eltemp

May 2009 VSC K-1 Fillers

1,119 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

How did the interview go eltemp??

Do keep us posted. Rooting for the rest of our May VSC family.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I pretty much have all the paperwork done and ready now. Just waiting for the interview. Weighed my backpack which Im bringing to the interview full of visa forms, medical forms, relationship proof and affidavit of support. It all came up to 10 lbs! *whine*

God my back is going to hurt.

N-400 Stuff:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Whats up Yall,

I got a question. Has the majority of early may filers recieved the p3? I recieved the NOA2 Sept 1st, and the hard copy from NVC on sept 16th, Im getting a little nervous because my fiancee hasn't the p3 yet, looking at timelines I think she might should have it by now.

We have received both packet 3 and 4. You should have it by now actually. I recommend contacting the embassy and inquiring about it. We had to have packet 3 emailed to us because it took so long to come by mail. Packet 4 came a week and a half after it was mailed.

Thanks, First thing in the morning Im contacting the embassy. I had a feeling she should have recieved the packet by now.

Guangzhou gets a little slow sometimes. I have not received any information since 16 September's NOA 2.

Yeah Ive been hearing how Guangzhou is much slower than other consulates, I guess we could make the best of it and use the time to go through all our paperwork with a fine toothed comb. We'll probably be there about the same time.

I go through my paper work often, and waiting on Guz P3, so I can get get my documents updated and notarized before I send them to my Fiancee. Seems like I often find a date or 1 piece of information to correct or make better. Everyone here and on the CFL website has been a great asset. :thumbs:

April 2008 Met online ..................... March 2010.. 3 week visit......... 19 Nov...Sent DS230 & I-864

April 2009 Met in Chongqing .......... 09 March 2010 .. Marry.................17Dec...NVC lost 230 and 864

04 May 09 Apply K1 .................... 10 April .. Apply CR1....................20Dec..NVC found 230

18 May 09 NOA 1......................... 20 April... NOA1...........................28Dec..sent more 864 docs

16 Sep 09 NOA 2......................... 06 Oct..... NOA2...........................2011

08 Nov 09 P3................................... 21 Oct..... Have Case #..............21 Jan...SIF

06 Dec 09 P4............................... 30 OCt..... Have DS-3032...............26 Jan .. CC

29 Dec 09. Interview..................... 1 Nov..... email Ds-3032...............1 Apr, 3 week visit

29 Dec,,,,No Visa.......................... 1 Nov......paid AOS.......................4 May Interview.Approved..

9 Aug 2010 I-129F ended.............. 5 Nov......paid IV.........,,,,,,,,,,, ..... 28 June, Received Visa

............................................................................................................22 July, arrive USA..

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey guys... this is what my fiancee and I wrote as our review for the interview which pretty much sums up our experience there...

Get at least 2 1/2 hrs before your appointment. go to the main gate of the Embassy where the regular applicants make their payments, there you'll go through their security checkups, then you go inside and do another security checkup...then you'll take a ticket, located between windows 12-13, and wait for your number to be call, keep in mind that is only the last two digits of the ticket that are to be called...

Regarding the forms...make sure you have them filled out, signed, and separated. Make sure you only hand out what you are being asked (they lady hat took care of me was respectul, but a little rude). Make sure you have at least two (2) copies of each paperwork you submit. Also, your birth cercificate and the criminal background are apostilled by the entities in Venezuela (this is better explained in the US embassy website), and the four (4) pictures (in Venezuela you'll ask to have VISA size pictures, 5 cm by 5 cm. The lady, after taking all those documents, she will direct you to pay the respective fee, and then you go to the first security check point to get your fingerprints done...

After getting them done, you'll have to go through the second check point, again, and submit a little receipt back to the person who took care of you. Then, you jusy have to WAIT, and WAIT some more... until your name is called and you will have another person interview you. In my case I was with my USC fiance, which I think it helped because she only asked us my basic info (DOB, full name) when did we meet, and how...then asked how many times has my fiance visited me.. and lastly she told us if we were willing to get married within 90 days of my arrival to the US. Then she told me I was approved , which was followed to go to the DHL office outside to send the package. :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: good luck to you... if you need help or have questions... let us know... ;)

We are soooo happy and excited we got aproved... finally!! she is coming to the US with me at the end of November... good luck to everyone!!!

Regards,

TEMP & GABY

Timeline

Congrats on the visa eltemp =) I'm sure you're all in a flurry of packing, booking tickets, making last minute preparations and just being on cloud 9 in general. It will feel damn good seeing your SO step off that plane, I am sure.

And good luck at POE. Interview for me is in 3 days!!

N-400 Stuff:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys... this is what my fiancee and I wrote as our review for the interview which pretty much sums up our experience there...

Get at least 2 1/2 hrs before your appointment. go to the main gate of the Embassy where the regular applicants make their payments, there you'll go through their security checkups, then you go inside and do another security checkup...then you'll take a ticket, located between windows 12-13, and wait for your number to be call, keep in mind that is only the last two digits of the ticket that are to be called...

