AmyStan

Tourist visa to US from Philippines

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Face it the whole process is slanted in favor of white couples , who use visa waivers to visit all during the relationship. Those of us with a partner from a non white area have to hope that partner has several times the average income from that country just sitting in the bank for years to be able to visit us. This process doesn't come anywhere close to being equal and without prejudice. It favors older white men bringing younger partners. It favors white couples.

the process favours people who are less likely to become a burden upon American taxpayers and less likely to violate immigration law. if people from nigeria, and china, and phillipines, and several other countries would stop violating immigration laws and becoming a burden upon American taxpayers then things would be a lot easier for visitors from their country.

not all illegals are mexican.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

A friend was turned down at Manila for a tourist visa specifically because she was engaged to the American she wanted to visit, and the K-1 petition was already in process at Vermont.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Face it the whole process is slanted in favor of white couples , who use visa waivers to visit all during the relationship. Those of us with a partner from a non white area have to hope that partner has several times the average income from that country just sitting in the bank for years to be able to visit us. This process doesn't come anywhere close to being equal and without prejudice. It favors older white men bringing younger partners. It favors white couples.

the process favours people who are less likely to become a burden upon American taxpayers and less likely to violate immigration law. if people from nigeria, and china, and phillipines, and several other countries would stop violating immigration laws and becoming a burden upon American taxpayers then things would be a lot easier for visitors from their country.

not all illegals are mexican.

Our joint family income will be in the 6 figure area and my real estate equtity is over 1/2 mil . Not sure where you get him being a potential burden to society from that other than making an arragant assumption that non white couples are welfare types If you want to prevent burdens to society get rid of co sponsors and substituting assets. But I bet most of those are the poor white trash that want to come over and live off mommy daddy and welfare.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

No no no! Visas and the USCIS have nothing to do with racial issues! That is such old world thinking and its hard to swallow that you would even suggest that. It is simply meant to ASSURE that the potential immigrant has sufficient ties to their home country, so that the US and the home country is SURE that they will return and follow LEGAL procedures! Not all immigrants are NON-White!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My recommendation would be to forget the tourist visa. Filipinos have a difficult time getting tourist visas to the US because so many of them in the past came on a tourist visit and never went home. It's not a racial issue as some are trying to make it here, it's more of a first world/third world issue. It's easy for a US citizen to travel to Nigeria since very few would want to stay there.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm considering flying my fiancee to the US while we're waiting for the K1 process; a few weeks and then she will return to await the interview, etc. I am unable to get enough time off work anytime soon to make it worthwhile.

I have heard that tourist visas can be difficult to obtain and generally require substantial assets in a bank in the Philippines to show a high likelihood the person will return. Is this true?

With the fees already paid, anticipated fees to pay, upcoming airline fares when she gets the visa, wedding, etc, I don't have several thousand to give her to deposit in a bank there.

Any help, or general information on a tourist visa to the US from the Philippines, would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry to say it but if she doesnt have land, home and other things of value then dont waste your time and money trying for a tourist visa because it wont happen. From start to finish it only took ShaSha about 7 months to come to the US on a K1 visa so maybe you should just do that. Anyone will tell you most tourist visa from the Philippines dont happen if you are not one of the few very rich Filipinos. I love the country and ShaSha received her Green Card the middle of Feb so we are actually in PI now to see family but the US is to tuff on Filipino tourist visa.

Edited by ChrisB0707

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For tourist visa, you will be gambling with a total $260 of visa fee and medical fee and the possibility of getting one is next to impossible.

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

I'm considering flying my fiancee to the US while we're waiting for the K1 process; a few weeks and then she will return to await the interview, etc. I am unable to get enough time off work anytime soon to make it worthwhile.

I have heard that tourist visas can be difficult to obtain and generally require substantial assets in a bank in the Philippines to show a high likelihood the person will return. Is this true?

With the fees already paid, anticipated fees to pay, upcoming airline fares when she gets the visa, wedding, etc, I don't have several thousand to give her to deposit in a bank there.

Any help, or general information on a tourist visa to the US from the Philippines, would be appreciated. Thanks!

read this (from http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-ap...ation.html#4.6) AND the visa application form itself (you can get this from uscis.gov)...

4.6)...Can my fiance(e) come to the US to visit me once the visa process is started?

