goncaptive

CSC NOA2 in 31 days???

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I am really curious as to why CSC has approved so many people from Dec - Feb, with still many from Sept - Nov with no touches and no NOA2. It was my understanding they are supposed to go in order. I have nothing against anyone who has received their NOA2 who have filed later than me.

All these fast approvals are really throwing out of whack any reasonable estimate of approval dates when looking at a personal timeline. My latest shows:

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between February 11, 2009 and March 8, 2009*.

So, it is still less than the official 6 months estimate at the CSC processing timeline site. A suggestion in the personal timeline box says:

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition.

OK, so if I was to call what do you say to the CALL CENTER employee who has no way to really give you any information. It is still within the 6 month guidelines for CSC processing times for K-1's. About the only thing I can think of is to write my congressman and ask him why so many people are getting approved who have filed after many others?

With everyone's timeline estimates of when the K-1 might be adjudicated being affected will this now encourage many people from Jan-Feb to call.

If you doubt what I say you can look at Igor's list to see how many from Sept - Nov are still waiting for NOA2 and even earlier.

well, i totally agree with you, and i of course i have no clue why, but sure, if i were you i woudl feel the same, and thinkit's not fair.

maybe you should see with your congressman. bc it's mùore than 4 months for you.

and you can call, you are totally in your rights to ask why you haven't had any news. (and this, jan. or feb filers approved or not. that's abs; not correlated). they say that you have to wait 90days to ask any informations;

and the visa journey site just provide datas and dateline according to waht we, users, we give, in any case it can be taken into account by ,any US gov/ it's not bc visajourney make estimation that it has to be relevant or offers any guarantee for the delays. please don't mix carotts and bananas.

so, the best for you is to knock at your congressman's door, or give a ring at the service center.

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

per new igor's list

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php

situation is disgusting for K1/K3 at vsc

and for i130 at vsc situation is chaotic

csc and vsc go more or less in order for K1 and K3

both go same pace for K1 and K3

for vsc has 2 months bigger queue

40% for jan K1 csc

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthl...=2&sortby=2

40% for jan K3 csc

15% for dec K3 vsc

15% for dec K1 vsc

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthl...;sortby=2\

for IR / CR

csc goes more or less fifo

vsc goes fast on dec jan files but has forgotten sep-oct-nov filers

30% for jan I130 csc

30% for oct I130 vsc

70% for jan I130 vsc

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hola!

We got our I-I130F accepted in 19 days at CSC.

They showed us a receipt date of 2/26/2009 and a priority date of 2/20/2009. There was a notice date of 03/16/2009.

I did not send in a I-129F and we also have our son's consular birth certificate showing that he is an USA citizen. Our application was sent to CSC, instead of VSC even though I live in PA.

Looks like they got more employees at CSC and the newer applications are going to the new personel. The backlogged files are still in the holding areas with the backlogged applications for the original workers.

Been to Colombia 17 times!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I hope that they continue this for us, but I also hope for the Vermont ppl that they speed up some more, or move a couple more apps over. I don't mind waiting 60 days so that we can speed up VSC by a month.

You are so sweet! What a nice, unselfish thought. Thank you for thinking it!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I am really curious as to why CSC has approved so many people from Dec - Feb, with still many from Sept - Nov with no touches and no NOA2. It was my understanding they are supposed to go in order. I have nothing against anyone who has received their NOA2 who have filed later than me.

All these fast approvals are really throwing out of whack any reasonable estimate of approval dates when looking at a personal timeline. My latest shows:

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between February 11, 2009 and March 8, 2009*.

So, it is still less than the official 6 months estimate at the CSC processing timeline site. A suggestion in the personal timeline box says:

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition.

OK, so if I was to call what do you say to the CALL CENTER employee who has no way to really give you any information. It is still within the 6 month guidelines for CSC processing times for K-1's. About the only thing I can think of is to write my congressman and ask him why so many people are getting approved who have filed after many others?

With everyone's timeline estimates of when the K-1 might be adjudicated being affected will this now encourage many people from Jan-Feb to call.

