She can either go home on her own, or live in fear of being caught and deported.

Options to stay? Only one: a legitimate marriage to a US citizen prior to her being removed. Or, alternatively, an employment-based immigrant petition. Does she have any skills?

That may no longer be an option. Most likely they initiated removal proceedings following the denial. If a new marriage is after removal proceedings have been initiated, the marriage would not normally make her eligible for adjustment without a hearing before an immigration judge.

John - do you have any reference to this? I would like to learn more! Thanks!

Are you going to make me work again today? If I get a bit of time during the day today, I'll find the reference.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I am going to be real crass. SHE IS ILLEGALL SEND HER HOME OR PUT HER IN JAIL SHE IS A CRIMINAL!!!!! and yes the caps are on purpose. Fraud illegal entry lieing and all paying for it? these are the people we DONT want in our country.

We work so hard to do it right and its becasue of these kind of people that our process is so long difficult and expensive. Am I judging? Hell yeah The only help I would give this person is a ride to the nearest immigration office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

As a 40 something y/o woman who feels compassion for those who manage to get to the US by whatever means are available to them, legal or illegal, and who understands that the US bears some responsibility for the conditions in many other parts of the world that make people flee their home country, I hope you are able to help this woman.

Try googling: "Catholic Charities" immigration __________ (fill in the nearest city)

It is my understanding that CC will try to help any immigrant regardless of their faith.

Best wishes,

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

If your friend has an EAD with a valid date it will expire and she may get in trouble if she tries to renew it again.

Even if she can find a lawyer I don't see what he/she can do for her. You are right is an ugly situation.

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.