notscenenough

Approved but no green card thread.

187 posts in this topic

Congratulations! to those who got the physical card :). Those who haven't hang tight.

immigrant 2009 Thanks for your , always, positive words!

You have always been very positive....

Hope your case closed positively very soon too

Good luck

Hi keso love,

Thanks for kind words. It's my pleasure. I try to be optimistic even though it's a dark road with USICS hoping i will find a glimpse of light on this dark road and my positive words will encourage me and my other fellow VJers to stay positive (which is hard thing to do especially with USICS, but we gotta do it).

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got e-mail card production ordered 12 days ago, but nothing came yet and no new e-mails. People usually get the card within a week. I am still at the same address, and there is no way the card is undeliverable. Gosh, this is sooo frustrating. I am using the last atoms of my strength to be optimistic. I just hope I will not have to file I-90 AGAIN because the card was lost in the mail or something.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Got e-mail card production ordered 12 days ago, but nothing came yet and no new e-mails. People usually get the card within a week. I am still at the same address, and there is no way the card is undeliverable. Gosh, this is sooo frustrating. I am using the last atoms of my strength to be optimistic. I just hope I will not have to file I-90 AGAIN because the card was lost in the mail or something.

Me too, exactly the same situation. Got an e-mail 12 days ago, and nothing in the mail as of today. We are going on vacation on Friday, and have to put a hold on mail delivery until we come back. This makes me nervous, as things can get lost.

I noticed you are from Bosnia, I was also born there but I am a Canadian citizen and lived there before I moved to the US.

Good luck to you, I hope you will get your card soon.

Senka

Edited by SENKA

AOS TIMELINE

10/27/06 Mailed I-485 and I765 to Chicago

11/07/06 Checks cashed

11/09/06 Received NOA1 for both EAD and AOS in the mail

11/13/06 Received a letter for Biometrics appointment

11/15/06 Received e-mail that RFE has been mailed yesterday

11/21/06 Biometrics appointment

12/04/06 Sent RFE back

12/08/06 RFE accepted in Lee's Summit - USPS confirmation

12/12/06 RFE recorded on file by USCIS

12/13/06 Touched

12/18/06 Touched again

12/26/06 Received Interview letter dated Dec 19

01/20/07 EAD file touched

01/24/07 EAD approved and card production ordered - received 3 e-mails!

01/24/07 AOS file touched

01/26/07 EAD touched, 3 e-mails received that the approval notice has been mailed

01/30/07 EAD Card Received by Mail

02/07/07 AOS Interview, approved pending FBI name check

04/27/07 Received E-Mail "Welcome New Resident"

04/30/07 Received E-Mail "Card Production Ordered"

05/01/07 Received Welcome Letter in mail

05/07/07 Green card received in the mail!

01/28/09 Mailed I-751 application.

01/30/09 Check already cleared! In two days!

02/03/09 Received NOA - Letter of extension dated 01/29/09

02/11/09 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 02/24/09

02/24/09 Biometrics Appointment Completed.

04/01/09 Inforpass appointment- got I-551 stamp in my passport

04/11/09 Approval Letter received - dated 04/07/09

05/06/09 E-mail "Card Production Ordered" received

06/01/09 10 Year Green Card Received!

Thank you SENKA and good luck to you too. :)

Do you have anyone reliable who could check mail for you while you are gone?

In any case, let's try to be optimistic and positive here, just like Immigrant2009 said.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Ok, it's been 9 months+ and I still haven't received the actual physical 10yr green card yet.

So it's "Round 3 of Expediting/Inquiring" as to what is going on here for my case....(note: round 1: expedite by phone January 2009 denied, round 2: expedite via in-person and e-mail by local Congressperson April 2009 case approved with letter but no green card yet, round 3: expedite by phone today May 2009 about green card)

Frustrated at the situation, we (my husband D actually) decided to call the mis-information line for me yesterday, and this is what happened:

D: (phones the 1-800 number, and using the "rotary phone" method, and manages to talk to a representative on the phone after waiting 10-20 minutes on the line)

Representative: (speaks in Spanish.)

D: English please.