Regarding the forms...make sure you have them filled out, signed, and separated. Make sure you only hand out what you are being asked (they lady hat took care of me was respectul, but a little rude). Make sure you have at least two (2) copies of each paperwork you submit. Also, your birth cercificate and the criminal background are apostilled by the entities in Venezuela (this is better explained in the US embassy website), and the four (4) pictures (in Venezuela you'll ask to have VISA size pictures, 5 cm by 5 cm. The lady, after taking all those documents, she will direct you to pay the respective fee, and then you go to the first security check point to get your fingerprints done...

After getting them done, you'll have to go through the second check point, again, and submit a little receipt back to the person who took care of you. Then, you jusy have to WAIT, and WAIT some more... until your name is called and you will have another person interview you. In my case I was with my USC fiance, which I think it helped because she only asked us my basic info (DOB, full name) when did we meet, and how...then asked how many times has my fiance visited me.. and lastly she told us if we were willing to get married within 90 days of my arrival to the US. Then she told me I was approved , which was followed to go to the DHL office outside to send the package. :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: good luck to you... if you need help or have questions... let us know... ;)

We are soooo happy and excited we got aproved... finally!! she is coming to the US with me at the end of November... good luck to everyone!!!

Regards,

TEMP & GABY

Congrats ELTEMP, and thanks again for all your help on this forum. Looking forward to seeing you on the AOS forum.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats, eltemp! Happy to know that you're going to start your new life together soon!

On our side, we received our P4 yesterday, so things are slowly under way...less than a month until our interview!

Anyway, good luck to everyone on their interviews and those that are on their way!

Tina

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline
Congrats, eltemp! Happy to know that you're going to start your new life together soon!

On our side, we received our P4 yesterday, so things are slowly under way...less than a month until our interview!

Anyway, good luck to everyone on their interviews and those that are on their way!

Tina

Hey Guys!!!

Leo and Farah... this week you'll get excellent news... good luck!! when and where are you coming to the US???

DND2009...thanks a lot and of course you'll see my anoying behind posting about AOS, hopefully all good stuff :)..... good luck to you too.. how is your process going??

Tina... thanks a lot... :).... I hope you get yours ASAP, I'm sure by Christmas you'll be here in the US...

as for us... my fiancee got her passport back today... from DHL....so we are set... however, I will be traveling at the end of november for her to travel with me on the 29th .... hopefully it will all be good... thanks to everyone... keep me posted on your cases....

regards!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
as for us... my fiancee got her passport back today... from DHL....so we are set... however, I will be traveling at the end of november for her to travel with me on the 29th .... hopefully it will all be good... thanks to everyone... keep me posted on your cases....

regards!!!

Congratulations Temp!!

That is great news!

Jaz :thumbs:

x

Your I-129f was approved in 138 days from your NOA1 date. [4months 2 weeks and 2days!]

29/04/09: I129f Sent.

07/12/09: Interview - Approved!!

24/01/10: POE George Bush Intl Houston - Exactly one year since I saw Travis.

Married 15/04/2010

AOS & EAD

09-06-2010. AoS Packet w/EAD sent with DS-3025.

16-06-2010. NOA1 x2 Received.

09-07-2010. Biometrics Apt.

12-07-2010. Case Transferred to CSC.

21-07-2010. Case Received by CSC.

27-07-2010. Touched~

28-07-2010. Touched.

11-08-2010. EAD Card production ordered

20/10/2010. AoS approved!

28/10/2010. Green Card received! Wooop. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Interesting to catch up on progress made by eltemp, Leo/Travis, et al. I have been in the NVC forum and the Russia/Ukraine/Belarus forum lately, and haven't made it over here much. My own update as outlined in my signature - I finally got NOA-2, about on pace with my original hopes but not nearly as fast as some others have gotten lately -- then we were promptly got hit with "AP" at NVC. I spent a month there, and finally got the approval last week. I received an e-mail back on Tuesday from Moscow in response to my inquiry, stating that they had not in fact received the visa packet yet. I am petitioning them to schedule the interview fast, taking into consideration our early May NOA-1 and perhaps putting us ahead of people with June or July NOA-1's who did not experience all the delays we did. I don't know if they will honor that request. Anyway, we are still hoping to have the visa in hand sometime in 2009. Good luck to the rest of you in your various stages of the visa journey!

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline
Interesting to catch up on progress made by eltemp, Leo/Travis, et al. I have been in the NVC forum and the Russia/Ukraine/Belarus forum lately, and haven't made it over here much. My own update as outlined in my signature - I finally got NOA-2, about on pace with my original hopes but not nearly as fast as some others have gotten lately -- then we were promptly got hit with "AP" at NVC. I spent a month there, and finally got the approval last week. I received an e-mail back on Tuesday from Moscow in response to my inquiry, stating that they had not in fact received the visa packet yet. I am petitioning them to schedule the interview fast, taking into consideration our early May NOA-1 and perhaps putting us ahead of people with June or July NOA-1's who did not experience all the delays we did. I don't know if they will honor that request. Anyway, we are still hoping to have the visa in hand sometime in 2009. Good luck to the rest of you in your various stages of the visa journey!