If you doubt what I say you can look at Igor's list to see how many from Sept - Nov are still waiting for NOA2 and even earlier.

well, i totally agree with you, and i of course i have no clue why, but sure, if i were you i woudl feel the same, and thinkit's not fair.

maybe you should see with your congressman. bc it's mùore than 4 months for you.

and you can call, you are totally in your rights to ask why you haven't had any news. (and this, jan. or feb filers approved or not. that's abs; not correlated). they say that you have to wait 90days to ask any informations;

and the visa journey site just provide datas and dateline according to waht we, users, we give, in any case it can be taken into account by ,any US gov/ it's not bc visajourney make estimation that it has to be relevant or offers any guarantee for the delays. please don't mix carotts and bananas.

so, the best for you is to knock at your congressman's door, or give a ring at the service center.

I spoke with my attorney, and even he thought our 28 day turn-around was about the quickest he had seen. He did mention that sometimes they will stack up the attorney-filed applications and process them first, since they are pretty sure there won't be any surprises in the paperwork.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-19

NVC Received : 2009-04-01

Interview Date : 2009-06-03

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
I spoke with my attorney, and even he thought our 28 day turn-around was about the quickest he had seen. He did mention that sometimes they will stack up the attorney-filed applications and process them first, since they are pretty sure there won't be any surprises in the paperwork.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry I just find this comment a little humorous after reading so many comments from this board on how their attorneys have been so inept. Even if that was true that should not be any basis for why they look at a newer application as opposed to older ones.

I understand all what you say but timelines here at VJ, I believe, are indicative of what one should expect. Yes, many drop out and don't update their timelines, but I don't feel there are enough of these cases to account for all the people still waiting. From my understanding they are supposed to go back to the warehouse and pull out your file, with no preconceived notions. If they find something in your file that warrants an RFE then they send one out. Then they go on to the next file until your RFE is returned. It's not rocket science.

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

Timeline

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry I just find this comment a little humorous after reading so many comments from this board on how their attorneys have been so inept. Even if that was true that should not be any basis for why they look at a newer application as opposed to older ones.

I was just passing along what my attorney had to say and wasn't embellishing anything for anyone's sake. Frankly speaking, nothing would surprise me with how our government processes things!

For all I know we'll be delayed at the next stage, so I'll take this bit encouragement for now.

Filed: Timeline
I was just passing along what my attorney had to say and wasn't embellishing anything for anyone's sake. Frankly speaking, nothing would surprise me with how our government processes things!

For all I know we'll be delayed at the next stage, so I'll take this bit encouragement for now.

Congrats and don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

I agree it is not far but I wouldn't worry if I was you.. I have seen this many times before.. when I was waiting for my own I129F approval, there were also people approved within a month, we also thought they were speeding things up, in the end we still had 'normal' timelines.. for some reason there is always a few people slipping through (although I have to admit that it looks like many right now).. unless there are a lot more of these fast approvals coming, I wouldn't sweat it at all, at least not until you hit the 6 months mark ;)

They're not likely to do anything for him as the 'magic number' is 6 months.. anything faster than 6 months is within the timelimit to them so they only bother to call the USCIS (and the USCIS doesn't even bother then sometimes, look at Estadia for example, she is waiting for more than a year already) after the file date of the application is longer than 6 months ago.

It is a nice explanation but not something I would believe, the attorneys need a way to justify their existence as they can not do anything more or less than what normal people can do. I do not understand that they can actually be called immigration 'lawyers' because all they do is tell you what stuff you need to give to them and they file the package for you, all for a very high price... they sounds more like some kind of scam lol.. it has nothing to do with legal stuff. If they could really make things faster and really could make things better, then how come there are a couple of people in here for over a year already without any approval? Nah, my opinion is that those immigration lawyers are a waste of money.. with some research you can do anything yourself and safe a shitload of money (yes, even if you had a conviction or something in the past.. so did I but I still got my greencard and no attorney needed).

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really dont think the attorney speeds anything up. I didnt use one and we got our NOA2 in 30 days. That just sounds like a line he would spit out to justify his job. I just dont want anyone new to VJ to read this and think an attorney would speed things up only to waste their money. Maybe CSC is just speeding things up?

