KingAbu

is western union the only way accepted

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello VJers!

Just a quick question. For the past nine months, when I sent my wife money, it was not through western union cause it is expensive. All the Somalis I know use other forms of money transfer such as companies called "Mustaqbal" or "Dahib Shiil". Now will this form of transferring money be acceptable during the interview when they ask for some proofs of on-going relationship? They faxed me the receipts but it doesn't look professional at all. Any of you with experience want to share some words of wisdom?

Thank you in advance.

Take care and peace

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

many are of the opinion that providing evidence of money transfers potentially does more harm than good, so it is best not present this information...

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
many are of the opinion that providing evidence of money transfers potentially does more harm than good, so it is best not present this information...

I'm one of those. Usually it's not the US Citizen's intentions in question, so money transfers don't really help and can hurt. It's ok to have such evidence available if asked but I'd concentrate on other forms of evidence like visits and regular communication instead.

Evidence should be in English. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter how you transfer money. Where possible, opening a second account in your name and sending the foreign national the card and PIN so they can simply withdraw from an ATM tends to be the most efficient and cost effective way to transfer money. Just put money in the account as needed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm one of those. Usually it's not the US Citizen's intentions in question, so money transfers don't really help and can hurt. It's ok to have such evidence available if asked but I'd concentrate on other forms of evidence like visits and regular communication instead.

Evidence should be in English. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter how you transfer money. Where possible, opening a second account in your name and sending the foreign national the card and PIN so they can simply withdraw from an ATM tends to be the most efficient and cost effective way to transfer money. Just put money in the account as needed.

Out of curiosity why should evidence be in English?

Assuming OP wants these proofs at interview stage. Aren't most COs working in non-English speaking countries are well versed with the customs, business manners of that country and plus they always have a native speaker assisting them?

And I agree one should keep money transferring proofs to themselves and use it as last resort. Though for my own interview I did show my western union receipts, consular didn't really studied them, just asked me how much money I received, I guess it was different for us because we were married for 4 years and money exchange is kind of granted in any long term marriage.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Assuming OP wants these proofs at interview stage. Aren't most COs working in non-English speaking countries are well versed with the customs, business manners of that country and plus they always have a native speaker assisting them?

And I agree one should keep money transferring proofs to themselves and use it as last resort. Though for my own interview I did show my western union receipts, consular didn't really studied them, just asked me how much money I received, I guess it was different for us because we were married for 4 years and money exchange is kind of granted in any long term marriage.

Evidence in English is a best practice, not a requirement for all Consulates. Remember, anything the CO keeps is coming to the USA in the sealed envelope with the beneficiary and may be reviewed during AOS or at any time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Evidence in English is a best practice, not a requirement for all Consulates. Remember, anything the CO keeps is coming to the USA in the sealed envelope with the beneficiary and may be reviewed during AOS or at any time.

Ah thanks, clears up much better.

Evidence of giving money to your mate could go either way if a K1.

If married I can't see where it would be anything but positive.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.