mac75

filling soon but I'm scared

25 posts in this topic

Hello All.

I got married in January of 2007 and got my Conditional Green Card in June but my wife and I are not living together since October 2007. The reason is because she when abroad to complete a school program to graduate from college and she had to stay away for 9 months; at that time we stayed in contact but i have no much proof of that since she called from public phones also we used to chat online a lot, after she completed school and graduated she came back in June of 2008 and stay for three months during the summer and left again for another program so she has been gone since September of 2008 until now, also she is planning to stay for one year since she got a Government contract job for that country.

Now that I have to apply to get my conditions removal, I'm afraid to get denied since we haven't spent the majority of our marriage together

Here is the list of documents I have

Our Bank statement

Apartment Lease

lots of pictures

If anyone here have some advise Will be Deeply Appreciated

thank you so much

Filed: Other Timeline
Hello All.

I got married in January of 2007 and got my Conditional Green Card in June but my wife and I are not living together since October 2007. The reason is because she when abroad to complete a school program to graduate from college and she had to stay away for 9 months; at that time we stayed in contact but i have no much proof of that since she called from public phones also we used to chat online a lot, after she completed school and graduated she came back in June of 2008 and stay for three months during the summer and left again for another program so she has been gone since September of 2008 until now, also she is planning to stay for one year since she got a Government contract job for that country.

Now that I have to apply to get my conditions removal, I'm afraid to get denied since we haven't spent the majority of our marriage together

Our Bank statement

Apartment Lease

lots of pictures

thank you so much

Hi there!(geesh, I haven't posted here in long time).Just gather plenty of evidence and Your wife has a good reason why she had to be away so do not worry to much and you are the one who will be filing the I-751 anyway and she is willing to sign the petition and you will be filing jointly you will be ok.Your evidence seems too light you need more than that.Add joint health insurance,life insurance,car insurance,joint utility bills,state id/drivers license showing same home residence,letters addressed to both of you,affidavits from your friends and relatives,magazine subscriptions etc in joint names.Goodluck to you.

I also have our marriage certificate, proof of cellphone bills, and some other bills to her to our address,

copies of driver state ID and passport

but the taxes documents are not filled together because her dad takes care of that since they have some business under her name, they said they have to do that

Hello All.

Our Bank statement

Apartment Lease

lots of pictures

thank you so much

Sure doesn't sound like much of a marriage. I wouldn't be scared as you don't have much to lose!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I also have our marriage certificate, proof of cellphone bills, and some other bills to her to our address,

copies of driver state ID and passport

but the taxes documents are not filled together because her dad takes care of that since they have some business under her name, they said they have to do that

That sounds a little sketchy! That could be a problem.

You will need to get affadivits attesting to the relationship, also gather evidence on why she was out of the country in the first place (ie letter of admission into the school/program etc).

My question is this, why did you leave this until now? You have two years from when you get the green card to removing conditions, and you know that you need to provide evidnce at that point. So why wait until the last minute?

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

I have no excuses for that

also our plan was to move together when she gets a job abroad but now that she got it and the way the economy is right now I cannot leave the US to be with her, also I haven been able to fing a Job where she is

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I have no excuses for that

also our plan was to move together when she gets a job abroad but now that she got it and the way the economy is right now I cannot leave the US to be with her, also I haven been able to fing a Job where she is

You were planning to move to the US, get the greencard and then move to another country? Would this not then mean you abandon your residency and have wasted time and money? You need naturalization before you plan to live in another country for an extended period of time and keep the option to come back.

In fairness I want US citizenship so that I can leave, move back to England so that my wife can experince it but always keep the option (and always plan) to come back. As of right now however I don't see it happening. At least not in the next few years. Where is She?

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This is very troublesome for removal of conditions (and for citizenship based on marriage) - I am a tax professional too (only worked for 20+ years in tax administration). Anyone that says that they are filing separately because of 'financial' reasons are full of it - generally they are too scared to disclose full income for fear of being caught.

Jointly filed taxes are primary evidence of your married lives together - not doing this is outright stupid in my opinion. Good Luck

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Of course things does not look right here, thats why I'm requesting some kind of advise

I'm not here to be judged!!

Time went thru very fast, our plans as a couple has not been very succesfully and I live in the US and I was planning to move with her for a few months but my financial situation didnt let me do that and now she is working abroad and I'm here in the US

About the TAXES, there is nothing I need to hide, the reason is becuase like I said her dad does that for her.

Last year i was trying to file together is she said I think my dad already did that for me because you know we have some stuff under my name thats why we need to do it that way.

Of course things does not look right here, thats why I'm requesting some kind of advise

Time went thru very fast, our plans as a couple has not been very succesfully and I live in the US and I was planning to move with her for a few months but my financial situation didnt let me do that and now she is working abroad and I'm here in the US

About the TAXES, there is nothing I need to hide, the reason is becuase like I said her dad does that for her.

Last year i was trying to file together is she said I think my dad already did that for me because you know we have some stuff under my name thats why we need to do it that way.

Do you mean they have stuff under her name(meaning businesses or homes) here in the states or abroad? If here that may be a problem.....any way to find out for sure?

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think you should gather any or all info you can, affidavits, cards, letters... anything at all

I can understand your situation, many people outside of this immigration situation have marriages that are not perfect in terms of being together all the time etc. and it does not mean it's not valid although some arent! This forum is about immigration, not marriage counseling or advice!

My mom and her husband currently live in different countries for financial and career reasons, visiting each other as often as they can and speaking to each other practically all day long! People judge their married but I see it stronger than many where the couples are together everyday. They enjoy each other thoroughly when together, are happy , which is more than I can say for some marriages!and will move back together once the economy looks up

With that I wish you good luck and as long as you have a bonafide marriage, get all the documents you can to prove that! However, I suggest trying to establish anything else you can during the wait as you may get a RFE. :wacko:

Edited by queendlee

Mailed N-400 March 6th via priority certified mail and Rec'd 9th (confirmation by USPS)

NOA rec'd: 3/19/2009 (date 3/16/2009, priority 3/9/2009)

Biometrics rec'd 3/26/2009, appt 4/9/2009

IL: 5/22/09

ID: 07/06/2009

Oath: 07/16/2009

SSN updated: 7/16/2009 (not received yet)

Passport rec'd: 8/15/2009(nat. certif not rec'd yet)

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello All.

Our Bank statement

Apartment Lease

lots of pictures

thank you so much

I'm not trying to be mean but it sounds like a contract marriage. Are you serious? Who in their right mind is going to believe that your marriage is real?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline
Hello All.

Our Bank statement

Apartment Lease

lots of pictures

thank you so much

I'm not trying to be mean but it sounds like a contract marriage. Are you serious? Who in their right mind is going to believe that your marriage is real?

not for nothing but if so many of us on this forum have questions, imagine how it would play out with an IO. I dont want to say that your whole situation is sketchy, but I do think you need to think long and hard about what you are going to do and how you are going to gather all the material that you need if you are to successfully remove conditions.

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

Hello All.

Our Bank statement

Apartment Lease

lots of pictures

thank you so much

believe it or not, our marriage is real

I love her and we want to be together when she finish her contract job abroad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.