Danno2

NOA2 - Approval to when it received in mail?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have searched on this and cannot find another thread. Can those who received the NOA2 letter please answer how much time passed between approval date on the letter and when you actually received the letter in the mail?

I'm trying to get an idea if this is a week, a month or so unreliable it cannot be averaged.

Thanks in advance.

about 1 and a half weeks

That's a maximum.

The USPS isn't that bad. At least 3 days will probably pass.

If you really want to obsess over it, take into account that nothing really moves on Sunday (USPS or USCIS).

Nothing gets mailed out of the service centers on Saturday OR Sunday (so if it's dated on a Friday, probably not sent out until Monday - as was my case).

If you live in a rural area, count on a couple extra days of transport/processing. My experience with tracking shipping leads me to +1 day for transport between facilities, +1 day at the facility. If there are several stops for you, then several days will be added.

Some people may rag on you for being obsessive, but there are other people who spend entirely TOO MUCH time thinking about all these little things. Once you have it, it won't seem like it actually mattered all that much after all. Don't let your hair fall out over it, but don't think you're alone. :)

There is a thread in the K1 progress forum barely a month old on the same topic. I'd look for it, but it sounds like you have more obsessive energies for the subject than I do, so I'll let you spend a few minutes looking yourself. :)

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline
about 1 and a half weeks

That's a maximum.

If you really want to obsess over it, take into account that nothing really moves on Sunday (USPS or USCIS).

Nothing gets mailed out of the service centers on Saturday OR Sunday (so if it's dated on a Friday, probably not sent out until Monday - as was my case).

If you live in a rural area, count on a couple extra days of transport/processing. My experience with tracking shipping leads me to +1 day for transport between facilities, +1 day at the facility. If there are several stops for you, then several days will be added.

Some people may rag on you for being obsessive, but there are other people who spend entirely TOO MUCH time thinking about all these little things. Once you have it, it won't seem like it actually mattered all that much after all. Don't let your hair fall out over it, but don't think you're alone. :)

There is a thread in the K1 progress forum barely a month old on the same topic. I'd look for it, but it sounds like you have more obsessive energies for the subject than I do, so I'll let you spend a few minutes looking yourself. :)

Since I know Danny and his situation, I would just add (in reference to the bold text above) that it DOES matter, at least for those of us petitioning through Bangkok Thailand. To get the police certificate in Bangkok they ask for the NOA2 letter. And getting the certificate takes approx. 10days or longer. Hence Bangkok filers do have a real interest in getting their NOA2 letter from USCIS as quickly as possible, so that it can be forwarded to their fiances.

Danny - in our case we got the CRIS NOA2 email on Jan 14 and the hardcopy letter came in the mail on Jan 20 - 6 elapsed days. Pretty much standard I think.

(It didn't matter a whit since we then promptly got stuck in AP@NVC, but hopefully that won't happen to you!)

Good luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
about 1 and a half weeks

That's a maximum.

Since I know Danny and his situation, I would just add (in reference to the bold text above) that it DOES matter, at least for those of us petitioning through Bangkok Thailand. To get the police certificate in Bangkok they ask for the NOA2 letter. And getting the certificate takes approx. 10days or longer. Hence Bangkok filers do have a real interest in getting their NOA2 letter from USCIS as quickly as possible, so that it can be forwarded to their fiances.

Danny - in our case we got the CRIS NOA2 email on Jan 14 and the hardcopy letter came in the mail on Jan 20 - 6 elapsed days. Pretty much standard I think.

(It didn't matter a whit since we then promptly got stuck in AP@NVC, but hopefully that won't happen to you!)

Good luck

I never got a hard copy NOA 2, 30 days after the e-mail I called and told them, they said to send them 340 bucks and they'll get that right out for me! :angry:

The date on my NOA2 was a week before I actually recieved it in the mail. However, the approval EMAIL I recieved at like 11 at night...so I have a feeling they didn't send it until the next day. So it took 6 or 7 days for me to get it in the mail. However, I also live about as far as anyone could from CSC. It depends on soo much. Good luck!

about 1 and a half weeks

That's a maximum.

Good luck

The possible delay in delivery of the hard copy is so miniscule compared to the rest of the process. I really can't imagine how just a couple of days postal delivery could actually mean that much to the process. I COMPLETELY understand the tunnel vision you can get when you're focused on the next step, but I think there is FAR more delay introduced by other events such that a few days more or less in how long the physical letter takes to arrive is completely eclipsed.

Also, 10 whole days to get a police certificate?! Really! I'll bet that if that NOA2 is in a pre addressed, pre stamped envelope and off to Thailand 5 minutes after it is taken out of the envelope by the petitioner, and likewise the police certificate request is sent off as speedily by the beneficiary that a police certificate would be in hand before packet 3. Take care of the things you CAN control.

What I meant about it "not mattering" is that when you look back on the entire 8 months long process, I think it very unlikely that very many people think "Well, gee, if my NOA2 had just arrived in the mail 1 day earlier....." It is very easy to get focused on what's holding things up, especially if you don't have any control over them. You just have to keep in mind that you don't have any control over them, so all you can do is be ready to complete your next task when the ball's back in your court.

