eltemp

May 2009 VSC K-1 Fillers

1,119 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I'm very happy for all you whose cases are proceeding, but a word of caution ... I received a letter in the mail from NVC saying my case was approved and was being forwarded to the consulate within 7 days. This letter had our consulate number assigned, our A number, everything... 2 weeks later the consulate still had not received it. I called NVC and they said our case was still there at NVC in AP status. They were not nice and not helpful in any way, telling me nothing but to wait and wait some more. This after they said (in writing) our case was approved and moving on. It seems we moved backward.

Iadonna,

Did they tell you the specific date the package left? For us, NVC told us that our package was sent on September 16.

Tina

No, but the letter was dated Sept 7 and it said "your case has been approved by this office and within 7 days will be forwarded to the consulate where your fiance lives" (paraphrasing) They even assigned it the consulate number... the one that begins with the 3 letter code of your consulate ... ours is NPL. There was nothing ambiguous about that letter. It was clear and definite. But it was a lie. I'm feeling very angry and frustrated. And when I called asking for an explanation, they wouldn't tell me anything, just to wait for further notification. It's torture. It seems they enjoy playing with people's fate.

Hi Ladonna,

I fell bad for you and I have you in my prayer

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Guys,

I hope you are all doing great....I got an update which brings good news and bad news...

I called this morning to the NVC to check my case, and the lady who took my call.. after confirming that the DOB of the citizen did not match her records, she said: your case is beeing reviewed by a supervisor.... something I knew already...

So she told me AGAIN she could not give me information about my case... so I ask her: well I know that but could you at least tell me if the case is still in Portsmouth ? to what she replied.... : you'll have to talk to the embassy because the case left already...

In conclussion:

Good news: my case is on it's way to Caracas... something I confirmed by checking the DHL and apparently there is a package for the embassy to CCS yesterday...

Bad News: my DOB is still wrong in their paperwork...

So my next step is to send an email to the embassy in Caracas to explain the situation... and hopefully they can get everything straight....

Good luck to everyone else dealing with the brilliant minds :whistle: of the government!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Hey Guys,

I hope you are all doing great....I got an update which brings good news and bad news...

I called this morning to the NVC to check my case, and the lady who took my call.. after confirming that the DOB of the citizen did not match her records, she said: your case is beeing reviewed by a supervisor.... something I knew already...

So she told me AGAIN she could not give me information about my case... so I ask her: well I know that but could you at least tell me if the case is still in Portsmouth ? to what she replied.... : you'll have to talk to the embassy because the case left already...

In conclussion:

Good news: my case is on it's way to Caracas... something I confirmed by checking the DHL and apparently there is a package for the embassy to CCS yesterday...

So my next step is to send an email to the embassy in Caracas to explain the situation... and hopefully they can get everything straight....

Good luck to everyone else dealing with the brilliant minds :whistle: of the government!

Good afternoon!

Glad to hear it's been forwarded, I did see it yesterday when I had a look for mine and I wondered if it was yours.

There's one on there for London, UK. I don't know if that's mine as I haven't phoned the NVC yet to see if they've received/sent it so I'll do that today. That's super quick if it is mine though, which is great!

I'm so excited about my medical and interview!!

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting for NOA2, I'm sure it wont be long! :yes:

Jaz :thumbs:

x

Your I-129f was approved in 138 days from your NOA1 date. [4months 2 weeks and 2days!]

29/04/09: I129f Sent.

07/12/09: Interview - Approved!!

24/01/10: POE George Bush Intl Houston - Exactly one year since I saw Travis.

Married 15/04/2010

AOS & EAD

09-06-2010. AoS Packet w/EAD sent with DS-3025.

16-06-2010. NOA1 x2 Received.

09-07-2010. Biometrics Apt.

12-07-2010. Case Transferred to CSC.

21-07-2010. Case Received by CSC.

27-07-2010. Touched~

28-07-2010. Touched.

11-08-2010. EAD Card production ordered

20/10/2010. AoS approved!

28/10/2010. Green Card received! Wooop. :)

Timeline
Good afternoon!

Glad to hear it's been forwarded, I did see it yesterday when I had a look for mine and I wondered if it was yours.

There's one on there for London, UK. I don't know if that's mine as I haven't phoned the NVC yet to see if they've received/sent it so I'll do that today. That's super quick if it is mine though, which is great!

I'm so excited about my medical and interview!!

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting for NOA2, I'm sure it wont be long! :yes:

Jaz :thumbs:

x

Hey Jaz...

I am not sure if they actually sent it.....because agents can tell you many different things... so I'm hoping the people in Caracas can be a little more helpful...

I suggest you call now to the NVC because they do not have high call volume at this hr... plus is already afternoon where you are... good luck!!

Temp

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello All May VSC filers:

Just wanted to let everyone know that our visa was received yesterday and he is on a plane tonight! Thank you all so much for the information and support and I will continue to follow along with your progresses!!!

