Igor Brukker

IMBRA RFE Scan

60 posts in this topic

Ok, the questions begin. I met Luz through Yahoo personals. I am guessing that it isn't a MB but I would like to hear that from someone official. I had one previous petition MORE than 2 years ago. If I read that right I don't think I need the wavier. Right?

Gary

Im not official but it seems very clear on the RFE what they require.......

If you have filed two or more K-1 petitions at any time in the past or previously had a K-1 petition approved within two years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver.

You say you had a previous petition more then 2 years ago. That would mean the above DOES NOT apply in your case as you have only had ONE previous petition. Being outside of the two years, the second part does not apply either.

Yahoo Personals.......NO WAY :no: and I will bet my life on that.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Ok, the questions begin. I met Luz through Yahoo personals. I am guessing that it isn't a MB but I would like to hear that from someone official. I had one previous petition MORE than 2 years ago. If I read that right I don't think I need the wavier. Right?

Gary

If you have filed two or more K-1 petitions at any time in the past or previously had a K-1 petition approved within two years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver.

You say you had a previous petition more then 2 years ago. That would mean the above DOES NOT apply in your case as you have only had ONE previous petition. Being outside of the two years, the second part does not apply either.

Thanks Aussie, I kind of thought that but I guess after all this I am getting gun-shy.

Got my IMBRA RFE in the mail today, and already sent it back to Vermont.

Here is a scan of the RFE IMBRA_RFE.pdf

Thank is so helpful to see what it looks like. Looks simple enough , very much like the new section on the newest version of the 129F petiton. Good luck! You are on your way!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok i have question about the marriage broker question.

I met my fiancee in june 2005 on filipinaheart but that was before the law was in affect.

1. is filipinaheart a marriage brokerage by the laws terms?

2.with us meeting before the law actually being in affect do i have to say yes or no for the question?

This is so confusing because how can they hold us to something that wasnt even in affect a year ago

anyone have an idea on this?

Edited by gobdogman

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

Ok i have question about the marriage broker question.

I met my fiancee in june 2005 on filipinaheart but that was before the law was in affect.

1. is filipinaheart a marriage brokerage by the laws terms?

2.with us meeting before the law actually being in affect do i have to say yes or no for the question?

This is so confusing because how can they hold us to something that wasnt even in affect a year ago

anyone have an idea on this?

It does not matter when you met, only when you filed your petition. I know, that sucks but thems the rules. I don't know about this filipinaheart site. Is it geared only to introducing Philipinas to men from other countries? If so then I would say yes, it is a marriage broker.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well i dont have any criminal record so i am not too worried about the whole IMBRA just hope that being as that the filipinaheart website didnt ask me for the information before us talking online doesnt cause us more delays because that is part of the law also that the marriage brokerage is supposed to collect the information before you can have contact with the other members.

Being that it wasnt a law a year ago they never collected that info from me.

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

Filed: Timeline
Got my IMBRA RFE in the mail today, and already sent it back to Vermont.

Here is a scan of the RFE IMBRA_RFE.pdf

Thanks for sharing this. It seems odd that no question relates to the limitation on the number of application you had filed or had approved in the past two years. I guess because it is unenforceable in that it attempts to apply the law retroactively which may be unconstitutional since prior to the effective date of March 06th, 2006 no such limitation existed. They are only requesting that you voluntarily seek a waiver if you know that you have filed more than two K-1 visa before March 06th, 2006. I think it was intended for the post March 06th, 2006 serial applicants by then there will also be database to verify their accuracy

I have some thoughts and comments on this. If you met your fiance before March 6 2006 then the whole question of how you met is moot. The rest of the law will still apply ie. criminal background and number of petitions. So for you it's not the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act but the Alien Fiance Regulation Act. (I just made that up :) ) If you met AFTER March 6 2006 then the only thing that will change is the MB should have gotten this info they are now asking for and gave it to the fiance before exchanging personal info. If they didn't provide the background of the USC then the penalty would be on the broker and not the petitioner. I can't see them denying a petition because of a f##k up on the brokers part. It just wouldn't stand up to a court challenge. From the way they are applying this law however, they are asking EVERYONE for the criminal background checks. The law is misnamed and misleading.

