Jenn!

Sarah and Hicham's interview on Tuesday!

62 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Glad it went well :thumbs:

Hope you get the call very soon.

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

glad you got the interview overwith, hope this AP goes smoothly and quickly

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good luck on the AP going smoothly and swiftly.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sarah, great news! Hope he gets the visa so quick. Have a safe trip back and have fun while you are there.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

SARAH !!!!!!

I just came back from the abyss...bad storms in NY over the weekend screwed up my electric-hence no phone line, no cable modem...

I wish you the best interview EVER, and a BIG HUG to you & Hicham !!!

Come back soon-miss chatting w/ ya girl !!

Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Great news! I hope the AP goes fast, but it sounds like that is what they are expecting. See.... I told you not to stress, you don't have the big red flags.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Congrats Sarah & Hicham!!!! I hope you get that call really soon. I'm so glad it went well!!!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys

I just got home from Morocco.

I wanted to thank you all for your kind words Hicham and I really appreciate it.

For those interested I wanted to share the interview experience in Casablanca.

First some background on us:

I'm 2 years older, never married, no kids same for him, I have never sent him money... no red flags

So his interview was on Tues we woke up nice and early to eat breakfast, throw it back up, shower get dressed and take the taxi to the Consulate. The line was very long and we were an hour early. We stook in the line for about 20 minutes until one of the policemen came over to answer questions so Hicham asked about him because everyone else was there for tourist visas. He said ok let me check for your name then he came back about 5 minutes later and told Hicham to come with him so I told him good luck and he was on his way. I watched him all the way until he went inside. Then I was going to go sit at a cafe but honestly I couldn't let the door out of my sight so I stood with the other 100 Moroccans across the street from the Consulate waiting for someone we knew to appear. At noon I saw Hicham come out and I ran across the street to meet him. He was smiling.

Here's what the woman asked him (He had the young woman with short short hair and he said she looked Asian)

First she started to speak English and Hicham said no please speak French and she said

-You don't speak English? How do you communicate with your fiancee? (She lived in France when she was younger from 1995-1997)

-What is her name (Sarah Trenschel)

-When is her date of birth? (10/05/1983)

-What did you send her for her birthday (earrings)

- When was the last time you talked to her? (before entering, she is outside here is her passport and plane tickets as proof)

-What does she do (student/works part time)

- What are her parents names? (Susan and Tom)

- What do they do (accountant and engineer etc.)

- Does she have any brothers or sisters? (brother names Chris)

- What does her brother do? (works at a golf course)

- Where does he live? (Santa Barbara)

- So the whole family lives in Santa Barbara? (Everyone EXCEPT for my Fiancee who lives in San Luis Obispo)

She looked at ALL of our evidence, emails, photos, skype logs, phone card recharges, letter from friend, receipts, plane tickets... she looked over them didn't really read much I guess. Hicham made sure she saw everything and incorporated the evidence into the interview (good boy).

At the end she told him that the interview was good, that everything was in place and in order and that he would get a call on Thurs or Fri to bring in his passport (of course they did not call yet) He said he asked 3 times if everything was ok and what do tell me and she said everything is good the interview went well you can go home and rest now.

Hicham said she was very nice. The interview lasted between 5 and 10 minutes so he waited for about 3 and a half hours inside then had the interview. She sent him out with the 221g marked "other" in french saying they had to do security checks in washington.

As you can see they didn't ask much, I was surprised she didn't ask about my religion, didn't ask if I sent money... nothing about red flags. Hicham was all smiles when he came out he was very excited that she told him they would call in a couple of days. I was a little weary though as I have seen what has happened to people in the past, and present. I went back to the Consulate with the paper and asked the man at the window what it meant and when he would get called he was VERY rude and said this is an administrative procedure you cannot go inside to ask about it just wait it could be 2 weeks. I called DOS today and they said it could take a month so now we have 3 timeframes already yayyy.

Anyways I hope this helps everyone with upcoming nterviews. We practiced a lot and went through everything several times. We were both really nervous and it feels so good to be done with that for now. I decided to go over there at the last minute to be with Hicham and to do everything we could to prepare together.

Take care guys and thanks again for being so sweet!