This may actually be the most common question in the newsgroup, asked on a near daily basis.

A..I wrote to the Embassy in London and I was given this reply: "If you wish to make a temporary visit to the US while your application for a Fiance(e) visa is being processed, you will require a visitor's visa (B-1/B-2) or, if you meet the conditions, travel visa-free. However, all travelers to the US are subject to inspection at the port of entry by an immigration officer who has the right to deny admissions. As the beneficiary of an approved Fiance(e) visa (petition) you may have difficulty convincing the officer that you are not an intending immigrant."

A.. If the fiance(e)..."Has a residence in a foreign country which the alien does not intend to abandon", and if the fiance(e) is "An alien coming to meet the alien's fiance(e)'s family (to become engaged; to make arrangements for a wedding; or to renew a relationship with the prospective spouse)", then they can enter the US on a B2 visa. (Quotes from the USCIS (INS) Inspectors Field Manual). This does not specifically address an alien with a "K1 visa application pending". Proving an intention to return home might mean showing...

Current enrollment in school

Employment in the home country

Strong family ties to the home country

(t depends on each visa appli(ation...the documents presented prior to tourist visa interview, the interview itself (if documents aren't good, she's denied already and interview becomes a formality)

if you want to improve chances of approval, you should have a a very unique reason why you want her in the US before the K1 is approved =) it's worth a try, application is only $75...and even if she gets the visa...she might still be sent back on the next flight right at the POE

if it's a lot to worry about...just wait till the k1 is approved...she's worth all your wait anyway, right? =)

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Sorry to say it but if she doesnt have land, home and other things of value then dont waste your time and money trying for a tourist visa because it wont happen. From start to finish it only took ShaSha about 7 months to come to the US on a K1 visa so maybe you should just do that. Anyone will tell you most tourist visa from the Philippines dont happen if you are not one of the few very rich Filipinos. I love the country and ShaSha received her Green Card the middle of Feb so we are actually in PI now to see family but the US is to tuff on Filipino tourist visa.

i'm not rich but i was lucky enough to get a tourist visa.

Naturalization

Sent N-400 Application....................................... Dec  5 2016

NOA1.................................................................. Dec 13 2016

Biometrics @ St Louis  ...................................... Jan 11 2017

Received Interview Letter .................................. Jun 10 2017 

Interview Scheduled in Chicago, IL ................... Jul 11 2017

Oath Ceremony in Peoria, IL .............................. Sep 20 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No no no! Visas and the USCIS have nothing to do with racial issues! That is such old world thinking and its hard to swallow that you would even suggest that. It is simply meant to ASSURE that the potential immigrant has sufficient ties to their home country, so that the US and the home country is SURE that they will return and follow LEGAL procedures! Not all immigrants are NON-White!!

Have you ever watched the patterns of issues with visas ? They almost never involve white couples, they almost never involve couples where the man is older. If anyone ever created a database dealing with race and m/f age differencial you would see that the process is far from fair. As far as a visitor visa, It again is slanted against countries with a lower average annual income because the formula for "money in the bank" does nothing to factor in that amount against the average income in the respective countries. The easiest visa to get are work visas as evidenced by the number of people involved in Sept. 11 that used work visas.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would not argue that there is no prejudice in the process but the go by certain guidelines which are aimed at allowing only those who can show they have a good reason to return. Owning a house, business or just having good opportunities in the Philippines demonstrates a reason to return. Skin color may warrant a closer look by some COs but they do have specific guidelines. Unfortunately they rarely offer tourist visas to people who are filing for a K-1 or for those who are in the lower income brackets.

W T F

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are applying for K-1, do NOT try the tourist visa unless the country has a VWP. for visas, you are considered an immigrant UNTIL you prove you are not. the tourist visa is based on guilty until proven innocent. I know it is backwards, but once you get a visa to America, you have a "hall pass" to stay. And many, many girls are turned down. If she is under 30, it is next to impossible. Not saying it cannot happen, but better to save your money and wait. The k-1 states you cannot go for another visa or circumvent the K-1 visa process. just be patient, she will be here soon enough. i also thought of getting my fiancee a tourist visa too. it was just going to be a waste of money and time. But you are free to do as you wish, but I highly advise against it.

Edited by gretchen_darren

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.