Representative: You have reached the USCIS...blah blah blah...What is your case number?

D: (states my case number)

Representative: Is this for Removal of Conditions?

D: Yes. But it's for my wife Ant, and I'm her husband D.

Representative: What is the a-file number?

D: (states my a-file number)

Representative: Has your case been approved yet? (Ant thinking: Shouldn't you know that already?), as according to our updated records it says that it's pending to where it has been transfered to (Ant thinking: Gee, I guess you should update the records again...)

D: Well the case has been approved but we haven't received the green card yet

Representative: When did you file?

D: August 21, 2008

Representative: When was it approved?

D: April 15, 2009, according to the date on this approval letter from the CSC (reads some of the contents of the approval letter on the phone) which was sent to us by regular mail. But my wife needs the card for travelling and she needs to travel back to Canada before it's too late in her high-risk pregnancy. As well, getting this card will ease her concerns and worries if she gets that sooner, as she's been waiting for 9 months already.

Representative: Since it's been more than 30 days since you were approved, so I'll make an inquiry e-mail inquiry about this. Meanwhile, she can still travel with the expired 2yr green card and NOA (Ant thinking: Been there done that...as if I didn't know that already)

D: We have travelled before with it, but they made her feel as though she was the problem for not having her 10yr green card, and she doesn't want to travel again without it.

Representative: What is your e-mail address, home address, and telephone number?

D: (gives them our e-mail address, home address, and telephone number)

Representative: I'll make a service inquiry about your case. Here is the reference number (gives reference number), and if you don't here from us in 45 days then you can inquire again.

Representative: Is there anything else we can help you with? (Ant thinking: Send the damn card already!)

D: Not for now. (writes down reference number)

Representative: Thanks for calling the USCIS...Have a nice day....

Isn't it funny that "We have to tell the USCIS to do their jobs and tell them to update our files and that we know more about the status of our case than them", D and I thought after that phone call. No wonder it's called the "mis-information line" here. Is this what we pay our $545 and wait so long for? Bad service, indeed!

Nevertheless, the representative on the phone today was quite nice about things, and hopefully this phone call will result in me getting my actual 10yr green card asap!

So my I-751 story continues, as I still wait for my actual 10yr green card.....What a waste, indeed!

Ant (Still waiting for card 9 months+, Still waiting for Baby 9 months...)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Ok, it's been 9 months+ and I still haven't received the actual physical 10yr green card yet.

So it's "Round 3 of Expediting/Inquiring" as to what is going on here for my case....(note: round 1: expedite by phone January 2009 denied, round 2: expedite via in-person and e-mail by local Congressperson April 2009 case approved with letter but no green card yet, round 3: expedite by phone today May 2009 about green card)

Frustrated at the situation, we (my husband D actually) decided to call the mis-information line for me yesterday, and this is what happened:

D: (phones the 1-800 number, and using the "rotary phone" method, and manages to talk to a representative on the phone after waiting 10-20 minutes on the line)

Representative: (speaks in Spanish.)

D: English please.

Representative: You have reached the USCIS...blah blah blah...What is your case number?

D: (states my case number)

Representative: Is this for Removal of Conditions?

D: Yes. But it's for my wife Ant, and I'm her husband D.

Representative: What is the a-file number?

D: (states my a-file number)

Representative: Has your case been approved yet? (Ant thinking: Shouldn't you know that already?), as according to our updated records it says that it's pending to where it has been transfered to (Ant thinking: Gee, I guess you should update the records again...)

D: Well the case has been approved but we haven't received the green card yet

Representative: When did you file?

D: August 21, 2008

Representative: When was it approved?

D: April 15, 2009, according to the date on this approval letter from the CSC (reads some of the contents of the approval letter on the phone) which was sent to us by regular mail. But my wife needs the card for travelling and she needs to travel back to Canada before it's too late in her high-risk pregnancy. As well, getting this card will ease her concerns and worries if she gets that sooner, as she's been waiting for 9 months already.

