Luiz /Priscilla

Advance Parole (I-131)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wife is pregnant, with problems, and we don't have health insurance.

She needs to go to Brazil (she has insurance there).

We applied for AP together with I-130 and I-485 (January 24/2008)

Yesterday we had an Infopass for the local office (Newark/NJ).

First they told us that "threatening miscarriage" isn't an emergency. After I had long conversation with them, to convince that were an emergency, the agent told me that the local office couldn't expedite the AP.

I try to call the 800 number (listed on the NOA), but the process isn't listed in the computer.

Dos anybody knows when should I get the AP?

Dos anybody knows what to do now to expedite the process?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
My wife is pregnant, with problems, and we don't have health insurance. Dos anybody knows when should I get the AP? Dos anybody knows what to do now to expedite the process?
Assuming that your AP filing was complete and is processing normally, expect to receive the approval in approximately 60 days from the date when USCIS acknowledged having received the filing. There is nothing short of a verifiable family emergency overseas that might expedite processing of the AP, that I know of. Sincere sympathies regarding your wife's health problems; this is a "worst-case scenario" that should be planned for well before U.S. entry or even petition submission. Have you considered visiting your county health department, or asking a religious charity or relief agency for help or referrals?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

She has health insurance on her country (Brazil), we don't have health insurance here. All private doctors here wouldn't see her, because she hasn't insurance, even if we offer to pay our self.

The charity clinics (Hospital) are so booked, we only have appointment for April 10, nothing before.

Her case is very dangerous, she has "placenta partial detachment".

My wife is pregnant, with problems, and we don't have health insurance. Dos anybody knows when should I get the AP? Dos anybody knows what to do now to expedite the process?
Assuming that your AP filing was complete and is processing normally, expect to receive the approval in approximately 60 days from the date when USCIS acknowledged having received the filing. There is nothing short of a verifiable family emergency overseas that might expedite processing of the AP, that I know of. Sincere sympathies regarding your wife's health problems; this is a "worst-case scenario" that should be planned for well before U.S. entry or even petition submission. Have you considered visiting your county health department, or asking a religious charity or relief agency for help or referrals?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I remember you had an infopass appt for march 12....

At the infopass, were they able to find your case? You had mentioned you can't pull it online, and is not retrieved by the phone system, so were the clerks there able to pull it up? Because my next question to the forum would be, 'what do you do when your case does not pull up on the computer or on the phone?' Or something similar to that?

Your timeline is similar to ours, and our case appeared right away..

Also, you should do a walk in biometrics appt. It helps to have that done before you get your AP. WE got told that during our call to the USCIS, and another member had mentioned that. So we walked in to our biometrics appt, then after we did that, we applied for the expedited AP, but our case 'showed up'.

Edited by ikarus

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It is not illegal to leave the country while under AOS.

It is illegal to come back without AP.

Why don't you go to Brazil and she stays there until you get the AP in the mail and mail it to her (or fly back to Brazil with the AP).

Also, I don't think any state will leave an expectant mother in danger and hospitals will have to accept her for delivery. How do you think illegal immigrants do?

There are many groups and resources available to help. "Googling" or a County hospital is a good place to start from.

As to individual health insurance, you can email me, I unfortunately know a lot about it :)

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

OK, so as far as I know if you're K1 it IS illegal to leave the country without an AP*. I don't know about AOS.

Some senior people correct me if I'm wrong.

ETA: *you must have AP in hand on the date of leaving the country and POE will match these up.

Edited Again to Add: Not that it's illegal but that it means that the application is abandoned.

Sorry about the edits, brain half asleep

Edited by Slightly Bonkers

K-1 Application

================

2nd October 2007 - I-129F sent to CSC

10th October 2007 - NOA1 issued

31st January 2008 - NOA2 issued

22nd May 2008 - Interview date

18th July 2008 - US here I come

22nd August 2008 - Wedding date

AOS

================

15th September 2008 - AOS Pack (I485, I131, I765) Sent

22nd September 2008 - NOA1 x 3 Received

6th October 2008 - Transferred to CSC

17th October 2008 - Biometrics

5th December 2008 - EAD & AP approved

20th February 2008 - GC approved

I-751

================

1st December 2010 - I-751 Sent (CSC)

3rd December 2010 - I-751 Received

7th December 2010 - Cheque cashed

3rd January 2011 - Biometrics

Timeline
I remember you had an infopass appt for march 12....

