Peru2023

I 130 / K3 Visa Help!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello,

I am new to this so please be patient with me. I recently got married to my wife in Peru, and had a beautiful daughter 7 months ago. I am in th US, and my daughter and wife are both in Peru. I recently sent the I 130, and want to know the next steps. Please help. this has been a long time now. I am a US citizen, my baby is a US cictizen. It has been 7 months since I seen both of them. I need this to go smothly and quickly. Please help. Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You've filed the right thing. Read through the Guides here on VJ to famiarize yourself with the entire process.

Best of luck!

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Hello,

I am new to this so please be patient with me. I recently got married to my wife in Peru, and had a beautiful daughter 7 months ago. I am in th US, and my daughter and wife are both in Peru. I recently sent the I 130, and want to know the next steps. Please help. this has been a long time now. I am a US citizen, my baby is a US cictizen. It has been 7 months since I seen both of them. I need this to go smothly and quickly. Please help. Thank you.

Forget the I-129F and go all the way with the I-130. Google "Ling Ches NVC shortcuts". They will speed things up.

K3 is no longer that faster and cost more plus a LOT of hassel and stress compared with the CR-1. Surf around here on VJ as there are LOTS of threads comparing the 2 visas.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You won't find ling che short cut by googling, but you will find it by using the WIKI from Visa journey. Anyways, here is the link

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hello,

Once you approve (NOA2 from USCIS), then things will faster at NVC level so get ready with the require documents. Check the links below:

Lingche shortcut:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut

James’s shortcut:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...s%27s_Shortcuts

Loto guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...nited_States%3F

NVC documents list:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

*IR-1 Visa* VSC

I-130 (IR-1):

07/22/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-130 NOA2: Approved in 210 days from NOA1 date

I-129F (K-3):

08/11/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-129F NOA2: Approved in 190 days from NOA1 date

<not pursuing I-129F petition further but NVC forwarded case to Consulate on 02/24/2009>

NVC Journey:

02/19/2009: NVC Received/Case number assigned for I-130

02/20/2009: DS-3032 sent by e-mail and 03/04/2009: DS-3032 sent by regular mail

02/26/2009: NVC received DS-3032 Choice of Agent selection

02/26/2009: DS-3032 accepted and AOS Bill Generated but not IV Bill

02/28/2009: AOS Bill Package received in mail

02/28/2009: Paid AOS Bill and IV Bill (as it was available) online

03/03/2009: Both AOS and IV Bill Show as Paid and Coversheet Printed

03/04/2009: Mailed I-864 and IV (DS-230) Packages

03/06/2009: I-864 and IV Packages Received by NVC and Scanned on 03/10/2009

03/13/2009: Case completed at NVC (in 17 working days from date NVC Received)

03/25/2009: Interview date assigned by NVC

US Consulate @ Mumbai, India

04/02/2009: Medical Exam (based on NVC e-mail for interview)

04/13/2009: Interview Packet Received from US Consulate

04/16/2009: Documents submitted at VFS office

[Classified]: Date of Interview

USA Journey

02/21/2009: Permanent Resident # Received (Ref: NOA2 of USCIS)

05/2009: POE

##/##/2009: Permanent Resident Card

##/##/2009: SSN

Love must be sincere............Roman 12:9

Timeline
You won't find ling che short cut by googling, but you will find it by using the WIKI from Visa journey. Anyways, here is the link

Ok, but is it my understanding, after I file the I130 and get a notice, I can file the I129F ( K3 Visa)? That way she can come here, and we can finish the rest of the paperwork while she is here?

I need to know the fastest way. Thanks

Ok, but is it my understanding, after I file the I130 and get a notice, I can file the I129F ( K3 Visa)? That way she can come here, and we can finish the rest of the paperwork while she is here?

EVERYBODY needs the fastest way. K3 ends up a little bit faster but can end up "longer". You can still be deported after the AOS interview, You can also have to wait up to a year+ for your green card.

CR-1 gets their GC and SS card shortly after arriving in the US. K3 may take a LONG time. No additional cost or interview for the CR-1.

Surf around here on VJ and you will see most EVERYONE prefers the CR-1 to a K3.

