JimiInLove

No Passport Stamp Lost Paperwork AOS APPROVAL Anyways.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi,

First we went to the interview and when we started the interview the guy swore us in and then informed us that he has not yet recieved our packet. So he goes on with the interview and we get only a couple questions about if she is a communist, or terrorist. Nothing about personal relationship or anything didnt even look at pics. So he fills out some paperwork he said should have came, he said it was his first time ever doing this and he was a pretty old guy, he has been there for years. Well anyways he says our AOS is approved but he has to wait for the file to arrive in the mail. Well he did not stamp the passport and we forgot to ask him why. He said we will receive our things in the mail shortly. Anyone experience this? What is the stamp for? Are we really approved?

thank you

Sorry but I am not so organized:(.

My timeline stinks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds good.

More and more offices do not stamp any more. My office does not.

Once the paperwork ties up you get a GC within the week.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline
What is the stamp for?

The I-551 stamp in the passport is authorization of your conditional permanent residency. The stamp is given so you have something to prove your CPR status while you are waiting for your green card to arrive in the mail. Not all offices give the stamp, though. In my case, I asked for the stamp because our interviewing officer had to keep my EAD, and I had a job interview that same afternoon. I wanted to show the agency that I am a CPR and authorized to work for any employer. Our interviewing officer happily gave me the stamp.

PS. The stamp also allows you to travel in and out of the United States without the AP document.

Edited by Ephesia

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congratulations (F)

12/30/1999 -marriage to a US Citizen

01/31/2005 - applied for AOS (sent documents to Chicago lockbox)

03/21/2005 - Biometrics and fingerprinting done in Norfolk

11/14/2005 - Interview letter dated November 7th is received

01/23/2006 - Interview at Washington DC - APPROVED

02/03/2006 - RECEIVED MY PERMENANT RESIDENT CARD

10/31/2008 - Filed N400 at TSC

11/04/2008 - Application Received

11/28/2008 - Fingerprinting done in Norfolk VA

02/23/2009 - Interview in Dallas TX - not enough evidence on marriage -given till 03/23/2009 to submit all the necessary documents

2009 - CITIZEN

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

it seems like this is happening to lots n lots of folks, what are these drunk monkeys in MSC doing....they can't even do the simplest of the jobs....

I would certainly ask for the stamp on the passport just in case....

amar

"For with God nothing shall be impossible - Luke 1:37"

Details of older petition timelines are in "Our Story" section

May 28, 2009 - Filed N-400 application for Naturalization

June 08, 2009 - NOA 1 received in the mail dated June 01,2009

June 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appt Letter received for July 02, 2009

July 02, 2009 - Biometrics Done - awaiting interview letter

July 13, 2009 - Interview Letter Received for Sept 09, 2009

Sept 09, 2009 - Interview Passed - Thank you Lord Jesus !!!

Sept 17, 2009 - Oath Ceremony - COBO Hall Detroit, MI - Done, registered to vote + updated Social Security record

Sept 18, 2009 - Applied for US Passport

Oct 06, 2009 - New Social Security card received in the mail

Oct 08, 2009 - US Passport received in the mail

Oct 09, 2009 - Naturalization Certificate received in the mail

Oct 20, 2009 - Received Voter's Registration Card

Oct 20, 2009 - Our Visa Journey Completed - Thank you Lord Jesus !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.