Hey Steve S,

I am sorry to hear you had to go through all the AP BS.... but keep in mind that consulates/embassies are supposed to set interview dates on NOA1 which is also your priority date... I know this because another person that requested interview in the Embassy in Caracas before I did, this person got their NOA2 before we did, but they filed later than we did... and we got our interview 3 weeks before theirs.... so at least in Venezuela, and according to my knowledge setting up dates for interviews should be based on that criteria..... Also, are you planning to go with your SO to the interview... in my experience I felt as if the USC goes with the beneficiary the interviewer has less doubts regarding if the relationship is legit... for instance in ours the officer did not even ask for new evidence, I did have plenty in the first file, and only asked us 6 questions: when did I move to the US ( I am a naturalized USC), when did we meet, how did we meet, and then she just asked my fiancee her complete name and DOB, and if we are planning to get married within 90 days of her arrival to the US... then she spent like 5 mins writing stuff on the computer and told us we were approved... So as you can see it was fairly painless... of course each case is different ...but that's my two cents...

Good luck to everyone else and keep us posted on your progress....

Regards,

TEMP

Timeline

You were right eltemp, we DID get excellent news, we got fantastic news :dance:

We got the visa and were approved. I think he had pretty much made up his mind before the interview based on the proof we gave, which was everything!

The reason why I think he made up his mind before was he said towards the end 'Please take a sea-oh congratulations your visa is approved, please take a seat". Like I should have known and taken for granted it was approved. That or I overwhelmed him with evidence, he lost a step.

He was a great, funny, sweet guy. No intimidation at all. Even commented how cute I looked in my kiddie passport taken oh 20 years ago.

I'll give a detailed review later on. Typing this from a hotel room and flying back home to pack for US tomm. If all goes well, I aam leaving by the 6th November!

N-400 Stuff:

Timeline
You were right eltemp, we DID get excellent news, we got fantastic news :dance:

We got the visa and were approved. I think he had pretty much made up his mind before the interview based on the proof we gave, which was everything!

The reason why I think he made up his mind before was he said towards the end 'Please take a sea-oh congratulations your visa is approved, please take a seat". Like I should have known and taken for granted it was approved. That or I overwhelmed him with evidence, he lost a step.

He was a great, funny, sweet guy. No intimidation at all. Even commented how cute I looked in my kiddie passport taken oh 20 years ago.

I'll give a detailed review later on. Typing this from a hotel room and flying back home to pack for US tomm. If all goes well, I aam leaving by the 6th November!

:dance::dance::dance: Congratulations!!! I knew you were going to get approved without any trouble... I think the agents get to the point when they see all that paperwork, it's like heck no... I am not reviewing all these documents... it was funny when we went to ours... there were 3 people waiting on K1 visa interviews... the two other people had just a pink envelope with the documents inside prolly 2 inches/5 cm tall... but...our file it had a bunch of rubber bands to hold the amount of paperwork I submitted LOL (it was around 4-6 inches/10-15 cms tall, but I also think is not too hard, for them, to know when the person does not really care for the USC or viceversa... so in our cases that is not an issue at all... did they give you the passport with the VISA right away and the envelope?? good luck on your trip and keep us posted... congratulations again.. I know your SO must be flying in the air of joy...

Regards,

TEMP

Edited by eltemp

Timeline

Well I just flew back home at 12am last night. Finally back in my bubble and gonna start packing soon.

I've taken care of loose ends by submitting a review for my interview experience and consulate review. Anyone interested can view the Malaysian embassy review page.

El temp - They gave me a blue card after the interview, instructing me to go to VFS Centre at another building the next day. I went at 3-4pm and got my passport back, a sealed envelope and a pamphlet welcoming me to USA and congratulating me on my new status as a permanent resident? That was confusing but felt nice.

The visa is actually a print out on one page of your passport, has a pic and such, your name, DOB and name of petitioner. Validity date etc. It's pretty neat.

Just a whirl of activity now! Gotta book the ticket, pack, get rid of old stuff, pick up my wedding dress, make a few calls to friends. So much!

N-400 Stuff:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey guys i already received my visa last friday,the 30th of october 2009 which is 4 daysf after my interview. i posted late coz been busy packing things and closed the house we are renting.thank GOd... good luck to those who are still waiting :star: !

Edited by Ken-Love

I-129F Sent :05-06-09

NOA1 (Receipt) : 05-15-09

NOA2 (Approved) : 08- 24-09

Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4): 09-11-09

Interview Date (K1 Visa): 10-26-09

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 10-30-09

Date of US Entry : 11-11-09 ; POE: Minneapolis

SSN: 11-25-09

Date of Wedding : 11-28-09

AOS

Filing date :

NOA date for I-485 :

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date:

I-485 Interview Date:

I-485 Approval / Denial Date :

I-485 Approved:

I 551 Stamp in passport:

Green Card received Date :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.