I blew it and did the K3/K4 and regret it BIGTIME!!! :bonk:

Definitely wasn't worth the month or so we saved with the K3. Ended up costing us an extra $3,000+ also.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

EVERYBODY needs the fastest way. K3 ends up a little bit faster but can end up "longer". You can still be deported after the AOS interview, You can also have to wait up to a year+ for your green card.

CR-1 gets their GC and SS card shortly after arriving in the US. K3 may take a LONG time. No additional cost or interview for the CR-1.

Definitely wasn't worth the month or so we saved with the K3. Ended up costing us an extra $3,000+ also.

Im just looking for advice on how to bring them here the fastest. For me it is worth the extra money if they are here with me. Im not to familar with CR-1 or K3. I just need to know which is easier with less hassle for her while she is there. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Im just looking for advice on how to bring them here the fastest. For me it is worth the extra money if they are here with me. Im not to familar with CR-1 or K3. I just need to know which is easier with less hassle for her while she is there. Thanks

Look, after you send the I-130 you'd have to send the I-129 to apply for the K3.

These days USICS have been approving both at the same day, like happened to me. After that you can choose either stick with K3 and ignore de CR1, or the opposite way. I was a K3 who changed to CR1 because the time difference between the interviews is really short. A girl that I know from here, she had her K3 interview for March 23 and got the CR1 interview for April 7. In some cases you can even use your K3 interview date for the CR1 interview.

So, even if 2 weeks would be a lot to you, forget the name CR1 and go search like crazy for everything related to K3. Go to the Guides and Wiki section of this page and you will find everything there.

:) Good luck.

----------------------------------------------

Our Timeline:

(California Service Center)

I-129F and I-130

11/23/08 - I-130 sent

12/16/08 - I-129F sent

02/23/09 - NOA2 I-130

02/23/09 - NOA2 I-129F

CR1 Process on NVC:

03/03/09 - NVC received papers

03/05/09 - NVC number assigned

03/09/09 - NVC generated DS 3032 and AOS bill

03/10/09 - E-mailed and mailed DS 3032

03/13/09 - Paid for AOS bill

03/18/09 - Choice of agent accepted by e-mail

03/20/09 - Got e-mail with IV bill

03/20/09 - Paid for IV bill

03/25/09 - Sent the IV DS-230 packet by mail direct from beneficiary's country

03/28/09 - Sent the AOS packet by mail

04/01/09 - AOS packet delivered at NVC

04/08/09 - DS-230 Packet delivered at NVC ( I don't know why that long it was stuck at Customs for like 2 weeks!!!)

04/09/09 - AVR says it's missing the DS-230 (False RFE)

04/09/09 - AOS approved

04/10/09 - DS 230 entered into the system, probably under review now.

04/13/09 - AVR says "The NVC has received the checklist letter response on April 10th"

04/20/09 - Case Completed at NVC

04/24/09 - Got e-mail with the appointment letter

Consular Process

05/26/09 - Medical Exam

06/03/09 - Interview Date!!!! PASSED!!

06/06/09 - Received passport and the Big Brown Envelope

06/24/09 - POE

-----------------------------------------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The answers that you are looking for are in the guides as well as the comments/advice from members. There are no shortcuts.

Do some work for yourself as well as waiting for others to share their experiences. That way you will be able to make the best decision for your situation.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

The answers that you are looking for are in the guides as well as the comments/advice from members. There are no shortcuts.

Do some work for yourself as well as waiting for others to share their experiences. That way you will be able to make the best decision for your situation.

I am doing the work myself! I just thought by asking questions and getting sugestions it would save me some time instead of trying to figure out what to do and where to look on this site. Thanks anyway

"Im just looking for advice on how to bring them here the fastest. For me it is worth the extra money if they are here with me. Im not to familar with CR-1 or K3. I just need to know which is easier with less hassle for her while she is there. Thanks"

K3 is faster by about a month. Lots more hassell and stress as she has to adjust status when in the US. Means a interview for you and her at your local USCIS office. "Possible denial and she "may" not get her GC for a long time. You don't care about cost but it's another $1010 filing fee.

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.