AmyStan

Tourist visa to US from Philippines

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm considering flying my fiancee to the US while we're waiting for the K1 process; a few weeks and then she will return to await the interview, etc. I am unable to get enough time off work anytime soon to make it worthwhile.

I have heard that tourist visas can be difficult to obtain and generally require substantial assets in a bank in the Philippines to show a high likelihood the person will return. Is this true?

With the fees already paid, anticipated fees to pay, upcoming airline fares when she gets the visa, wedding, etc, I don't have several thousand to give her to deposit in a bank there.

Any help, or general information on a tourist visa to the US from the Philippines, would be appreciated. Thanks!

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

I'm considering flying my fiancee to the US while we're waiting for the K1 process; a few weeks and then she will return to await the interview, etc. I am unable to get enough time off work anytime soon to make it worthwhile.

I have heard that tourist visas can be difficult to obtain and generally require substantial assets in a bank in the Philippines to show a high likelihood the person will return. Is this true?

With the fees already paid, anticipated fees to pay, upcoming airline fares when she gets the visa, wedding, etc, I don't have several thousand to give her to deposit in a bank there.

Any help, or general information on a tourist visa to the US from the Philippines, would be appreciated. Thanks!

She could apply. Just need to present document that she will come back to the philippines i.e employment certificate, property ownership (car, land, house.. etc), bank account...

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

She could apply. Just need to present document that she will come back to the philippines i.e employment certificate, property ownership (car, land, house.. etc), bank account...

:thumbs:

I don't have several thousand to give her to deposit in a bank there.

even if you deposit the money in her count they still need to verify that the money is not just for "show". meaning you have to have an active bank account where cash flows is coming in and out regularly rather than one time deposit... a friend of ours was denied even if she got 1M in her bank since they know its not really hers. although you can always try and explain that hey we filed K1 already and that should mean that we're following all the rules and guidelines to enter legally in the US... etc...

good luck!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline
even if you deposit the money in her count they still need to verify that the money is not just for "show". meaning you have to have an active bank account where cash flows is coming in and out regularly rather than one time deposit... a friend of ours was denied even if she got 1M in her bank since they know its not really hers. although you can always try and explain that hey we filed K1 already and that should mean that we're following all the rules and guidelines to enter legally in the US... etc...

good luck!!!

Appreciate the responses! Seems like we're not treating visitors equally here in the US if we set requirements such that only those with money can visit. We might try the "already filed K1" route and see where it leads. Thanks agan!

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

The whole tourist visa approval is hard in the Philippines yes, but you can always try. And should they ask if she has a pending application, make sure she tells them about the K1.

Have faith. No harm in trying and I wish you all the luck! It's awfully hard to be away from your SO while waiting on this K1 process so go ahead.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah you can try. I met a 45yrs.old single gov't nurse in Manila when I fall in line at the US Embassy for my interview. She was denied because the CO didn't believe on her coming back in the Philippines. She has sisters living in Texas.

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Timeline

Yep, yep. We're going to give it a shot. Now I have to keep my fingers AND toes crossed (hoping for two visas). Thanks again!!

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't bother with the money in the bank thing as it's an old tactic that hasn't been accepted for ages at Manila embassy.

The fact that you have a K1 pending probably will make it even harder to persuade a council to issue a visa. Had a girl tell me once she had a girlfriend who arrived at a US airport only to be told she could not enter and had to take the next plane back to the phils. She already had made several trips to the US with her multiple entry tourist visa but that last trip she had a K1 pending. They didn't let her in because of that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Face it the whole process is slanted in favor of white couples , who use visa waivers to visit all during the relationship. Those of us with a partner from a non white area have to hope that partner has several times the average income from that country just sitting in the bank for years to be able to visit us. This process doesn't come anywhere close to being equal and without prejudice. It favors older white men bringing younger partners. It favors white couples.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

good luck!!!

Appreciate the responses! Seems like we're not treating visitors equally here in the US if we set requirements such that only those with money can visit. We might try the "already filed K1" route and see where it leads. Thanks agan!

yea. but phils is a high fraud post. Even if your fiance had lots of money land and had a million ties to phils the fact that she has you would get her denied a visit visa because of high chance of intetention to immigrate and or adjust status..

It's not fair you are right but it's not the consular's fault its OUR fault. Due to the fact of high fraud and people violating the terms of their visa. It causes the embassy to make it tough on visa issuance. The dishonesty and lack of integrety of visa applicants (the ones that are bad) makes EVERYONE pay the price.

There was a time when getting a visa was short easy and trouble free. My dad came here in 69 married his first wife and 2 weeks later he recieved his green card in the mail automatically no interview no nothin just got married and INS sent it out to him. But in the 70's fraud skyrocketed and its been getting tougher and tougher ever since.

Timeline

good luck!!!

yea. but phils is a high fraud post. Even if your fiance had lots of money land and had a million ties to phils the fact that she has you would get her denied a visit visa because of high chance of intetention to immigrate and or adjust status..

It's not fair you are right but it's not the consular's fault its OUR fault. Due to the fact of high fraud and people violating the terms of their visa. It causes the embassy to make it tough on visa issuance. The dishonesty and lack of integrety of visa applicants (the ones that are bad) makes EVERYONE pay the price.

There was a time when getting a visa was short easy and trouble free. My dad came here in 69 married his first wife and 2 weeks later he recieved his green card in the mail automatically no interview no nothin just got married and INS sent it out to him. But in the 70's fraud skyrocketed and its been getting tougher and tougher ever since.

:thumbs: its the CO's decision to approve it or not.....people shouldn't do such as like getting tourist visa and get married, so what happened to people who obeyed the rules? some fail some don't....sad but true....well nothing to lose if you try, it's just money LOL

dancingbaby.gif

(Jai Ho)No there is nothing that can stop us(Jai Ho)

Nothing can ever come between us,(Jai Ho)

So come and dance with me,

Jai Ho! (oohh)

She has the answer to everything and the solution to nothing

Timeline
Yeah you can try. I met a 45yrs.old single gov't nurse in Manila when I fall in line at the US Embassy for my interview. She was denied because the CO didn't believe on her coming back in the Philippines. She has sisters living in Texas.

Sisters in Texas.... yeap, that's a support network and they don't like that.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline

Also, trouble with giving anyone a tourist visa is that it enables them to enter legally, if they enter legally, they can adjust status without going back (say they marry a citizen). Adjusting might not be as easy, but it can be done.

I personally know a Brazilian woman who adjusted without any headaches whatsoever. She entered on tourist visa, overstayed by 3 years, married an America.

Once on American soil, people sometimes lose their heads.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline

Here's the case one of my friend, he got a stable job, he is a policeman (in service) here in my place. He got married to a Filipina who became a US Citizen (petitioned by parents). HE applied tourist visa to visit his wife and daughter. But sad to say he didn't make it. He got strong ties that he will be back when visa expires and yet he wasn't given a visa. I guess getting tourist visa is you will get it if you are lucky. Well there's no harm in trying. Goodluck

dancingbaby.gif

(Jai Ho)No there is nothing that can stop us(Jai Ho)

Nothing can ever come between us,(Jai Ho)

So come and dance with me,

Jai Ho! (oohh)

She has the answer to everything and the solution to nothing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.