thuyhang17

Wife Case Denied -- Pls help!!!

20 posts in this topic

The US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh has denied my wife case and advised that it's on its way back to USCIS. The case was denied due to the following reasons:

1. Pictures shows we've only been together for 2-3 days --- Not true, we gaves them a lot of pictures with different places for my 3 trips to vietnam.

2. Letters without postal envelopes. --- I admited this. We were not prepared and over confident but we do have all the envelopes ready to proof.

3. Her lack of knowledges of my personal information. She did not know my boss name and the project I'm working on. --- Well, my mom has been married to my dad for 40 years and have idea what project he is working on.

4. We provide different married proposal dates --- Not true, the CO misread my timeline letter. My timeline letter clearly provided the same date as when my wife was providing them on her interview.

5. Phone bills not tracable --- What else do they want? I wrote the web url and id/password of the phone company where i obtainted the bill on the first page.

I took 4 trips to Vietnam

Trip 1: 4/07 Met her

Trip 2: 9/07 Visited her

Trip 3: 4/08 Married her

Trip 4: 4/09 Visit her -- received denial letter at the Consulate when came for status

MY QUESTION IS:

What should I do?

1. Should I file another petition? Seem faster but doesn't make sense because it's the same petition.

2. Should I wait for the letter from USCIS and file an appeal? I heard it takes 2-3 years for them to decide? Too long!!

3. Should I quit my job and move back to Vietnam to live with her while waiting for the decision? I'm having a great 10 years career with 1 company making over 100K but I can't imagine seeing her only for 3-4 weeks a year for the next 3 years (assuming I'm choosing option 2)

Please help??

1. I wouldn't file again.

2. You can start getting ready to appeal now.

3. That is always an option. Up to you. You could use your resources to hire a lawyer to help with your case.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

The US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh has denied my wife case and advised that it's on its way back to USCIS. The case was denied due to the following reasons:

1. Pictures shows we've only been together for 2-3 days --- Not true, we gaves them a lot of pictures with different places for my 3 trips to vietnam.

2. Letters without postal envelopes. --- I admited this. We were not prepared and over confident but we do have all the envelopes ready to proof.

3. Her lack of knowledges of my personal information. She did not know my boss name and the project I'm working on. --- Well, my mom has been married to my dad for 40 years and have idea what project he is working on.

4. We provide different married proposal dates --- Not true, the CO misread my timeline letter. My timeline letter clearly provided the same date as when my wife was providing them on her interview.

5. Phone bills not tracable --- What else do they want? I wrote the web url and id/password of the phone company where i obtainted the bill on the first page.

Trip 4: 4/09 Visit her -- received denial letter at the Consulate when came for status

MY QUESTION IS:

What should I do?

1. Should I file another petition? Seem faster but doesn't make sense because it's the same petition.

2. Should I wait for the letter from USCIS and file an appeal? I heard it takes 2-3 years for them to decide? Too long!!

3. Should I quit my job and move back to Vietnam to live with her while waiting for the decision? I'm having a great 10 years career with 1 company making over 100K but I can't imagine seeing her only for 3-4 weeks a year for the next 3 years (assuming I'm choosing option 2)

Please help??

Are you positive your petition has been sent back to USCIS??

If not call your senator and get them working on it.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

MY QUESTION IS:

What should I do?

Please help??

Sounds similar to Tuyen and my case. I filed a second petition and did address problems they had from the first case, yet they are still sending our case (2nd) back.

I'm working on getting the refusal slip from the Consulate and plan on working with ME if I can. If I can't get the slip and the case is sent back I will do one of the three.

1. Move to Canada on a work visa and apply for a Canadian visa for Tuyen to enter North America. (Australia isn't giving out work visas now)

2. Move to VN

3. wait for the USCIS to process the return.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Edited by Kevin and Tuyen

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

My wife will has her interview coming up on May. It getting me worry what HCM consulate is looking for now? Your evidence is over qualifies than me. I can’t believe the reasons they denied you from 1-5. How the world is your wife will remember your boss name. My wife having a hard time memory all my siblings name. This is so dumb.

I am so sorry to hear that, all I do is to wish you good luck.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The first advise I always hear from ppl with MUCH advise it to try and keep your file at the consulate. Once they send it back to the US, it gets much harder

Check this out, I hope its helpful.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

Check out the OP's signature in that thread for some helpful info also

Good Luck

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

So what seems to be the problem? Unprepared=?? What do you think?

Is your Mom applying for any Visa? If not, I suggest you focus on your problem. Remember, CO is your GOD. You beg for mercy, not showing off attitude.

MY QUESTION IS:

What should I do?

With all that big money, did you spend any on retaining an immigration attorney BEFORE you started this journey? Hope you did, because in VNese, there's a saying "Dong Tien Truoc la Dong Tien Khon".....translating: Money coming first hand is smart money!

Timeline

MY QUESTION IS:

What should I do?

Please help??

I'm very sorry for you two. It sounds very similar to our case. Don't bother going over there to talk to them. They didn't do anything for me. Apparently, once the USCIS receives it and sends you the decision, you then get a chance to provide additional evidence and argue against the points made in the rejection slip.