Sarah

ps. I am so proud of Hicham he did a great job and answered everything and made a lot of effort to practice and get dressed up even though I know he was scared. That's it!

pps. They didn't look or ask for the I-134 and also didn't want the celibacy thingy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ppps. She also asked if we had a formal ceremony when we got engaged he said no just between us and his Dad and sisters at home.

Hi guys

I just got home from Morocco.

I wanted to thank you all for your kind words Hicham and I really appreciate it.

For those interested I wanted to share the interview experience in Casablanca.

First some background on us:

I'm 2 years older, never married, no kids same for him, I have never sent him money... no red flags

So his interview was on Tues we woke up nice and early to eat breakfast, throw it back up, shower get dressed and take the taxi to the Consulate. The line was very long and we were an hour early. We stook in the line for about 20 minutes until one of the policemen came over to answer questions so Hicham asked about him because everyone else was there for tourist visas. He said ok let me check for your name then he came back about 5 minutes later and told Hicham to come with him so I told him good luck and he was on his way. I watched him all the way until he went inside. Then I was going to go sit at a cafe but honestly I couldn't let the door out of my sight so I stood with the other 100 Moroccans across the street from the Consulate waiting for someone we knew to appear. At noon I saw Hicham come out and I ran across the street to meet him. He was smiling.

Here's what the woman asked him (He had the young woman with short short hair and he said she looked Asian)

First she started to speak English and Hicham said no please speak French and she said

-You don't speak English? How do you communicate with your fiancee? (She lived in France when she was younger from 1995-1997)

-What is her name (Sarah Trenschel)

-When is her date of birth? (10/05/1983)

-What did you send her for her birthday (earrings)

- When was the last time you talked to her? (before entering, she is outside here is her passport and plane tickets as proof)

-What does she do (student/works part time)

- What are her parents names? (Susan and Tom)

- What do they do (accountant and engineer etc.)

- Does she have any brothers or sisters? (brother names Chris)

- What does her brother do? (works at a golf course)

- Where does he live? (Santa Barbara)

- So the whole family lives in Santa Barbara? (Everyone EXCEPT for my Fiancee who lives in San Luis Obispo)

She looked at ALL of our evidence, emails, photos, skype logs, phone card recharges, letter from friend, receipts, plane tickets... she looked over them didn't really read much I guess. Hicham made sure she saw everything and incorporated the evidence into the interview (good boy).

At the end she told him that the interview was good, that everything was in place and in order and that he would get a call on Thurs or Fri to bring in his passport (of course they did not call yet) He said he asked 3 times if everything was ok and what do tell me and she said everything is good the interview went well you can go home and rest now.

Hicham said she was very nice. The interview lasted between 5 and 10 minutes so he waited for about 3 and a half hours inside then had the interview. She sent him out with the 221g marked "other" in french saying they had to do security checks in washington.

As you can see they didn't ask much, I was surprised she didn't ask about my religion, didn't ask if I sent money... nothing about red flags. Hicham was all smiles when he came out he was very excited that she told him they would call in a couple of days. I was a little weary though as I have seen what has happened to people in the past, and present. I went back to the Consulate with the paper and asked the man at the window what it meant and when he would get called he was VERY rude and said this is an administrative procedure you cannot go inside to ask about it just wait it could be 2 weeks. I called DOS today and they said it could take a month so now we have 3 timeframes already yayyy.

Anyways I hope this helps everyone with upcoming nterviews. We practiced a lot and went through everything several times. We were both really nervous and it feels so good to be done with that for now. I decided to go over there at the last minute to be with Hicham and to do everything we could to prepare together.

Take care guys and thanks again for being so sweet!

Sarah

Thank you so much for sharing the experience in the Casa consulate because that's where we will be heading. I am glad everything went smooth. I am sure the security checks will go okay, just wish you didn't have to wait so long for that. Congrats!!! Here's hoping for a reunion sooner than later!

PS the ride home must have been a mix of happiness and sadness!

ps. I am so proud of Hicham he did a great job and answered everything and made a lot of effort to practice and get dressed up even though I know he was scared. That's it!

pps. They didn't look or ask for the I-134 and also didn't want the celibacy thingy.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.