2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
There seems to be an atmosphere of nannying and stressing people over minutiae on the UK forum of late. Adjusting to everyday life in the US is demanding enough.

I TOTALLY agree that the UK interview forum has a bunch of people stressing over minutiae, but telling them to relax seems to fall on deaf ears.

+1

Nich, give bakofoil one of your gold stars.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

There seems to be an atmosphere of nannying and stressing people over minutiae on the UK forum of late. Adjusting to everyday life in the US is demanding enough.

I TOTALLY agree that the UK interview forum has a bunch of people stressing over minutiae, but telling them to relax seems to fall on deaf ears.

+1

Bakofoil = :star:

So when is the hillbilly wedding Daymo? Do you have your Dickies overalls and the dueling banjos lined up? :rofl:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

+1

Bakofoil = :star:

So when is the hillbilly wedding Daymo? Do you have your Dickies overalls and the dueling banjos lined up? :rofl:

It's looking like Monday at the moment, but that's dependant on whether or not 'er indoors has to work. If she has to work Monday, then she won't have to work Friday, so it'll be then instead. Up to the courthouse, straight in, straight out, no messing, job done.

On a different note, I have both kids here at home "sick" today. Why the quotations? Because the eldest one burnt herself to a crisp on sunbed (she wants to be tanned for her prom icon_rolleyes.gif) and of course, as soon as little'un realised her big sister wasn't going to school, she developed a mysterious sore throat and started bawling. Of course, their mother had long since departed for work, leaving muggins here to deal with the drama :angry: .

Bloody kids..........

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

ack! i know im one of those worriers. im sorry! i think i should use the PM function of vj more often to maintain a calm, cool, and collected facade in the uk threads.

here's a worry-free update: i applied and got a marriage license yesterday. i was expecting to have to wait because yesteday the state of vermont overturned a gubernatorial veto legalizing same-sex marriage (WOOOHOOOO!!!) and i thought there might be a lot of couples racing to get their licenses, but it was just me. the woman who helped me had a very hard time with the fact that jamie is a UK citizen. 'so they dont have states there? or zip codes?' and i think she did not fully understand jamie's (official) non-hyphenated last name, so may have to go sort that out today.

anyways, one step closer to being able to legitimately post in this thread as AOSer.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

To add to my earlier post.

Just got back from the gym to find my 'Welcome to the United States of America' letters in my mailbox :thumbs:

Checked the website and there were no touches or updates. :wacko:

So if like me you constantly check, don't be disheartened not to see touches or updates, as it goes to show they really don't pay much mind to the 'email notification requests'.

Good luck to everyone waiting on approvals and interviews!

Timeline

Just got back from the gym to find my 'Welcome to the United States of America' letters in my mailbox :thumbs:

So if like me you constantly check, don't be disheartened not to see touches or updates, as it goes to show they really don't pay much mind to the 'email notification requests'.

Congratulations on that. Hopefully, I'll receive my confirmation in the same manner: coming back from the gym, where I'm off to now! And this is one of the things I'd recommend to anyone during the frustrating wait for EAD/GC - gym membership. Go Monday - Friday, and you can sort of treat it like work in your head (sad I know, but it works for me).

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Congratulations. Same for me. No updates on USCIS website. I added your dates to the UK AOS spreadsheet

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Congratulations! :)

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Good morning UK friends. Somebody recently asked me for my list of what I sent for AOS. This is modified from my cover letter and may help some of you get the big picture of what to start preparing. This is for K1s.

I-485 (Adjustment of Status)

Photographs (2) of immigrant (passport type)

Photocopy of birth certificate of immigrant with translaton

Photocopy of passport biographical page and K1 visa page

Form G-325A Biographic Information Sheet (immigrant)

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (by USC) with photocopies of supporting documents: This varies by each applicant so here's generic suggestions

---Employment letter

---3 tax returns including copies of W2s (Photocopy)

---six recent pay stubs (Photocopy)

(If needed)Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (by Co-sponsor) with photocopies of supporting documents:

---Proof of co-sponsors citizenship/status, ie US birth ceritificate, bio page of passport, naturalization papers, or LPR status

---Employment letter

Photocopy of I-797 Notice of Action, I-129 Petition Approval Notice from USCIS (That's your NOA2)

Certified copy of Marriage Certificate

Photocopy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure record (card from the plane, may be stapled in passport)