Representative: Since it's been more than 30 days since you were approved, so I'll make an inquiry e-mail inquiry about this. Meanwhile, she can still travel with the expired 2yr green card and NOA (Ant thinking: Been there done that...as if I didn't know that already)

D: We have travelled before with it, but they made her feel as though she was the problem for not having her 10yr green card, and she doesn't want to travel again without it.

Representative: What is your e-mail address, home address, and telephone number?

D: (gives them our e-mail address, home address, and telephone number)

Representative: I'll make a service inquiry about your case. Here is the reference number (gives reference number), and if you don't here from us in 45 days then you can inquire again.

Representative: Is there anything else we can help you with? (Ant thinking: Send the damn card already!)

D: Not for now. (writes down reference number)

Representative: Thanks for calling the USCIS...Have a nice day....

Isn't it funny that "We have to tell the USCIS to do their jobs and tell them to update our files and that we know more about the status of our case than them", D and I thought after that phone call. No wonder it's called the "mis-information line" here. Is this what we pay our $545 and wait so long for? Bad service, indeed!

Nevertheless, the representative on the phone today was quite nice about things, and hopefully this phone call will result in me getting my actual 10yr green card asap!

So my I-751 story continues, as I still wait for my actual 10yr green card.....What a waste, indeed!

Ant (Still waiting for card 9 months+, Still waiting for Baby 9 months...)

Wow, that has got to be so frustrating. Makes my 3-4 week wait seem like seconds so you have humbled me. I hope you get this resolved very soon.

Logged into our USCIS account and our status has not changed - it still has our case pending. No mention of green card production. I will just sit tight and hope for the best.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Hi Everyone,

Just when I was about to log off VJ, I got the following "hot off the electronic press news" via e-mail:

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:45 PM

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EAC (case number here)

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On May 20, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

:dance: At last, after 9 months+, my I-751 journey is finally over with my 10yr card soon in hand!!! :dance:

Now all I have to do is wait for the USCIS in the mail for the actual card, which I'm guessing will take about 5-7 days or so....

At last, I can breathe a sigh of relief, go travelling, and focus on the rest of the pregnancy instead!

Funny, how it takes 9+ months for a card, and 9 months for a baby..... :rofl:

Onwards to citizenship for me in August 2009 or later!

Ant (Got the card 9 months+, Still waiting for baby 9 months...)

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:thumbs:

Thank God. I just got an email from CRIS that "card production ordered" today 05-20-2009. I applied for I-751 on 08-17-2008, transfered to CSA on 03-04-2009, approved on 04-16-2009. I wish everybody luck.

Congrats on your card production ordered too bilson4real.

Hope you get your actual card soon too (and keep us updated as to when you receive such too)..

Wow...what a co-incidence that your timeline is very similar to my I-751 timeline too:

Applied: 08-18-2008

Transfered: 03-02-2009

Approved: 04-15-2009

Card ordered: 05-20-2009

How odd, indeed...... :blink: .....(lol...maybe our files were stuck to each other in the pile?)

Ant (Card ordered 9 months+, Still waiting for baby 9 months....)

Thank God. I just got an email from CRIS that "card production ordered" today 05-20-2009. I applied for I-751 on 08-17-2008, transfered to CSA on 03-04-2009, approved on 04-16-2009. I wish everybody luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hope you get your actual card soon too (and keep us updated as to when you receive such too)..

Wow...what a co-incidence that your timeline is very similar to my I-751 timeline too:

How odd, indeed...... :blink: .....(lol...maybe our files were stuck to each other in the pile?)

AntandD congrats. We might be getting the 'almighty' GC on the same day. I wish you tons of luck

Congrats, AntandD! That is great news!

I am a few days behind you in almost every step (sent in I-751 on Aug 18, 08, transferred on 03/02/09, approved on 04/18/09), hope that I will get the email soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hi there :)

We had biometrics on Feb 13, our AOS interview on May 8 and got the approval/welcome letter on May 12 -notice date being May 11.

my status online was updated the SAME day as the interview stating "card production ordered". it was touched May 11 but its still saying "card production ordered" (obviously the touch was to send out the approval/welcome letters) Now waiting for the card in the mail.

Anybody with similar timeline?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.