:dance::whistle::dance::thumbs:

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

I-129F: 5-20-09

Check cashed: 5-26-09

1st NOA: 5-26-09

2nd NOA: 6-17-09

NVC received: 7-1-09

Out of AP at NVC: 7-14-09

Delivered to consulate: 7-17-09

Received Package 3: 7-24-09

Returned Package 3: 7-31-09

Medical Exam: 8-5-09

Interview: 9-14-09

Received Visa: 9-23-09

Entered USA:9-25-09

Wedding Date: 11-20-09

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

AOS sent: 11-03-09

AOS 1st NOA recd: 11-20-09

AOS RFE recd: 12-1-09

Biometrics Appt: 12-15-09

RFE response sent: 12-17-09

Transfer to CSC: 01-05-10

EAD Approved: 01-11-10

AP Approved: 01-07-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Package sent: 11-28-2011

RFE received: 09-05-2012

Response sent: 09-19-2012

Timeline

Just wanted to let everyone know that our visa was received yesterday and he is on a plane tonight! Thank you all so much for the information and support and I will continue to follow along with your progresses!!!

Nice!!! Congratulations...

So did you purchase the ticket as soon as you got the visa? or you bought it before???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just checked on DHL's website and saw something was sent to Mumbai today so called NVC but they said they still don't have any record of my case.

They said that until it comes to NVC it will come up as no record again, anyone else experience this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Nice!!! Congratulations...

So did you purchase the ticket as soon as you got the visa? or you bought it before???

Only after receiving the visa - you never know - something could go wrong!!! so glad it did not!

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

I-129F: 5-20-09

Check cashed: 5-26-09

1st NOA: 5-26-09

2nd NOA: 6-17-09

NVC received: 7-1-09

Out of AP at NVC: 7-14-09

Delivered to consulate: 7-17-09

Received Package 3: 7-24-09

Returned Package 3: 7-31-09

Medical Exam: 8-5-09

Interview: 9-14-09

Received Visa: 9-23-09

Entered USA:9-25-09

Wedding Date: 11-20-09

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

AOS sent: 11-03-09

AOS 1st NOA recd: 11-20-09

AOS RFE recd: 12-1-09

Biometrics Appt: 12-15-09

RFE response sent: 12-17-09

Transfer to CSC: 01-05-10

EAD Approved: 01-11-10

AP Approved: 01-07-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Package sent: 11-28-2011

RFE received: 09-05-2012

Response sent: 09-19-2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
I'm very happy for all you whose cases are proceeding, but a word of caution ... I received a letter in the mail from NVC saying my case was approved and was being forwarded to the consulate within 7 days. This letter had our consulate number assigned, our A number, everything... 2 weeks later the consulate still had not received it. I called NVC and they said our case was still there at NVC in AP status. They were not nice and not helpful in any way, telling me nothing but to wait and wait some more. This after they said (in writing) our case was approved and moving on. It seems we moved backward.

Iadonna,

Did they tell you the specific date the package left? For us, NVC told us that our package was sent on September 16.

Tina

No, but the letter was dated Sept 7 and it said "your case has been approved by this office and within 7 days will be forwarded to the consulate where your fiance lives" (paraphrasing) They even assigned it the consulate number... the one that begins with the 3 letter code of your consulate ... ours is NPL. There was nothing ambiguous about that letter. It was clear and definite. But it was a lie. I'm feeling very angry and frustrated. And when I called asking for an explanation, they wouldn't tell me anything, just to wait for further notification. It's torture. It seems they enjoy playing with people's fate.

Hi Ladonna,

I fell bad for you and I have you in my prayer

awww, thank you, Licia, you're so sweet ... I hope your progress is better than mine. I'll pray for you, too. Now I found a forum for the poor souls who are stuck at NVC in AP status. It feels something like a leper colony. Good luck to all other my fellow May filers, and Godspeed to you all! I hope not to see you in that awful purgatory of the NVC forum. :(

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Congrats! Good luck at POE and boy you must be besides yourself with excitement!

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Timeline
Just checked on DHL's website and saw something was sent to Mumbai today so called NVC but they said they still don't have any record of my case.

They said that until it comes to NVC it will come up as no record again, anyone else experience this?

yes, I had something similar, then found out I was stuck at NVC in AP status. I sincerely hope you have better luck, and go with those who pass quickly through the NVC phase. Godspeed!

Event Date

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone,

So the good news is that Montreal has finally logged our packet into the system. I'm not sure how long after that they will send out packet 3, but at least I know it's not lost...whew! Hopefully packet 3 can be sent out today or tomorrow and I can get it next week.

Good luck to everyone! :thumbs:

Tina

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline

Congrats! Good luck at POE and boy you must be besides yourself with excitement!

Oh! Congratulations! How wonderful for you two! I know you must be feeling like you're walking on a cloud now! I'm very happy for you, best wishes and don't forget the rest of us miserable souls who are here in limbo still waiting and wondering! Very very very best wishes!

Hey everyone,

So the good news is that Montreal has finally logged our packet into the system. I'm not sure how long after that they will send out packet 3, but at least I know it's not lost...whew! Hopefully packet 3 can be sent out today or tomorrow and I can get it next week.

Good luck to everyone! :thumbs:

Tina

That's so wonderful! I know you'll make fast progress now (I hope, anyway) Congratulations on this latest step, and Godspeed to you!

Event Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hey Guys,

In conclussion:

Eltemp, They told me the same thing too. I that my case felt yesterday 9/23, but it went with the wrong DOB on it. that i'll have to contact the embassy over in france and ask what they need in order to change it. I read somewhere that the embassy in france does not repply emails, and you have to pay to get them on the phone? this sucks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

yes, I had something similar, then found out I was stuck at NVC in AP status. I sincerely hope you have better luck, and go with those who pass quickly through the NVC phase. Godspeed!

What does AP status mean? And when it was sent to NVC orginially did you speak to someone on the phone and could they find your file then?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.