Edited by Joyce/Jeremy

J&J

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-13

Timeline

I really dont think the attorney speeds anything up. I didnt use one and we got our NOA2 in 30 days. That just sounds like a line he would spit out to justify his job. I just dont want anyone new to VJ to read this and think an attorney would speed things up only to waste their money. Maybe CSC is just speeding things up?

Yeah, you might be right about the justification! He had worked out a few of my Russian friend's cases when I was working over there, so I thought it wouldn't hurt. You're probably right that it may not actually help at all.

He was gone on vacation to Italy last month, and I suppose my retainer helped pay for that. Oh well! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I hope that they continue this for us, but I also hope for the Vermont ppl that they speed up some more, or move a couple more apps over. I don't mind waiting 60 days so that we can speed up VSC by a month.

You are so sweet! What a nice, unselfish thought. Thank you for thinking it!

:D everyone deserves to be with the ones they love. I figured I wouldnt get my NOA2 until the end of July anyway when I started this whole thing, so if I have to wait till May its not going to kill me, because it would still be earlier, and would get some of you who have been waiting to your loved ones faster :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

didnt hit the edit quite quick enough, forgot this part...

Frenchwife - i looked at the list and you are right, VSC's queue is a bit bigger atm. Just December alone CSC took 59 applications, compaired with 92 VSC ones (registered on VJ of course...I assume these numbers where bigger) so thats about twice as many people to get through. Each month after December is about 15-20 people more with VSC than CSC, so that could be slowing things down for sure. Hopefully if they get too fast (I'm sorry I do believe anything under 30 days is "too fast" even when we really want to be with those others...especially while people are waiting) that they spread things out again like they did last year when VSC was lagging behind.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
They're not likely to do anything for him as the 'magic number' is 6 months.. anything faster than 6 months is within the timelimit to them so they only bother to call the USCIS (and the USCIS doesn't even bother then sometimes, look at Estadia for example, she is waiting for more than a year already) after the file date of the application is longer than 6 months ago.

I am well aware of that. I have never in my previous 60 years on this planet ever written a representative in government. But, this time I decided I would:

March 25, 2009

The Honorable nnnn

242 Cannon House Office Building

United States House of Representatives

Washington D.C. 20515

Dear Congressman nnn:

I am writing to question my perceived lack of fairness with the processing of I-129F K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa applications at the California Service Center (CSC).

It has always been my understanding applications are supposed to be processed in the order in which they are received. In the past couple of months this does not appear to be the case, at least at the California Service Center. Over the past two months it appears the majority of application approvals have been for couples who have waited a shorter period than many others.

The best way for me to show my point is to review the attached pages. All statistics are gathered from a very popular website, although not official, I feel is very indicative of what is happening with all applications. (I cite my sources as links to Igor’s list and another link from above.)

The table on page one shows the last 20 I-129F application approvals from CSC. As you can see only one person on this list received their NOA1 before December 2008. The remaining 19 are from December 2008 to February 2009.

The second table shows people awaiting approvals with earlier NOA1 dates than many that have been approved. This shows the 38 applicants from Sep 08 - Nov 08 awaiting action on their application. All still within the suggested processing time from the CSC site:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=CSC

The third page shows a graph which leads to my point about lack of fairness. After an application is received I have been lead to believe it is recorded as received and a NOA1 is sent to the applicant. The file is then put in storage until applications received prior have begun initial processing. I do not think it ‘fair’ that many applicants have received their NOA2 or initial processing for Dec 2008 – Feb 2009 while there are still 38 still on the list from Sep 08 – Nov 08 with no initial action at all on their applications.

I am not asking you to specifically ask about my petition. According to the guidelines it is still too early for that specific request. There are still many ahead of me on the table on page 2 which should be considered ahead of me. I would like to find out why there is an apparent lack of fairness in this process.

Sincerely,

Name

Address

City, State, Zip

H -phone

W-phone

This is really all I can do at the moment and go back to just being patient.

For those who are just guessing about how applications are processed I suggest you go HERE! to review A Question and Answer Session with a former USCIS Adjudicator between VisaJourney members. Maybe I should amend that to 'how' they were processed.

Again, I wish to congratulate everyone who has received an NOA2 with very short waiting times. When I began this process of waiting I set my mind to believe it would be between 4-6 months until NOA2.

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.