It's easy to be anxious about the unknown (when the NOA2 will arrive) but once that's known, it won't seem like such a big deal any more - how long it took USPS to deliver, not that you got it - THAT is a big milestone, we all recognize, and the paper itself can be important later. I see our purpose here on VJ to be supportive and understanding - but not to fan the flames of anxieties like these.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I live about 30 Miles from the California USCIS Office, notice date was March 20, 2009. Actual receiving the letter in the mail was afternoon of March 25, 2009. So 5 days ^-^

Timeline:

2/18/2009: Mailed I-129F Form

2/20/2009: NOA 1 Receipt Date

3/20/2009: NOA 2 Notice Approval Date

05/28/2009: Interview APPROVED

7/22/2009 --POE (LAX)-- We are together forever <3

AOS Journey Begins Here ^------^

7/28/2009 -- Applied for SSN & Registered for Marriage License

8/3/2009 -- Civil Ceremony

8/5/2009 -- Received Marriage Certificate via Express Mail. Pass DMV Written Exam & Received Permit

08/11/2009-- Mailed AOS to Chicago, IL

08/17/2009 -- Check clears $1010 USCIS

8/20/2009- Touched ^---^

8/21/2009-- NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765 Hard Copy

08/29/2009-- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail, dated 08/26

09/03/2009 -- Early Walk In Biometrics Appt (Original Date 09/23)

09/04/2009 -- Touched ^---^

09/29/2009 -- EAD Card Production

10/07/2009 -- EAD Card Received

10/16/2009 AOS I-485 Interview in Los Angeles(APPROVED)

10/28/2009 -- GC in HAND <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I live about 30 Miles from the California USCIS Office, notice date was March 20, 2009. Actual receiving the letter in the mail was afternoon of March 25, 2009. So 5 days ^-^

me too! i'm 30 miles from csc. hmm...depending on which direction, we might be neighbors! waving.gif

I never got a hard copy NOA 2, 30 days after the e-mail I called and told them, they said to send them 340 bucks and they'll get that right out for me! :angry:

what???? thats awful!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline

Thank you everyone for the replies.

Nik+Heather there was a specific reason I asked the question. I didn’t think posting another 200 words explaining the "why" of my particular situation was going to add value. If you wish to call me obsessive I guess you can. I was just trying to alleviate the concern my SO has on if we received an RFE, NOA2 or nothing with our 109 day "touch" from last Friday. I'm not sure why without knowing anything about me or my situation you would say that about me.

Thanks again,

Danny

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i sent you a pm

same situation for me!

what should we do?

im a bit overwhelmed, isnt the hardcopy NOA2 required for AOS?

fwiw- the USCIS rep said it was mailed out on march 26th

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Noa2 approval/email date - 4.9.09

Noa2 hardcopy - 4.15.09 TAX DAY

rofl :)

So 6 days for us with a holiday weekend in between.

AoS...EaD...AP Journey

09.28.09 - AoS Packet Sent

09.29.09 - Packet Received

10.05.09 - Noa1 x's 3

10.06.09 - Check Cashed

10.09.09 - 3 Noa Hard Copies Arrive

10.14.09 - Biometrics Letter Arrives

10.21.09 - Case Transferred to CSC

10.26.09 - Transfer Letter Arrives

10.27..09 - Touched & Added to Uscis Site

10.28.09 - Walk-In Biometrics Done & Touched

10.29.09 - Touched

10.30.09 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment

11.02 & 11.03.09 - I485 touched

11.12.09 - EaD & AP Approved

11.16.09 - AP Letter Arrives in Mail

11.21.09 - EaD Card Arrives in Mail

12.09.09 - AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12.09.08 - 12.09.09 - Exactly 1 year from K1 first Noa to Aos Approval

Next Step....

Lifting Conditions 9.07.11

x.xThe universe may not always play fair, but at least it's got a hell of a sense of humor x.x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do I need the "hardcopy" for the interview? I thought I could print the email. I only need the "hardcopy" for the AOS.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-01-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-01-13

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :?

NVC Received : 2009-05-20

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Our NOA-2 was dated 3-23-09, and I received the hard copy 3 days later, on 3-26-09. I live in Orange County, where the CSC (where I filed) is located.

THE JOHN (UK) AND CAMIE (US) SHOW

K-1

[*]I-129F Sent : 2009-02-19 [*]I-129F NOA1: 2009-02-23 [*]I-129F NOA2: 2009-03-23 [*]John's Medical: 2009-05-11 [*]John's INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!: 2009-06-08 [*]VISA ARRIVES!!: 2009-06-12 [*]Camie Goes to England : 2009-06-18 [*]Our POE : 2009-06-24 [*]Got married and went to Jack-in-the-Box : 2009-07-07

AOS

[*]AOS Package Sent: 2010-02-13 [*]AOS Package Delivered (per USPS): 2010-02-15 [*]USCIS Email Confirmation (WOO HOO!!): 2010-02-23 [*]AOS Fee Check Cashed: 2010-02-23 [*]USCIS Status Check Available Online: 2010-02-24 [*]I-485 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]I-765 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]Biometrics: 2010-03-18 (letter received 2010-03-08) [*]EAD CARD RECEIVED: 2010-05-06 [*]INTERVIEW: 2010-05-21 - APPROVED [*]RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 2010-06-17 - Lakers FTW, then off to Disneyland to celebrate!

ROC

[*]I-751 Package Sent: 2012-05-18 [*]I-751 Package Delivered (per USPS): 2012-05-19 [*]CSC Fee Check Cashed: 2012-06-06
[*]I-751 NOA1: 2012-06-07 (dated 2012-05-21)
[*]Biometrics: 2012-07-16 (letter received 2012-06-25) [*]RFE: 2013-01-18 (responded on 2013-04-08)
[*]I-751 APPROVED: 2013-04-25 (dated 2013-04-19)

[*]10-Year GC Received: 2013-06-17

Christopher Midian Chance - 7lbs., 5oz., born 11-19-14 :wub:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.