My suggestion is to regroup and redraw the battle line -wait for the USCIS. Then, send them your counter arguments. Get all the help you can, and get as many notarized statements as you can and argue all of those bogus points, one by one. This is what I going to do with our case. They are going to get a huge box from me with all the evidence.

All the best to you and your wife.

Edited by 2x2y2z

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
October 6, 2007: 2nd I-130 packet with $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
January 10, 2008: NOA1 March 31, 2008: NOA2 (approved & sent to NVC)
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
April 15, 2008: Faxed wife the DS-3032 agent form to be mailed from Vietnam.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
July 11, 2008: Case completed at NVC.
Sept. 5th, 2008: INTERVIEW DATE at HCMC: White paper with writing.
March 26, 2009: Resubmit.
[b]DENIED. June 2009: case sent back & received at USCIS[/b]
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.
February 2010: USCIS contacted & asked for more evidence
March 2010: USCIS re-approved original case.
April 14, 2010: Consulate sends DS-230
June 15, 2010: Interview Date (Blue issued)
July 13, 2010 Placed on AP -yippee!
Sept. 13, 2010 Consulate home visit
[b]Nov. 5, 2010 Approval letter sent.[/b]
[b]Nov. 19, 2010 Visa picked up. Arrival: Nov. 24, 2010[/b]

Timeline

I am sorry to hear the result of your interview in HCMC. As we have seen HCMC is one of the consulates where meeting the minimums with regard to evidence is unwise. The CO can only evaluate what has been submitted. Better to kill a couple of trees and give them too much.

Another thread here today asked whether the CO's have their minds made up prior to the interview. No doubt they have formed an opinion while reviewing the file beforehand. So think like a CO (working in a high fraud consulate like HCMC) and make sure that you have everything.

Our jobs as USC petitioners is to be well prepared and to help our finace(e)/spouse to be prepared for their interview. There is ONE opportunity to have a good interview. Don't get lazy or over confident. This is too important to not give maximum effort. If there is a hole in your story, fix it beforehand. That way there is not RFE or denial.

You may want to contact Marc Ellis for a legal opinion. He has been retained by a number of people going through HCMC.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

I'm very sorry for you two. It sounds very similar to our case. Don't bother going over there to talk to them. They didn't do anything for me. Apparently, once the USCIS receives it and sends you the decision, you then get a chance to provide additional evidence and argue against the points made in the rejection slip.

My suggestion is to regroup and redraw the battle line -wait for the USCIS. Then, send them your counter arguments. Get all the help you can, and get as many notarized statements as you can and argue all of those bogus points, one by one. This is what I going to do with our case. They are going to get a huge box from me with all the evidence.

All the best to you and your wife.

2x2y2z, sorry to hear that you got denied back in 2008. wow, it took more than 6 months for you to resubmit your paperwork to USCIS? so, what happen to you now? are you still waiting for NVC approve and sending your paperwork back to HCM?

My questions is. If we get denied, can we hiring the lawyer talk to HCM consulate??? I am just worry alot, since I have heard many couples got reject, and denied from HCM consulate.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Timeline

MY QUESTION IS:

What should I do?

Please help??

I got the same problem too. my case got send back and i dont know whether to appeal or refile. i went to 3 different lawyers and each telling me to do different. one tell me only to appeal, one tell me not to appeal and refile cuz it will take forever to appeal, and the last one tell me to do both she charge me about 5K to do both. this is crazy. we need advices from people who been through this....

MY QUESTION IS:

What should I do?

Please help??

When my fiancee was denied my senator was able to find out exactly why. The next time I made it a daily "job" to collect evidence. Made sure both of us wrote weekly snail mails. Had a AT+T for a long distance carrier. Made a daily short calls for the record with them and used phone cards for the long ones.

Made an additional trip and took LOTS of pictures with her, me, friends and family. Did a few screen prints each month. Had a briefcase full of emails and chat records.

My fiancee didn't speak English that well and there was no doubt something "lost" between the CO and her.

I gave up when the petition was sent back to USCIS. Gave my fiance enough money to open a small store and we went our own ways.

I wish you lots of luck! It's like going to hell and "maybe" making it back.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

MY QUESTION IS:

from the graetfu

What should I do? i almost bet it bet it was the c/o with beard that looks kinda like jerry garcia from the grateful dead ,that guys a dumb ####. i would would and i did go in and raise hell and refuse to leave tell you talked to a c/o... thats what i did

Please help??

When my fiancee was denied my senator was able to find out exactly why. The next time I made it a daily "job" to collect evidence. Made sure both of us wrote weekly snail mails. Had a AT+T for a long distance carrier. Made a daily short calls for the record with them and used phone cards for the long ones.

Made an additional trip and took LOTS of pictures with her, me, friends and family. Did a few screen prints each month. Had a briefcase full of emails and chat records.

My fiancee didn't speak English that well and there was no doubt something "lost" between the CO and her.

I gave up when the petition was sent back to USCIS. Gave my fiance enough money to open a small store and we went our own ways.

I wish you lots of luck! It's like going to hell and "maybe" making it back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.