Just my thoughts here. Take it for what it's worth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Gary

I and my Fiance' met on Match.com. I would like to know it is considered as a "Marriage Broker"?

we are also waiting for RFE. if we know we will will have the correct answer....Thanks

Robert (U.S.A.)------^--^------Waenphetch (Thailand)

September 27' 2005 -------------------------(Met online)

May 16' 2006---------- (Mailed application from Chiangmai, Thailand) to NSC

June 9' 2006--------- (NOA 1 Receipt date) ---CSC----

September 7' 2006------------(NOA 2 Receipt date)

December 20' 2006 (7 a.m.) -----------INTERVIEW Approved IMBRA discussed[/color]

December 24' 2006 ---------- POE - LA

December 26' 2006 ------------ Civil Marriage

December 28' 2006 ------------ Applied for SSN

January' 19' 2007 ------------- SSN Received

AOS Chicago

December 29' 2006 ----------- Mailed I-485

January' 5' 2007 -------------- NOA Receipt date (MSC)

January' 23' 2007 ------------ I-485 Transferred to CSC

January 26' 2007 ------------ Biometric done

February 7' 2007 ------------ Case pending at CSC

October 19, 2007 ------------ Approved email from CRIS (welcome notice sent on Oct 18)

March 14, 2007 ------------ Mailed I - 765

May 4, 2007 ----------- I-765 approved

May 30, 2007 ----------- got a great job at www.swipeclock.com as an Accountant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I was just told by my lawyer that Yahoo does not count as a MB so I would guess that Match.com would fall into the same category.

[color=#3333FF]oh! Thanks GaryC :thumbs: , at least make us happy

wishing all good news soon[/color]!

[color=#3333FF]Littleone & Robert[/color]

I was just told by my lawyer that Yahoo does not count as a MB so I would guess that Match.com would fall into the same category.

[color=#3333FF]oh! Thanks GaryC :thumbs: , at least make us happy

wishing all good news soon[/color]!

[color=#3333FF]Littleone & Robert[/color]

:D sorry...not good at making post :P(F)

Robert (U.S.A.)------^--^------Waenphetch (Thailand)

September 27' 2005 -------------------------(Met online)

May 16' 2006---------- (Mailed application from Chiangmai, Thailand) to NSC

June 9' 2006--------- (NOA 1 Receipt date) ---CSC----

September 7' 2006------------(NOA 2 Receipt date)

December 20' 2006 (7 a.m.) -----------INTERVIEW Approved IMBRA discussed[/color]

December 24' 2006 ---------- POE - LA

December 26' 2006 ------------ Civil Marriage

December 28' 2006 ------------ Applied for SSN

January' 19' 2007 ------------- SSN Received

AOS Chicago

December 29' 2006 ----------- Mailed I-485

January' 5' 2007 -------------- NOA Receipt date (MSC)

January' 23' 2007 ------------ I-485 Transferred to CSC

January 26' 2007 ------------ Biometric done

February 7' 2007 ------------ Case pending at CSC

October 19, 2007 ------------ Approved email from CRIS (welcome notice sent on Oct 18)

March 14, 2007 ------------ Mailed I - 765

May 4, 2007 ----------- I-765 approved

May 30, 2007 ----------- got a great job at www.swipeclock.com as an Accountant

Anyone else see a red herring in the midst of this form?....

I understood that the "waiver" that the new law included was specifically related to the number of prior K1 application filings by the petitioner. Now, the RFE includes reference to a "waiver" needed for any criminal conviction as well?!!

It was my fear that the delays were very much due to the Justice Dept/Homeland Security's efforts to expand the law beyond what was written. Am I alone in reading the law and RFE this way?

The waivers for criminal convictions where also included in the IMBRA.......there is no red herring in that regard.

‘‘©(i) The Secretary of Homeland Security is not limited by

the criminal court record and shall grant a waiver of the condition

described in the second sentence of subparagraph (B) in the case

of a petitioner described in clause (ii).

‘‘(ii) A petitioner described in this clause is a petitioner who

has been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty and who is

or was not the primary perpetrator of violence in the relationship

upon a determination that—

‘‘(I) the petitioner was acting in self-defense;

‘‘(II) the petitioner was found to have violated a protection

order intended to protect the petitioner; or

‘‘(III) the petitioner committed, was arrested for, was convicted

of, or pled guilty to committing a crime that did not

result in serious bodily injury and where there was a connection

between the crime and the petitioner’s having been battered

or subjected to extreme cruelty.

‘‘(iii) In acting on applications under this subparagraph, the

Secretary of Homeland Security shall consider any credible evidence

relevant to the application. The determination of what evidence

is credible and the weight to be given that evidence shall be within

the sole discretion of the Secretary.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I wish they would give examples of what they considered international marriage brokers. According to the RFE ("any blah blah blah blah that charges fees"), it's basically any paid services.

I met my fiance in 1998 at a friend's party, but we eventually lost touch. We ran into each other in 2005 on a FREE dating/friendship website. So since the site is free, and since we technically didn't meet through it, than it doesn't apply to me. I hope I'm right :unsure:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

I assume on question 2 and 3 if you haven't had any convictions or abuse you just don't check anything right? :unsure:

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I assume on question 2 and 3 if you haven't had any convictions or abuse you just don't check anything right? :unsure:

that is my guess. I am surprised they don't have a space for saying "none" since they are so keen on that throughout the I-129F application!

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.