Form I-693 with the immunization section filled out by a US Civil Surgeon, signed and sealed by him. Read the instructions for the form.

or DS-3025 from UK medical if all shots were completed at Knightsbridge if you want to take that chance

I-765 (Employment Authorization)

Photocopy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure record

I-131 (Advance Parole travel document)

Statement of circumstances that warrant issuance of advance parole

And a check for $1010 made out to the Department of Homeland Security

That's 3 separate applications with supporting evidence all mailed together in one envelope with one check. They will get processed in different places, so that's why the duplication of evidence. You don't have to do all three, but the second two are free if sent with the AOS and will get you authorized to work or travel sooner than waiting for the green card to arrive in most cases. Green card could take 6 months. Work and travel 60-90 days.

Do not work until the I-765 is approved and you have the EAD card

Do not leave the US until the I-131 is approved (K1s) and you get the travel documents or you will not be allowed back in. Once you have a green card, then no problem.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline
Good morning UK friends. Somebody recently asked me for my list of what I sent for AOS. This is modified from my cover letter and may help some of you get the big picture of what to start preparing. This is for K1s.

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (by USC) with photocopies of supporting documents: This varies by each applicant so here's generic suggestions

---Employment letter

(If needed)Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (by Co-sponsor) with photocopies of supporting documents:

---Proof of co-sponsors citizenship/status, ie US birth ceritificate, bio page of passport, naturalization papers, or LPR status

---Employment letter

Photocopy of I-797 Notice of Action, I-129 Petition Approval Notice from USCIS (That's your NOA2)

Photocopy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure record (card from the plane, may be stapled in passport)

Form I-693 with the immunization section filled out by a US Civil Surgeon, signed and sealed by him. Read the instructions for the form.

or DS-3025 from UK medical if all shots were completed at Knightsbridge if you want to take that chance

That's 3 separate applications with supporting evidence all mailed together in one envelope with one check. They will get processed in different places, so that's why the duplication of evidence. You don't have to do all three, but the second two are free if sent with the AOS and will get you authorized to work or travel sooner than waiting for the green card to arrive in most cases. Green card could take 6 months. Work and travel 60-90 days.

Do not leave the US until the I-131 is approved (K1s) and you get the travel documents or you will not be allowed back in. Once you have a green card, then no problem.

And this is why we love ya, mama Nich. From now on, anyone that starts flapping about "ooh, ooh, what do I send for AOS, I'm confused.....etc..." can simply be directed to page 6 of this thread, and have any questions answered. :thumbs:

Great stuff - gold star for you, Nich.

Nich = :star:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

thanks, ms. nich!

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

---Employment letter

---Employment letter

very nice....

we will be applying for the SS# for my fiance tomorrow and getting married the 18th...so we will be filing AOS most likely after the honemoon (end april). i sure dont look forward to spending money on this... :wacko:

K-1 Journey - Please see our timeline

Got IL Drivers License: 7-18-09

New Job Started: 7-20-09

I-485

Sent: 5-20-09

Arrived: 5-25-09 (date on NOA1)

Cashed check: 6-2-09

NOA Date: 6-1-09

Touch: 6-3-09

Touch 6-5-09

Bio Apt Letter Received: 6-8-09 (letter dated 6-4-09)

Biometrics Apt: 6-19-09 @ 8:00AM DONE

Transfer Date: 6-19-09 to California Service Center

Touch: 6-22-09

Touch: 6-25-09

Touch: 8-17-09

Approval Date: 10-8-09 Card production & 10-14-09

Green Card Received: 10-17-09

EAD

Touch: 6-5-09

Bio Apt Letter Received: 6-8-09 (letter dated 6-4-09)

Biometrics Apt: 6-19-09 @ 8:00AM DONE

Touch: 6-22-09 (received and pending)

Card Production Ordered: 7-7-09

Touch: 7-8-09

Received Card in Mail: 7-10-09

AP

Touch: 6-5-09

Approval Date: 6-30-09

Uscis says we were approved 6-30-09 but nothing was updated until 7-2-09 and i didnt receive any email until 7-2-09 from CRIS

Received in Mail : 7-6-09

File I-751: 7/2011

Timeline

Marriage confirmed for Monday @ 08:30!!! :wacko:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

happy future anniversary! : )

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Well done. No arsing about as you would say.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.