eltemp

May 2009 VSC K-1 Fillers

1,119 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I too am a may filler (may 14) I just saw that my case was last updated today 9/17 but nothing changed. now how can this be? i'm really nervous and scared. when am i going to get approuved? my fiance is driving me crazy too. asking me 10X a day to check the website if anything has changed.

congrats to all who have been approuved already. and please keep us in your prayers.

God bless all

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Guys,

I too am a may filler (may 14) I just saw that my case was last updated today 9/17 but nothing changed. now how can this be? i'm really nervous and scared. when am i going to get approuved? my fiance is driving me crazy too. asking me 10X a day to check the website if anything has changed.

congrats to all who have been approuved already. and please keep us in your prayers.

God bless all

Hi licia,

Congrats! You will probably get an e-mail soon, either as an approval or RFE. Good luck!

Tina

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Well good news is we passed NVC really fast with no AP. NOA2 on 31st August. Left NVC on 3rd Sept, apparently according to DOS it REACHED embassy on 3rd Sept too (weird) and embassy sent out packet 3 8th Sept. Now I'm worried. It's 17th and I still havent received packet 3. 11 days! It doesnt take that long to send mail in the same damn country.

I,m so happy that everyone is moving ahead. Just going to call NVC today and will give an update later. Glory be to God that we're all moving ahead and fast.

1-129F Journey:

Met my Fiancee: 1998 when i was a tutor in a High

1998 December: Became friends and started talking

2000 : Lost Contact and never met again

2003: Traveled to the States and still not talking

2005: Traveled back home and we met again ( serious here)

2007: I made up my mind that she is "the one"

2007 December 27th: Proposed to her

2009 May 12th: sent in the 1-129F for her

2009 May 19th: Receipt of NOA1

Sept 15th : NOA2 Approved email received

Sept 22nd: NOA2 Hard Copy received

Sept 16th: Package sent to NVC

Sept 17th: Package Received at NVC

Sept 21st: Package sent to Local Embassy.

Sept 26th : NVC Approval Letter received in the mail

Sept 28th: Package Delivered at Local Embassy (Lagos Nigeria)....Signed by Ben Obi by 10.50am.....yahooo..time to get ready for interview

NOV 20TH: Interview Date by 7.am...too early and i wonder what my woman will do since she is like 6hrs from the Location

MEDICAL: Done on 12th

Interview: PASSED on 20th without stress and not much questions......Glory be to God

Visa Picked up: Nov. 27th

Wedding: Dec 31st..... Got wedded and was fabulous

January 16th..... Wife entered US with me through IAD ,,,,,,NO EAD received

January 20th..... Got our Marriage License

February 14th .....Civil Marriage Date

.......... AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

It's kinda funny how this process makes everyone go crazy. Practically every foreign fiance is driving their US counterparts nuts I would think at this point.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Timeline
It's kinda funny how this process makes everyone go crazy. Practically every foreign fiance is driving their US counterparts nuts I would think at this point.

At least starting from the NVC part, beneficiaries are allowed to call and ask for the status for the case. I hate always having to rely on Roland to call, so I just do it myself :thumbs:

Naturalization Journey

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

That's the thing with foreign fiances. We're driving our US parts nuts because we feel so helpless. Now the ball is in our park, things should be easier for us as we now have something to DO. It feels tons better being able to do something than sit around waiting helplessly.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Well, we haven't gotten our NOA2 hardcopy yet. Other people who were approved around the same time as us haven't, either. So at least it's not just us...it'll be about a week since we got the e-mail, so hopefully it will be here soon along with the NVC letter!

JUST CALLED NVC...HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY CASE YET..THOUGH IT WAS A TRIAL BECAUSE MY APPROVAL WAS ON 15TH. I WILL STILL CALL THEM ON MONDAY. THANKS GUYS FOR THE GOOD INFOS HERE. GOD WILL SEE US THROUGH ALL .

1-129F Journey:

Met my Fiancee: 1998 when i was a tutor in a High

1998 December: Became friends and started talking

2000 : Lost Contact and never met again

2003: Traveled to the States and still not talking

2005: Traveled back home and we met again ( serious here)

2007: I made up my mind that she is "the one"

2007 December 27th: Proposed to her

2009 May 12th: sent in the 1-129F for her

2009 May 19th: Receipt of NOA1

Sept 15th : NOA2 Approved email received

Sept 22nd: NOA2 Hard Copy received

Sept 16th: Package sent to NVC

Sept 17th: Package Received at NVC

Sept 21st: Package sent to Local Embassy.