At the infopass, were they able to find your case? You had mentioned you can't pull it online, and is not retrieved by the phone system, so were the clerks there able to pull it up? Because my next question to the forum would be, 'what do you do when your case does not pull up on the computer or on the phone?' Or something similar to that?

Your timeline is similar to ours, and our case appeared right away..

Also, you should do a walk in biometrics appt. It helps to have that done before you get your AP. WE got told that during our call to the USCIS, and another member had mentioned that. So we walked in to our biometrics appt, then after we did that, we applied for the expedited AP, but our case 'showed up'.

She already did the biometric (02/25/09)

No case shows on the computer (I-130, I-485)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

It is not illegal to leave the US while your AOS is pending. No one is going to arrest anyone for leaving. The problem is that if you leave without AP while your AOS is pending, USCIS will consider that abandoning your aplication. You would then have to start all over and apply for a spousal visa from Brazil.

There must be some sort of clinic that treats pregnant women without insurance on a sliding scale fee schedule. I hope you can find one or find some other way of getting the medical treatment you need.

~ Catherine

Edited by BermyCat

You say the info isn't on the computer. Do you have anything, any case number on a piece of paper received by yourself? You must have had something if you went for biometrics. It is NOT illegal if your wife leaves, however she won't be able to get back into the US without her AP in hand.

Here is just one of many threads where someone got expedited AP. Read through all the posts. Many of them were by myself. There is a listing of offices where you can go...you'll also note that the OP in that thread had a letter from a Doctor. Do you have that? Who says your wife is at risk for a miscarriage? Do you have this documented?

I find it incredulous that there is no clinic in your area that can help your wife out right now, and you're also saying no one will help her even though you've offered money?? My gosh!

If she HAS to get back home, then please get back into the infopass place, with your documentation, and please be assertive, not agressive in trying to get your needs met. Have your wife with you, bring your documents...make sure you have something from a Doctor here to verify this information. Have copies of reciepts, particularly letters with your case number on it, and receipts of payment for your I-131 etc.

Please get back to us with what happened.

Wishing you all the best.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

We received NOA(I-797) with the receipt number (MSC......).

But when I enter that receipt number on www.uscis.gov, I get "error, case not existing".

She will leave the country 4 a week before we will get the AP papers (assuming the timelines here are correct), and I will send her the paper later, she only need the papers to return.

You say the info isn't on the computer. Do you have anything, any case number on a piece of paper received by yourself? You must have had something if you went for biometrics. It is NOT illegal if your wife leaves, however she won't be able to get back into the US without her AP in hand.

Here is just one of many threads where someone got expedited AP. Read through all the posts. Many of them were by myself. There is a listing of offices where you can go...you'll also note that the OP in that thread had a letter from a Doctor. Do you have that? Who says your wife is at risk for a miscarriage? Do you have this documented?

I find it incredulous that there is no clinic in your area that can help your wife out right now, and you're also saying no one will help her even though you've offered money?? My gosh!

If she HAS to get back home, then please get back into the infopass place, with your documentation, and please be assertive, not agressive in trying to get your needs met. Have your wife with you, bring your documents...make sure you have something from a Doctor here to verify this information. Have copies of reciepts, particularly letters with your case number on it, and receipts of payment for your I-131 etc.

I just realized I didn't include the link to the thread that I was talking about yesterday. You need to read through this thread. Within the thread is another link that you'll also find helpful.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=166525

You CAN, if your situation is as it's described get the infopass office to issue you an emergency AP, with the proper documentation. That's why you need to read the thread.

You as well, can't leave and just send the AP papers to her. They'll be dated later than she left and they might not let her back in. She's to have the papers before she leaves.

Check out the above thread and try some of what's suggested there first before she leaves if she doesn't get it in the mail by then.

USCIS is notoriously not accurate on their updating case status on their websites.

We received NOA(I-797) with the receipt number (MSC......).

But when I enter that receipt number on www.uscis.gov, I get "error, case not existing".

She will leave the country 4 a week before we will get the AP papers (assuming the timelines here are correct), and I will send her the paper later, she only need the papers to return.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.