HannahP

Any gamers out there?

31 posts in this topic

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/gallerie...imDBDL1_link1-b

I'm mostly an adventure gamer. Was not surprised about Grim Fandango (NOT one of my favorite games) but no Longest Journey or even Last Express? Oddworld was great as old games -- I haven't played them for nearly a decade! Mass Effect, I watched as my husband played it. But no Oblivion or any of the Fallout games?

I need to play Deus Ex.

Also, if you haven't played Planescape Torment, you suck as a gamer.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I liked Space Quest 4. The whole time travel thing was pretty neat. Another adventure game I enjoyed was Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Multiple paths to follow and, as far as I recall, there were two different endings. The first Gabriel Knight game was good and I liked the more mature theme for it. For some reason a lot of adventure gamers love King's Quest 6. I thought it was okay, but nothing remarkable.

Deus Ex is fantastic, but the graphics aren't too good anymore. There's supposed to be a texture pack for it, but I don't think it was ever finished. Oddly enough, Deus Ex 2 (aka Deus Ex: Invisible War) had a texture pack created and it's available for download.

I've played the first two Fallout games and I'm currently giving the third a whirl. As for other RPGs, I haven't tried Mass Effect yet, but I have played both Knights of the Old Republic games. The first was awesome and the second was mediocre. I never finished Baldur's Gate 2. I think I just got tired of it after a while and I hate the Neverwinter Nights games.

Hmmm... it seems most of the RPGs I've played were from BioWare. :P

Never played Kings Quest. Gabriel Knight was interesting but I was playing Twinsun's during the time so.

Hubby LOVED the first Knights game, so. He said it was almost as good as Mass Effect.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
This report doesn't make sense. IMO, I would prefer to have Final Fantasy VII ending be in the number one spot.

I loved that game. It consumed my life at the time (fortunately I was about 16 years old so no biggie there). The final battle of that game had my adrenalin pumping and nostrels flairing! Awesome!

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Gamer here.

Used to play on old mainframes (Old Mud Games), then consoles (basically all of the early ones, my Dad was a nut for them), then the PC. Jeez I'm freaking old... <_<

Currently playing EQ2 and various other stand alone games (C&C, Falcon 4.0, MechWarrior, Harpoon)

Waiting for the Star Trek MMO.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Is there a good naval simulator out there? I used to love "ancient art of war at sea" back in the day

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

fallout 3 rules.. but the ending sucks suck sucks, i was frustrated big time by it

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

fallout 3 rules.. but the ending sucks suck sucks, i was frustrated big time by it

It did seem a bit anti-climatic. But the game was still quite good.

keTiiDCjGVo

Is there a good naval simulator out there? I used to love "ancient art of war at sea" back in the day

Well, if you want the "NTDS" action, just like it is in the CiC of a ship, then Harpoon is the game for you.

Harpoon

This game shows how the actual consoles display on a US/NATO warship. Pretty engaging and fun.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Never played Kings Quest. Gabriel Knight was interesting but I was playing Twinsun's during the time so.

Hubby LOVED the first Knights game, so. He said it was almost as good as Mass Effect.

I loved all the old adventure games (old Sierra and Lucas Arts games), too bad they don't make many like that anymore.

The longest Journey was good, but its sequel kinda fell apart in the end.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Final Fantasy VII's ending has got to be one the VERY best game endings ever! FF VII is my favorite in the series.

I also love old point and click Lucas Arts style games. Grim Fandango was great, Day of the Tentacle was fantastic, Indy Jones and the Fate of Atlantis made me laugh all throughout the game.

Fallout 2 must be one of the most rewarding games as far as seeing what happens in the end goes. Love seeing the effects of what I did which makes Fallout 2 one of the few games I ever felt like playing several times over.

Metal Gear Solid 3 ending battle was so beautiful, great ending for a super fun to play game.

Oh, never played Planescape Torment although would like to, but did play all of the Baldur's Gate ones.

Edited by Luis&Laura

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Final Fantasy VII's ending has got to be one the VERY best game endings ever! FF VII is my favorite in the series.

I also love old point and click Lucas Arts style games. Grim Fandango was great, Day of the Tentacle was fantastic, Indy Jones and the Fate of Atlantis made me laugh all throughout the game.

Fallout 2 must be one of the most rewarding games as far as seeing what happens in the end goes. Love seeing the effects of what I did which makes Fallout 2 one of the few games I ever felt like playing several times over.

Metal Gear Solid 3 ending battle was so beautiful, great ending for a super fun to play game.

Oh, never played Planescape Torment although would like to, but did play all of the Baldur's Gate ones.

I'm looking forward to the new FF game on PS3 next year. I havent played the last 2 or 3 incarnations because FF IX sucked but I feel ready for another long adventure.

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)