Sept 26th : NVC Approval Letter received in the mail

Sept 28th: Package Delivered at Local Embassy (Lagos Nigeria)....Signed by Ben Obi by 10.50am.....yahooo..time to get ready for interview

NOV 20TH: Interview Date by 7.am...too early and i wonder what my woman will do since she is like 6hrs from the Location

MEDICAL: Done on 12th

Interview: PASSED on 20th without stress and not much questions......Glory be to God

Visa Picked up: Nov. 27th

Wedding: Dec 31st..... Got wedded and was fabulous

January 16th..... Wife entered US with me through IAD ,,,,,,NO EAD received

January 20th..... Got our Marriage License

February 14th .....Civil Marriage Date

.......... AOS

Timeline
Hi Guys,

God bless all

Hi licia,

Congrats! You will probably get an e-mail soon, either as an approval or RFE. Good luck!

Tina

Thanks Tina,

I really hope to hear an approuval. by the way, what is a RPE?

Timeline
Hi Guys,

God bless all

Hi licia,

Tina

Thanks Tina,

RFE is Request for Evidence. If they haven't gotten enough info, they will let you know they need more info. Hope it's an approval, though!

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Timeline
Hi Guys,

God bless all

Hi licia,

Tina

Thanks Tina,

RFE is Request for Evidence. If they haven't gotten enough info, they will let you know they need more info. Hope it's an approval, though!

Thank you Tina very much. I hope I gave them all the infos that they will need.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Another touch today, that's 3 days in a row. I guess the first one was my file being put away or something but the other two. Who knows!

Gotta be getting close to hearing something at least.

Your I-129f was approved in 138 days from your NOA1 date. [4months 2 weeks and 2days!]

29/04/09: I129f Sent.

07/12/09: Interview - Approved!!

24/01/10: POE George Bush Intl Houston - Exactly one year since I saw Travis.

Married 15/04/2010

AOS & EAD

09-06-2010. AoS Packet w/EAD sent with DS-3025.

16-06-2010. NOA1 x2 Received.

09-07-2010. Biometrics Apt.

12-07-2010. Case Transferred to CSC.

21-07-2010. Case Received by CSC.

27-07-2010. Touched~

28-07-2010. Touched.

11-08-2010. EAD Card production ordered

20/10/2010. AoS approved!

28/10/2010. Green Card received! Wooop. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
So I called Department of State today and they said that sent it yesterday and it's on its way to the Montreal embassy!! It should arrive today :)

Hey Tina, so a touch a day after the approval means they sent it to NVC? bc I had one today.... or is there a way to find out if it was sent out?...

scroll back a few messages and see my post about how to track with DHL ... it might be a bit more difficult to track for consulates that have a heavy volume, but not impossible... it was easy to identify ours because there are not many from italy. if you don't understand it, pm me and I'll try to help you if I can. Good luck

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline

So here's an update: Our package has arrived at Montreal as of 4:15PM! It took a day!

Hope those who are waiting for NOA2 receive them soon and those going through NVC, good luck and hope that you don't have the long AP!

Tina

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
So I called Department of State today and they said that sent it yesterday and it's on its way to the Montreal embassy!! It should arrive today :)

Hey Tina, so a touch a day after the approval means they sent it to NVC? bc I had one today.... or is there a way to find out if it was sent out?...

scroll back a few messages and see my post about how to track with DHL ... it might be a bit more difficult to track for consulates that have a heavy volume, but not impossible... it was easy to identify ours because there are not many from italy. if you don't understand it, pm me and I'll try to help you if I can. Good luck

Hey ladonna,

Grazie per le informazioni. Tina ha dati che le informazioni ieri, ma ringrazia. Io voglio che noi possiamo vedere il nostro caso presto... ma il nostro caso era appena approvato ieri, dunque il prossimo lunedì Io chiamerò per domandare sul nostro caso. L'ambasciata in caracas non è estremamente occupata, ma prendono delle spedizioni molto spesso...

tanti auguri...

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
So here's an update: Our package has arrived at Montreal as of 4:15PM! It took a day!

Hope those who are waiting for NOA2 receive them soon and those going through NVC, good luck and hope that you don't have the long AP!

Tina

Awesome!!! have you gotten your medical and criminal records, etc taken care off?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.