Candy_Vince

Possible denial in K

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hi fellow VJers ,,

Just want to know if there's a possibility that a K1 petition can be deny at USCIS? if so, what are the possible reason ?

Thanks for any inputs.

I believe they just process the paperwork and perform background checks, etc. So they will not "deny" the petition but can request for more evidence or worst case return it if the forms are not filled out correctly or are incomplete.

I believe the Embassy is where a petition would be denied or approved.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi fellow VJers ,,

Just want to know if there's a possibility that a K1 petition can be deny at USCIS? if so, what are the possible reason ?

Thanks for any inputs.

Of course it can be denied.

If you haven't paid the fee.

If you are ineligible (e.g. petitioner is not a USC, or is married, etc.)

You'll get an RFE if there's something wrong with your application paperwork, but otherwise you are basically eligible.

But if you are patently ineligible - you'll just get an outright denial.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

what is the reason, you are afraid of being denied.. if you tell us the EXACT issue, then we can give you an EXACT questions. if not then you'll just be tossed around in this thread...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
what is the reason, you are afraid of being denied.. if you tell us the EXACT issue, then we can give you an EXACT questions. if not then you'll just be tossed around in this thread...

Well, I guess it took sometime to receive an update and I'm wondering the possible things that can happen to a petition. It was filed December then we got an RFE last march 23 and had forwarded the RFE last April 8.No email update nor update in USCIS website :crying: He's USC , single , legally free to marry .

Well, I guess it took sometime to receive an update and I'm wondering the possible things that can happen to a petition. It was filed December then we got an RFE last march 23 and had forwarded the RFE last April 8.No email update nor update in USCIS website :crying: He's USC , single , legally free to marry .

What was the RFE for?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi fellow VJers ,,

Thanks for any inputs.

Yes. An I-129f petition can be denied at the USCIS. If you do not provide any of the needed supporting documents, if you do not meet the qualifications, if you have a criminal record which affects eligibility. Unanswered RFEs can cause a case to be "abandoned", though technically not a denial. There are lots of reasons.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
An additional requirement i guess, my 2x2 photo :star:

I think you should not be afraid of denial. If you arranged your I-129 package carefully and youre filing in good faith then theres no need to worry. RFE is needed sometimes but you need not to worry as long as you send them what they are asking from you. Aprroval just takes time but im sure youll receive yours very soon.

Just keep the faith! Good luck! :yes:

Mr. & Mrs. Nelson

K1 Journey

02-25-08 Met online

12-20-08 Visited Philippines and spent Christmas with me

01-09-09 Sent I-129 F

01-14-09 Received NOA1

03-20-09 Petition approved! 65 days after NOA1

04-24-09 Packet 3 Received

04-29-09 Medical (First day)

05-06-09 Completed Medical and Vaccinations

05-21-09 Interview Date -APPROVED!!! Yey, yey!!!

05-27-09 Visa arrived

06-09-09 POE LA

06-10-09 Wedding Day

AOS Journey

We are now completing the necessary documents.

07-16-09 Applied for SSN but unfornatunately no number yet. The ss office use my married name and now having trouble checking

it with the Homeland Security

08-06-09 Sent packet for AOS

09-22-09 Biometrics

10-01-09 Received EAD

11-03-09 Interview Date - Approved in 9 mins :)

God has a better plan for us. Keep the faith!!

You need to give it some time! It's only been a week. Also bear in mind that the website is not always updated so you could recieve your NOA 2 without seeing any additional touches on the website.

Have a little patience, from the information you have provided, there does not seem to be grounds for a denial at this stage.

Edited by Ellie-and-David

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.