CanadaGirl

X-Ray on the plan

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I will be flying to Montreal for my interview and I'm wondering about my x-rays I have to bring.

Are they ok in my suitcase going through the x-ray machine that checks the luggage?

I'm worried they will get ruined like camera film or security will want to open it up. My package says it needs to remain sealed.

Anyone have some guidance on this?

thanks

K3 Timeline

Oct. 12 2005 Applied for K3 (Day 1)

Jan. 9th 2006 Received packet 3 (Day 89)

Jan. 19th 2006 Sent back packet 3 (Day 99)

March 20th 2006 Received packet 4 (Day 159)

April 20th 2006 K3 Appointment in Montreal (Day 190)

April 21st 2006 Received K3 (Day 191)

April 22nd 2006 Arrived in Florida!!!!! (Day 192)

EAD Timeline

May 3rd 2006 Chicago receives my application (Day 1)

May 8th 2006 NOA received (Day 5)

May 22nd 2006 Biometrics appointment letter received (Day 19)

June 3rd 2006 Biometrics complete (Day 31)

June 13th 2006 EAD card received in Mail!!!!!!!!! (Day 41)

June 13th 2006 Applied for SSN (Day 41)

July 13th 2006 SSN card arrives in the mail (Day 71)

AOS Timeline

Oct. 30th 2006 Sent in our paperwork to Chicago (Day 1)

Nov. 11th 2006 NOA Received (Day 12)

Nov. 13th 2006 Touched (Day 14)

Nov. 18th 2006 Biometrics taken (Day 19)

Dec. 14th 2006 Case transferred to California (Day 45)

Dec. 31st 2006 File arrived in California (Day 62)

Jan. 20th 2007 Touched (Day 82)

May 8th 2007 Case trasnferred to National Benefits Center (Day 190)

May 16th 2007 Case arrived at National Benefits Center (Day 198)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Whatever is most convenient.

You will never need them again.

A USCIS joke?

I was thinking of framing mine.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

X-rays are ok going through the x-ray machine, seeing as they are already developed. :) Camera film is another deal altogether, since they haven't gone through the developing process.

The key is no folding to make marks on the x-ray itself, it destroys the integrity of the image. You may want to consider rolling the x-ray up and placing it in a cardboard tube -- it's easier to transport, and provides it with extra protection.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Whatever is most convenient.

You will never need them again.

Actually, when I took Claudeth to the civil surgeon for the supplemental they wanted to charge us $35 for an xray so I whipped out the one from the K-1 medical and saved myself a few bucks!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I will be flying to Montreal for my interview and I'm wondering about my x-rays I have to bring.

Are they ok in my suitcase going through the x-ray machine that checks the luggage?

I'm worried they will get ruined like camera film or security will want to open it up. My package says it needs to remain sealed.

Anyone have some guidance on this?

thanks

I've been flying for over 20 years and I won't put something as important as that in my baggage. I don't think there will be any issue from Xray but lost or damaged baggage would be a serious problem for you. Those xrays are precious cargo and I'd hand carry them! Why chance it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would take all important documents you require for the interview with you onto the planeas carry on! if your suitcases get lost, its not a big deal then!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
I would take all important documents you require for the interview with you onto the planeas carry on! if your suitcases get lost, its not a big deal then!!!

hehehe I had more carryon luggage that trip than checked baggage -- I wasn't taking a chance that all that proof could go missing. ;)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

I didnt take my x-rays to my interview in Montreal. They didnt ask for them. :no:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.