funkyab

Need a very experienced and sophisticated attorney

15 posts in this topic

I normally would not post this in off topic, however it is the most active section of the forums.

I have NO current issue that I am stressing about. It is about a future and ongoing situation.

My VJ post is sitting unanswered and I understand this. My/our situation is WAY outside the normal box. Believe it or not.

Here is my thread from another forum.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603780

I have a VJ post here but is in a section that I will likely receive any legit replies. And before posting this I called a friend who does immigration law and he even advised me that my issue was WAY outside his area of expertise.

Sorry again if any of you are irritated.

Thanks.

9/2006 Met in Sweden

2/2007 Began Dating in Holland

11/24/2007 Married (nairobi)

Clerk wedding 12/14/2007 (nairobi)

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

3 months 6 days from filing to approval including 221g AP.

off topic ... is the most active section of the forums.

Sad, ain't it?

In a way BUT the info I have received from here has been VERY valuable and has made a difference in SEVERAL immigration situations I have been involved in.

Our situation is just so FUKED and confusing now. You know when a real USCIS officer says that he thinks my question should be used for training of younger officers... and that he hopes it is not a QC control from his superiors.. The question is complicated. :(

9/2006 Met in Sweden

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

Filed: Timeline

I can't read your question (BE is down) but I am sorry to hear it anyway... USCIS can be difficult with 'easy' cases, so i can't imagine how tough it must be for something of medium or (in your case) high complexity.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

off topic ... is the most active section of the forums.

Sad, ain't it?

In a way BUT the info I have received from here has been VERY valuable and has made a difference in SEVERAL immigration situations I have been involved in.

Our situation is just so FUKED and confusing now. You know when a real USCIS officer says that he thinks my question should be used for training of younger officers... and that he hopes it is not a QC control from his superiors.. The question is complicated. :(

Spit it out,bud.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

I can't read your question (BE is down) but I am sorry to hear it anyway... USCIS can be difficult with 'easy' cases, so i can't imagine how tough it must be for something of medium or (in your case) high complexity.

YEA.. BE is down for ervice. That was informed by their site earlier.

My wife (conditional green card) and I work in International Development.

We recently got a new 2 year assignment with the United Nations in Nicaragua. We were considering getting a reentry permit. We realized that if you are a conditional resident the permit is only good until the conditional green card expires.

We will be leaving in mid May. This would mean that the reentry permit would expire before even one year has passed, and considering she can be outside of the U.S. legally on her green card for longer than the reentry permit is valid, it does not seem to make much sense to pay for one.

We will file our i-751 from Nicaragua and come back to the U.S. before the year out of the country is up.

1. Is there any reason for us to apply for an reentry permit in our situation?

2. When we file the i-751 and get the year extension, would it make sense then to file for a reentry permit, and would it likely be valid for 2 years or just until the end of the year extension of i-751 being approved?

3. Considering the type of work we do there is a good chance that depending on our assignments we might not be in the U.S. for more than a few weeks or a month each year, for the next 5 or 6 years.

As long as we enter at least once a year to keep her visa valid and have good evidence of our field assignments with the United Nations, should we anticipate any problems?

4. If we decided to go the route of reentry permits now or after i-751 is approved, might there be a limit on how many they would grant us? I know that this up to the discretion of the issuing officer, but I would think that special attention and consideration would be paid to folks in our situation, especially working for the UN.

5. I know that some people say that it is advisable to make sure to enter the U.S. at least once every 6 months but it seems like many of the people concerned about that are those that do not want to "reset" the clock for their naturalization, which is not a concern of ours.

Sorry for all the questions. I have actually talked to a USCIS officer (not the call center people) twice in the past two days and although they gave me good info, I am still not sure the best route for us to take.

9/2006 Met in Sweden

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

Talk to the folks at the UN. Surely they have run into this.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Indeed. We have. However their response was simple. The informed us that my wife is eligible to get expedited naturalization in the US because of her work. However, she has to give up her Norwegian citizenship to take US citizenship. That will not happen.

9/2006 Met in Sweden

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Indeed. We have. However their response was simple. The informed us that my wife is eligible to get expedited naturalization in the US because of her work. However, she has to give up her Norwegian citizenship to take US citizenship. That will not happen.

To become a USC, you have to want to live in the USA, defend it, and freely want to say this oath.

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate,

state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;

that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;

that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and

that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

If your wife doesn't want to do this, that is your problem, your wife. Not saying it's your wife's problem, it's her choice as to whether she wants to become a USC or not, it just sounds more like a marriage problem than an immigration problem. We all have that problem when we meet someone we love as to where to live, this has to be worked out. And not even limited to marrying an alien, if you are from New York, and your spouse lives in LA, that is also a problem if both want to stay in their home towns.

Not sure about Norway, my wife was born in Colombia, became naturalized in Venezuela, having problems with Venezuela because she is a USC, but can always go back to Colombia because she was born there.

Then there are priorities, which comes first, your marriage or your job, many marriages have failed because of a job relocation, but then many marriages have failed due to staying in an area where jobs weren't available due to financial problems, you can't win.

Could consider becoming a Norwegian citizen yourself, key is, what are your priorities.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Talk to Marc Ellis at marcellislaw@gmail.com He is one of the best

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Udall

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Udall

You're so naughty, bro Dean. :P

:blush::blush::blush:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835