reday4you

is good to marry within the first time we meet?

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello vj's members

i want to ask you about something,iam 23 moroccan and she is 34 american,she will come to me in october first time and we are planning to get married when she come to me.then go through the k3 visa process.i want to know if is it good or not to marry first time she come to me or no? and if it will cause problems for us and especially me when i will be interviewed with co in casablanca.in brief,i mean is that marry within her first trip to here will affect or maybe deny my visa as a problem with valididty of relationship coz i heared some cases were denied before coz of that and coz of age difference...please can some one help me and give me advices and what should i do exactly coz i dnt want to go through any step and regret it in the future...

i want to know if she takes a lawyer there to pursue and support our case is that will be useful and guaranted or no,coz i dnt wnat her to loose her money on nothing guaranted with the lawyer.

all your replies,suggestions and advices will be greatly appreciated...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello vj's members

i want to ask you about something,iam 23 moroccan and she is 34 american,she will come to me in october first time and we are planning to get married when she come to me.then go through the k3 visa process.i want to know if is it good or not to marry first time she come to me or no? and if it will cause problems for us and especially me when i will be interviewed with co in casablanca.in brief,i mean is that marry within her first trip to here will affect or maybe deny my visa as a problem with valididty of relationship coz i heared some cases were denied before coz of that and coz of age difference...please can some one help me and give me advices and what should i do exactly coz i dnt want to go through any step and regret it in the future...

i want to know if she takes a lawyer there to pursue and support our case is that will be useful and guaranted or no,coz i dnt wnat her to loose her money on nothing guaranted with the lawyer.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Couples have married in Morocco during their first visit with each other and have subsequently received a K-3 through Casa, but they MAY look more closely at you, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have more time with each other in person before getting married if you're able to do that. Some couples have married, filed for the K-3, and then had more visits before the interview. What you're considering has been done successfully, but the more time you can spend in person together, the better it will look to the consulate.

Another question is how long have you been talking to each other online? If it's been only a short time, you may wish to seriously consider waiting a bit longer or having more than one visit with each other before getting married and filing.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think that is a bad idea.

First of all I hear that K3 visas take WAAAAAYYYYY Longer than K1 visas.

When I went to Morocco to visit my husband (fiance at the time) we had an engagement party and I got to know him and his family better. Then we applied for the K1 visa and it took about 9 months from beginning to end.

I heard the K3 visa takes YEARS!

I mean think about it.... what good is a marriage if you can't be together? I would just wait.

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well, since "living together" unmarried for the time she is there isnt very acceptable in the culture/religion; I think its pretty common and understood, in pretty much all MENA countries.

Many people do just that and have no problems, but I would say that you should prepared to answer as to why you guys chose to do it that way.

A quick "getting to know you" period followed by what can be seen as a rushed wedding can be a reg flag. But, then again there are people who's cases are overflowing with "red flags" and they get approved without a hitch, so who knows.. its a ####### shoot :P

Although, every consulate is different and from what I have read Morroco can be difficult. :unsure:

But if you guys have been communicating for some time, I personally dont see it being a problem.

Good Luck

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

hello vj's members

Like Lisa said, since it is culturally complicated-impossible to live together, them marrying is an option of course. However, do look at WHY you are getting married, since chances are the CO will too.

Lawyers are useful for people with complicated cases; yet most people around here do things on their own. BUT that is a decision you and your fiancee have to make. No one will tell you otherwise (they shouldn't, since we are not lawyers, neither we offer LEGAL advise). No lawyer or representative can guarantee anything: if they tell you that, they are lying. Focus on building a strong case and gather evidence.

Well if you both feel you have given enough time to know each other and take the next step into marriage, you know better.

I agree that marrying within the first visit of meeting each other would put question into the validity of it.

We were married during my 2nd visit. We did the K3, he received his K3 visa after 10months from filing.

We forfeited the K3 because if married, you need to file for CR1 first. We got out interview for CR1 the same day

he took visa in hand for K3 (i know :o ) so we waited another 6 months to go the CR1 route.

I dont think a lawyer will hinder or help you. We had a lawyer and the ONLY thing he was good for was doing the paperwork

and taking our money. With the help of the good people here and following the instructions to the letter, it can be done on your own.

I think go the fiance visa. You would get that in no time I think (K1) and then take the time to get to know each other better.

Plan your wedding here, you'll be here and then you can file for AOS within the alotted time.

GOOD LUCK! :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not a good idea .

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

we married the first time i went there i was there for 4months then i came back to the states filed the i130 then the i129 the k3 was approved first it took a total of 4months for the k3 to be approved here in the states i went back to morocco in sept. and he got his visa in dec 4,2006. arrived here in the states dec.16,2006 .. wasnt that long since i was there from jan-april then back here from april to sept.. hope this helps u to figure out which is best for u to do..

hello vj's members

Like Lisa said, since it is culturally complicated-impossible to live together, them marrying is an option of course. However, do look at WHY you are getting married, since chances are the CO will too.

Lawyers are useful for people with complicated cases; yet most people around here do things on their own. BUT that is a decision you and your fiancee have to make. No one will tell you otherwise (they shouldn't, since we are not lawyers, neither we offer LEGAL advise). No lawyer or representative can guarantee anything: if they tell you that, they are lying. Focus on building a strong case and gather evidence.

As I mentioned in your other Thread posting, meet, take lots of pictures with you and her, freinds, family, THEN file for a K1 visa, and get marreid in USA. Getting married at first meeting is not wise, raises many Red Flags .

Good luck on your journey.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Marriage within the first time of meeting may be a red-flag issue. It depends on how long you have known each other.

I saw a case a few months ago where a person divorced in the USA (Feb 08) and met someone online (May 08) Visited (Aug 08) Married a week or so after in (Sep 08), filed petition (Sep 08), and were DENIED a visa in Feb 09.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We had heard the K1 visa was quicker so when I first visited my husband we had a wedding ceremony with all his family and friends at his home. We did not make it legal in Morocco. We then applied for the K1 visa and he was here with me in 7 months. We then made our marriage legal here in the USA but we celebrate our marriage on the anniversary of our wedding in Morocco.

Deb

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

There is the additional question of her age versus yours, which is unusual. All things considered, it is a risk to marry without more time together. The suspicion that this is only about a green card will be in the mind of the CO interviewer.

Well if you both feel you have given enough time to know each other and take the next step into marriage, you know better.

I agree that marrying within the first visit of meeting each other would put question into the validity of it.

We were married during my 2nd visit. We did the K3, he received his K3 visa after 10months from filing.

We forfeited the K3 because if married, you need to file for CR1 first. We got out interview for CR1 the same day

he took visa in hand for K3 (i know :o ) so we waited another 6 months to go the CR1 route.

I dont think a lawyer will hinder or help you. We had a lawyer and the ONLY thing he was good for was doing the paperwork and taking our money. With the help of the good people here and following the instructions to the letter, it can be done on your own.

I think go the fiance visa. You would get that in no time I think (K1) and then take the time to get to know each other better.

Plan your wedding here, you'll be here and then you can file for AOS within the alotted time.

GOOD LUCK! :thumbs:

I agree with this 100%!! I had an attorney do my I130 only because I was absolutely clueless about the immigration process and wanted the comfort of not messing anything up. I did the K3 and AOS myself and pocketed the money...lol. I only wish that I would have discovered this site before I did the I130.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.